The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

whiplash

Broken In
Placed my order of mi3 :) I haven't used android OS as i have always been a Nokia user..currently owning a lumia 720. Though still wondering Is 16 GB internal memory is enough for apps and music ?

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
No no these are stable roms, I didn't lose any data, but it's always safe to have a backup before updating, use the built in backup option

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys when is redmi note launching? What will be the price? Will keep it 10k or reduce, what do you think? I think xiaomi is a bit late. The karbonn octane plus will be a stiff competitor.

Dark Prince

Broken In
Guys i guess i have a Mi3 to give away. Just got a message from my friend stating that he has a Mi3 in the cart to give away. PM me if anyone is interested. Will try to place a COD

TheHumanBot

Padawan
so today i was playing clash of clans and the back side near camera i felt the back cover is really soft like it's melting :lol: i thought it might be just me but nope co-worker said the same thing. and of course he said but you were saying heating issue will be solved with updates and i had no answer );

anyone experienced something like this with redmi 1s ?

don't assume anything about redmi 1s just checking with you guys.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
guys is there a way to update Redmi 1S by copy pasting the update file in SD card instead of OTA?
if yes do post link and details

bgeing

Broken In
guys is there a way to update Redmi 1S by copy pasting the update file in SD card instead of OTA?

I think it can be possible, open updater in mob and press option > press select update package > then locate the folder you've copied the update file on sd card and proceed. In mi3 update file download in the 'downloaded_rom' folder. Hope you get the same with redmi 1s.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I think it can be possible, open updater in mob and press option > press select update package > then locate the folder you've copied the update file on sd card and proceed. In mi3 update file download in the 'downloaded_rom' folder. Hope you get the same with redmi 1s.
Thanks for the reply

Is this the official update?
MIUI ROM for Redmi 1S - MIUI Downloads - MIUI Official Forum

bgeing

Broken In
Thanks for the reply

Is this the official update?
MIUI ROM for Redmi 1S - MIUI Downloads - MIUI Official Forum

In that link its showing 'china' region, however i think you should update with 'global' version which is 43.0 with 515M (Indian specific update not yet released i think as in the case of mi3, any experienced FM can confirm this).

Before doing so, pl go through this thread to get to know more from who have updated their redmi 1s recently and also visit miui fourm.

Remember below also....
avoid using external sd card,update using internal storage.

Also check in you mobile's updater that what its showing (if dont hav net in ur mob, then check the forum).

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello Experts,

We have a Redmi 1S at our home less than 2 weeks and update to the latest ver.41 when it prompt. My query here whenever Camera start for Video mode it always go back to 720P mode as a result Low 720P recording. As I still can't able to locate how to/ where to save 1080P settings.

If anyone find solution or workaround please share.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

download the ROM zip file from the MIUI site, put it anywhere in sd card/internal memory.
open the updater app, click menu button and select the update package (the zip file)
select update
wait for phone to reboot.

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
I updated three Redmi phones this way. You can put the update in internal or external memory and update using the updater app.

Top Bottom