The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
any update on RedMi 1S launch date?
This month end, check the link I posted in my previous post to an interview of Hugo Barra
Raw support is there only in the Chinese version, not in WCDmA version, but there is an app in playstore that let's you take RAW photos, in our phone also, will update the link here soon

UPDATE [MENTION=165219]emailvarunchandak[/MENTION]
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maginmp.app.mi2raw

Details about the app
[Raw Images] [Mi3] Capture raw images on Mi3!! - App - MIUI Official Community
havent used it myself,tell us your impressions if you plan to use it

Last edited:
E

emailvarunchandak

Raw support is there only in the Chinese version, not in WCDmA version, but there is an app in playstore that let's you take RAW photos, in our phone also, will update the link here soon

great... lemme know about that...

kamal_saran

android lover
hey guys . i install that so called mi suite program on my pc . and when updating through that it only takes upto 5 or 7 minutes . so i think that it downloads only those files which are additional and flash them on phone and u just got updated to latest without downloading massive ~500mb rom file. BTW i'm on a 512kbps connection so i think that's what happens updating through pc. can anyone do it on their pc and confirm if i'm right about this . because then i think we can fastly update to latest and also no problem of showing no update on some phones

E

emailvarunchandak

hey guys . i install that so called mi suite program on my pc . and when updating through that it only takes upto 5 or 7 minutes . so i think that it downloads only those files which are additional and flash them on phone and u just got updated to latest without downloading massive ~500mb rom file. BTW i'm on a 512kbps connection so i think that's what happens updating through pc. can anyone do it on their pc and confirm if i'm right about this . because then i think we can fastly update to latest and also no problem of showing no update on some phones
mi suite ??? Link please

KayKashyap

Journeyman
correct me if im wrong,but if we were on stable miui rom V18,the update is about only 20mb!!

mine was updated in 2 mins with 20mbps(4mbps download speed) xD

- - - Updated - - -

no they aren't launched yet,but some people own it,thanks to bangalore meeting & hugo barra !! :-/

E

emailvarunchandak

UPDATE [MENTION=165219]emailvarunchandak[/MENTION]
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maginmp.app.mi2raw

Details about the app
[Raw Images] [Mi3] Capture raw images on Mi3!! - App - MIUI Official Community
havent used it myself,tell us your impressions if you plan to use it

sure... will get back to u after i do a thorough testing..

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
mi suite ??? Link please

Connect your phone to the PC , the Mi Suite shows up with a Drive Letter next to it, click on it to Install It. Its all in Chinese but there's a English referral in Mi forums.If you are on 22 you will miss surfing the net on the Mi3 connected to a PC using the PCs net connection.

E

emailvarunchandak

Connect your phone to the PC , the Mi Suite shows up with a Drive Letter next to it, click on it to Install It. Its all in Chinese but there's a English referral in Mi forums.If you are on 22 you will miss surfing the net on the Mi3 connected to a PC using the PCs net connection.

****....!!! now i need to check this evening with my v22 Mi 3 :'( :sad:

bgeing

Broken In

I haven't updated till now, mine is on 16.0. Do u suggest to update? but, i need that PC net using feature as i dont have net on my sim. however, currently i'm able to browse in my mob using PCs net.

1more thing to i've not yet removed front screen sticker as the screen protector on its way to reach me may be tomorw. Will affect in anyway other than display goes off during call due covered on proximity sensor? Pl do share ur knowledge.

sushovan

In the zone
I haven't updated till now, mine is on 16.0. Do u suggest to update? but, i need that PC net using feature as i dont have net on my sim. however, currently i'm able to browse in my mob using PCs net.

1more thing to i've not yet removed front screen sticker as the screen protector on its way to reach me may be tomorw. Will affect in anyway other than display goes off during call due covered on proximity sensor? Pl do share ur knowledge.

Update to 18.0 version. You can keep that sticker until screen protector arrives, it won't do any harm :D

Which screen protector did you buy btw?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

If you are not getting the 18.0 OTA then follow this link to do it manually.

Xiaomi MI3 owner review and discussion - Dost and Dimes Forum at DesiDime

Not an issue I did the same too regarding the screen guard.

bgeing

Broken In
Update to 18.0 version. You can keep that sticker until screen protector arrives, it won't do any harm :D

Which screen protector did you buy btw?

If you are not getting the 18.0 OTA then follow this link to do it manually.

Xiaomi MI3 owner review and discussion - Dost and Dimes Forum at DesiDime

Not an issue I did the same too regarding the screen guard.

wow! thanks to you both for the info.

Btw I ordered this ... Amzer Ultra Clear Screen Guard Protector With Cleaning Cloth FOR Xiaomi MI 3 | eBay
Dont know its good or not, I just avoided matte and low in amt. didn't have much time to research.

update: Also mine already in 16.0, when pressed on 'check for updates' it keep showing either 'there are no new updates' or 'you are on the latest version', what's this means? 18.0 isnt available or what?

Last edited:
E

emailvarunchandak

Can anyone help me regarding this screenshot ????

I am unable to connect to forums from tapatalk... :(

*s4.postimg.org/ywr9jylg9/Screenshot_2014_08_08_07_06_34.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sushovan

In the zone
Can anyone help me regarding this screenshot ????

I am unable to connect to forums from tapatalk... :(

*s4.postimg.org/ywr9jylg9/Screenshot_2014_08_08_07_06_34.jpg
Its a known error, occurring ever since they upgraded(?) this forum. try tapping repeatedly(if you still get error, just try same procedure after a few mins) or use another version.

Top Bottom