The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

Nerevarine

Incarnate
nah im just saying, thats like a general tendency.. I am very much happy that a company has launched a premium phone at such a low price, but from there how does it evolve ? to provide better after sales support right ?
AFAIK mi3 qualifies every bit to be a premium phone, if only someone assures me that for atleast a year this phone will work properly without any hassles at all, id instabuy it

rish1

Cyborg Agent
^ they'll never learn, Samsung never does and keeps launching trash after trash.

Samsung phones are trash maybe but they are very good Price wise of course talking about Tier 1 OEMs here... S5 was overpriced at launch but they quickly brought down the price to correct level.. if it had snapdragon instead of exynos it would have been a great phone despite Crappy design,touchwiz and gimmicks...

their main asset is Spamming with infinite models with same specs and marketing it at decent prices
apart from this they are clueless what to do... even xolo management seems to make better decisions than samsung

that is in Mid- high end..

in low end under Rs 15,000 they don't know S*** , they are more clueless now after their sales dropping.. i can't believe who allowed them to launch a single core device for 7k like galaxy ace nxt..

Htc has always been king in Overpricing stuff ..
Sony was great last year .. this year they went full retard.. only Lg seems to be consistent with decent pricing.. not counting motorola here..

i still think xiaomi wont affect sales of Samsung,Sony,Lg,htc Much though due to offline availability + brand Image + advertisements ...

But Mmx,Xolo,karbon,Motorola, can kiss goodbye to their sales..

Now their will be A great divide.. in 2 categories

Phones under 15k and phones more than 15k

under 15k will belong to Xiaomi , Asus while more than 15k will belong to Sammy,Lg,sony,htc

Last edited:

kaz

right here
I am on convincing mode these days so that I get money from PoPs to get Mi3 :D

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot
Common guys dont call yourself as geeks.we all know xaiomi is selling for low prices. Xiaomi want to enetr in indian market and they dont even have their own software division.

HTC, Sony , Samusng, Apple pose high price because they work on software updates for specific period, but in case of Xiaomi its not.

After getting considerable market share xiaomi will increase teh price but not like sony etc

kaz

right here
Common guys dont call yourself as geeks.we all know xaiomi is selling for low prices. Xiaomi want to enetr in indian market and they dont even have their own software division.

HTC, Sony , Samusng, Apple pose high price because they work on software updates for specific period, but in case of Xiaomi its not.

After getting considerable market share xiaomi will increase teh price but not like sony etc

Still 14k for that spec keeps me day dreaming...
And the Moto G killer is already out as Zenfone 5 but Xiaomi 1S will provide Moto G at 7k with 8mp camera and SD card slot...This is the company which should be the no.1 smartphone manufacturer.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day people like me will be installing CM only and other mods may bring LG's and Samsung's features as well to the Mi3

amjath

Human Spambot
Still 14k for that spec keeps me day dreaming...
And the Moto G killer is already out as Zenfone 5 but Xiaomi 1S will provide Moto G at 7k with 8mp camera and SD card slot...This is the company which should be the no.1 smartphone manufacturer.. :)

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day people like me will be installing CM only and other mods may bring LG's and Samsung's features as well to the Mi3

thats highly doubtful.

The prices do make drool too, What I'm saying is xiaomi has a temporary reason for the low price, bashing other companies for price doesnt look good

kaz

right here
thats highly doubtful.

The prices do make drool too, What I'm saying is xiaomi has a temporary reason for the low price, bashing other companies for price doesnt look good

Actually Mi3 is 7-8 months old so the price has came down now...Mi4 is releasing this month...
And there is the deadly OnePlus One with Snapdragon 801 @299$

Hrishi

When I read the specs ..everything seems okay ...but then when I saw the chipset being offered at 15k...I was like wut ?!!

I could have swapped my optimus g with this phone but I really dont know how good they are with software part.
I need a damn stable phone , LG is good with that.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz

you do know that the developer support for Xiaomi phones inside xda is almost nil...its ZERO for mi3 but i think there is some for mi2s,

they havent released kernel sources for Mi3 so dont expect any custom roms for mi3 unless phone gets into hands of some good developer,who can reverse engineer stuff..
Xda mods dont really like the MIUI for couple of reasons..which is why you dont see anymore MIUI based roms there..

So all those who plan to tinker with the phone..i think its pretty safe to say that's not gonna happen
Will probably be stuck with the iphonish UI for a while
They might release the kernel after mi4 is released though..thats the only hope..and then some developers can take over..

the phone is at 4.4.2 now..future updates and releases android L support etc are not yet known

Dastan

Broken In
Heard Msm8974 was the soc whith which they sold in china and here its Msm8274. Anyone know what's the difference ? Is it just Modem?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Heard Msm8974 was the soc whith which they sold in china and here its Msm8274. Anyone know what's the difference ? Is it just Modem?

nope..its the same chip set version every region

- - - Updated - - -

Kidding right...MIUI release updates much more than HTC, SONY, LG etc....
just check their ported ROMS lists (whooping list of other brands there)

and there tagline
"Rain or shine, MIUI updates weekly
MIUI evolves with our user feedback
"

amjath

Human Spambot
nope..its the same chip set version every region

- - - Updated - - -

Kidding right...MIUI release updates much more than HTC, SONY, LG etc....
just check their ported ROMS lists (whooping list of other brands there)

and there tagline
"Rain or shine, MIUI updates weekly
MIUI evolves with our user feedback
"
I meant xaiomi not miui, like Samsung,HTC does

Nerevarine

Incarnate
any chance for cyanogenmod on this ? its a global phone after all, and its chipset doesnt have locked kernel like mediatek crap ?

Top Bottom