The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Its not bad as I expected,I tested the top mic from hardware test menu and it is still picking out sounds, but emailvarun should be able to tell more about it as he is using the same case
Regarding the nillkin tempered glass ,the oleophobic coating is not exactly the best ,finger print still accumulates on it ,but marginally better compared to stock glass !
Oh BTW I got a screen protector from nillkin alongside and the seller also threw in another screen protector!

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Miui 6 will release for redmi 1s
Just for my info is redmi 1s a good option over xperia L?

screen - undoubtedly yes

camera - check cam quality here

Hands On: Xiaomi Redmi 1S | Lowyat.NET

performance -

more or less same

design and brand , rom support - Xperia L

if i were you i would upgrade to either Mi3 or hold on to xperia L longer..

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
screen - undoubtedly yes

camera - check cam quality here

Hands On: Xiaomi Redmi 1S | Lowyat.NET

performance -

more or less same

design and brand , rom support - Xperia L

if i were you i would upgrade to either Mi3 or hold on to xperia L longer..
I'll either get MI3 or moto g2.
I was planning on sticking with L for another 6 months, after the power button incident.. the power button is becoming harder day by day + screen responsiveness is also reducing

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm not sure about redmi ,has read on forums ,it can get sluggish at times due to miui and 1gb ram !

kaz

right here
I'm not sure about redmi ,has read on forums ,it can get sluggish at times due to miui and 1gb ram !

True... A review from PocketNow showed it lagging in PlayStore

- - - Updated - - -

1S import price Rs. 4,623 and Note's Rs. 5,997

Strait away 2k+ profit on 1S and 3k on Note :shock:
While on Mi3 its less than 1800rs.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
True... A review from PocketNow showed it lagging in PlayStore

- - - Updated - - -

1S import price Rs. 4,623 and Note's Rs. 5,997

Strait away 2k+ profit on 1S and 3k on Note :shock:
While on Mi3 its less than 1800rs.

they are planning a giveaway for 10 redmi phones at the launch/facebook promo. I also think they'll have to promote these more than mi3 because average joe in India buying a 6-7k phone gets swayed away by Samdung and Microcrap ads.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
I really hope they do release MI3/Redmi 1s locally.
Redmi 1s does lag I saw in some vidoes, but maybe as those ones are the mediatek ones? Or maybe they are on android 4.3? Miui 6 might make it smoother

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing.
So far 20k units get sold out in 2-3 secs, which is really fast compared to other countries sales,I don't really think the entire 20k units are sold.Flipkart might be building an Inventory for future sales and selling only 5-10k phones out of the 20k?
So maybe in 1 month or so they can have roughly 50k units to sell

Esoteric Eric

Journeyman
Xiaomi Mi 4 review: One 4 All|GSMArena

GSMArena said:
...the Xiaomi Mi 4 and its Snapdragon 801 chipset deliver excellent performance and provide hiccup-free gaming and blazing-fast Android + MIUI experience just as its predecessor - the Xiaomi Mi 3. This means that if the upgraded chipset is your sole reason for upgrade from the Mi 3, might as well keep your Mi 3 for yet another year. It's an equally good performer for all practical purposes.

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
I really hope they do release MI3/Redmi 1s locally.
Redmi 1s does lag I saw in some vidoes, but maybe as those ones are the mediatek ones? Or maybe they are on android 4.3? Miui 6 might make it smoother

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing.
So far 20k units get sold out in 2-3 secs, which is really fast compared to other countries sales,I don't really think the entire 20k units are sold.Flipkart might be building an Inventory for future sales and selling only 5-10k phones out of the 20k?
So maybe in 1 month or so they can have roughly 50k units to sell

no they are selling full units minus the units needed for replacement..

people are using automated scripts which allows them to buy it in 0.3 secs on a fast connection..

its not only individual buyers that are buying but resellers in many quantities from different accounts as well which are selling them on ebay/olx for profit margins..

this phone is hyped more than apple / moto g / and samsung products so selling out in 3-5 sec is normal especially when you have this less inventory and all india sales exclusive to fk .. plus also remember there is 1 week time in between sales .. this increases the demand much more

motorola sold 10,00,000 units in 5 months , moto g share would have been 6,00,000-7,00,000 units in 5 months meaning around 1,20,000-1,30,000 units per month

and xiaomi has managed 70,000 in 1 month due to limited supply while having 3-4x more demand than moto G, so its not surprising it is going out in 5 sec

plus no phone would be released locally as it would require giving dealers/distributors margin and xiaomi is only online sales in most other countries and very few offline sales as well that is why they are able to sell it so cheaply with no advertisements and middlemen costs

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Xiaomi Mi4 review: China?s iPhone killer is unoriginal but amazing | Ars Technica

Another review ,good points made ,they are pretty impressed about the build quality, read the comments

Top Bottom