The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys I'm interested in get Redmi1S for my mom. Need some inputs from you guys who may already be using the product. Is this worth it?
I see lot of negative reviews on this.

ajayritik

Technomancer
But I'm hearing lot of talk about it's heating problem and crashing. I don't want her to feel upset that I bought her something which has problems

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
[MENTION=165219]emailvarunchandak[/MENTION] how's the v32 so far? Any bugs? I'm thinking about flashing it

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
[MENTION=165219]emailvarunchandak[/MENTION] how's the v32 so far? Any bugs? I'm thinking about flashing it

not much difference.... this noise cancellation is pissing me out... however, that ghosty and robotic sound during AV recording is gone... that can be a relief.... binary selections are more flat... unit increase/decrease scroll bars are also flat.....

if you want, you can avoid it until a proper version is available via updater app... this is the best bet...

NOTE: Earlier people were saying about covering the speaker on right side and left side and were not able to hear from 1 side.... i also tried and it was the same.... I think there is only 1 speaker on left side and there is a microphone on the other side... else if you are talking on phone then your voice is directed downwards, not upwards, therefore its logical to think there is one microphone down below.. But I need to confirm this from people...

setanjan123

In the zone
Flashed twrp and installed pure performance X, pure audio and the pure graphics hd mod one after another :-D. The UI has become very snappy. Didn't try games or playing music. I am sure there will be some improvement there too.

setanjan123

In the zone
Guys I'm interested in get Redmi1S for my mom. Need some inputs from you guys who may already be using the product. Is this worth it?
I see lot of negative reviews on this.
Honestly, the redmi 1s is a phone I would only recommend to people who have a bit of know how. The hardware is solid and the screen is gorgeous. The software issues are a bit overrated and can be solved with a bit of tweaking. If all your mom needs is a basic smartphone with a bit of multimedia and gaming, this is a good choice. The heating issue is overrated. It only occurs when you are playing hd games. If you just root the phone and install coolify and one power guard, the heating will reduce . Then there is pure performance X mod which after I have installed, the phone performance has improved considerably. But by no means am I stating that you have to do all this just to use the phone. I personally used my Redmi for two weeks before rooting. It ran pretty well. The battery life is what caused me to Root. If you are a heavy user, it drains pretty fast especially because of the hd display. My opinion would be buy the redmi, root and underclock it to 1.2 Ghz, install coolify and one power guard. It will be more than enough for your mom.
Personally I would say its worth it because of the gorgeous screen alone and then there is the camera which is way better than its competitors. Your other options are zenfone 4 or Android one. I won't recommend moto e since it is getting long in the tooth.

Last edited:

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
guys..

any decent app for Mi3 to record audio and video and capture photos ?? I am willing to pay decent amount for it. Due to this AV issue my work is stalled..!!

app reviews would be great if included.

kevz22

crazy techie
guys..

any decent app for Mi3 to record audio and video and capture photos ?? I am willing to pay decent amount for it. Due to this AV issue my work is stalled..!!

app reviews would be great if included.

Had the same issue. Installed developer ROM and everything is fine now. Here's a sample video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZIEi8sbaSk

BTW, even v32 of the stable ROM has the audio recording problem while shooting videos. That prompted me to flash developer ROM v4.9.26.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] bro flipkart is mentioning that the next stock of mi earphones will be the if edition

so you going for these or the if edition .. I an in double mind to cancel and wait for if edition or to keep v2 as for price if edition
are listed for 799 as well

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
[MENTION=86068]dashing.sujay[/MENTION] bro flipkart is mentioning that the next stock of mi earphones will be the if edition

so you going for these or the if edition .. I an in double mind to cancel and wait for if edition or to keep v2 as for price if edition
are listed for 799 as well

I even got it delivered today. Flipkart is sometimes too fast. Hardly 36 hrs.

kapiljhajhria

Broken In
Don't buy any xiaomi device
Check this out MIUI India ? View topic - No Xiaomi Spare parts at Xiaomi Service centres

Will be making the same thread here as well

*www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/1...pare-parts-even-xiaomi-exclusive-centres.html

Last edited:

riyaz

Broken In
[MENTION=121718]saifi2649[/MENTION]i, I have it in cart but already ordered another phone so if u want, I can put your address on a COD order..

emailvarunchandak

In the zone
Had the same issue. Installed developer ROM and everything is fine now. Here's a sample video: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZIEi8sbaSk

BTW, even v32 of the stable ROM has the audio recording problem while shooting videos. That prompted me to flash developer ROM v4.9.26.

can you quote main differences between v32 and developer version ?? So that I will flash it too...

FYI the video was taken from Mi3 Dev ROM ????

Link to the download please :)

saifi2649

Broken In
[MENTION=121718]saifi2649[/MENTION]i, I have it in cart but already ordered another phone so if u want, I can put your address on a COD order..
Thank you for your offer bro even I also found one mi3 in my cart today and ordered asap when i saw it lol

kevz22

crazy techie
can you quote main differences between v32 and developer version ?? So that I will flash it too...

FYI the video was taken from Mi3 Dev ROM ????

Link to the download please :)

It is available here: en.miui.com/extra.php?mod=rom/download&r=101&mobile=no#164
Download the WCDMA Chinese Developer ROM.

The video was shot after flashing v4.9.26.

Top Bottom