The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
My cousin has a channel on Flipkart. He says up to 1% of sold phones are returned. Some buyers are as*holes. They buy a phone, usually to show off in some party, then return it, even though everything with the phone is fine. There will always be such buyers, and this is the cost of doing business.

So, it is possible that the Mi3 phones are good, but still returned. You will just have to check before buying, as there is a small amount of risk.

I had myself bought a 10-day used Moto G for 9k instead of the ongoing price of 14k in March last year, and it has been working fine.

Yeah it's true, I have heard the same from the delivery guy, he mentioned people buying phone and then returning just before 30 days!! For no apparent reason

Started using a Micromax charger that I found lying around for my redmi 1s. It is supposedly a 1000mA charger whereas on the xiaomi one it is written 2000mA. But this charger is so damn fast that it's not even funny. Can't say the same about the xiaomi charger. Wonder what's wrong with it.

Has it affected your battery drain in any way? Does the phone discharge faster etc?

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Anyone interested in a Mi4 contact me asap. Have one i my cart till 6PM
Edit. Till 6pm Feb 10th

Last edited:

bgeing

Broken In
before update i dont use much so didn't bothered. can't reset to factory settings =/

suppose if i do what data i will lose ?

You could reset while keeping the previous data, in settings > backup & reset > leave/disable the option 'Erase apps' and 'Erase store content' and press reset phone. After this if u dont find any problem leave it or you need to do full reset.

But before doing reset, I strongly suggest you to wipe the cache memory. sometimes it create conflicts between previously installed apps with updated version. If wiping cache solves ur prob I think no need for reset.

bgeing

Broken In
How to wipe cache? actually the below way I used to clear my mi3 cache, hope it is same for Redmi 1s also.

Open updater app > Menu > Reboot to Recovery
After Reboot..... in Recovery use the 'volume keys' for moving up and down.
Select Wipe Cache and then press the 'Power Button' to select the option.
Pl DO NOT DO anything else in Recovery Mode unless you know it very well.
It takes around 5-10 min, be patient during the process.

Hope you had 'backed up' before updating. Keep that safe until all probs solved.

Top Bottom