The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

I was thinking of buying mi4 16 gb for my sis but when I read the reviews on flipkart, all the buyers (certified) are only saying one thing that the device overheats a lot even with minimal use!!:shock:
Anyone who bought mi4 facing this issue?
I am not sure now wether to buy it or not....:|
I think mi4 is not a proper upgrade from mi3...

$hadow

Geek in making
Overheating has always been a problem for Mi4 may be a construction problem like xperia lineup used to have.

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
Has anyone updated their mi3 to the latest version ie. Miui 6?
How's it?
Is it worth updating or still stick with old one?

gcbeldar

In the zone
Has anyone updated their mi3 to the latest version ie. Miui 6?
How's it?
Is it worth updating or still stick with old one?

Updated a week back, so far no problem found. Very Low and No Game User. Feeling Better
Note : Struggled a lot to reset after update.

Samarth 619

Modrator @ Xbhp Biking
I was thinking of buying mi4 16 gb for my sis but when I read the reviews on flipkart, all the buyers (certified) are only saying one thing that the device overheats a lot even with minimal use!!:shock:
Anyone who bought mi4 facing this issue?
I am not sure now wether to buy it or not....:|
I think mi4 is not a proper upgrade from mi3...
Dude, you may be right about Mi4 not being a big update, but that's the culture nowadays, with mostly every company.

Regarding overheating, let me tell you that I have a Redmi 1S which I've posted a review of too, on this site.
Earlier it also used to overheat, but on software update v45, the issue is solved.

When a Rs. 6000 phone can get updates even today, I have all the reasons to believe Mi should solve your problem too by a software update. They might underclock the hardware slightly, or make some other adjustments to other internal conditions...

I would say, if you can wait, then wait. You'll know about the update status on internet. Otherwise, get it.

stay away from Xioami thats all.
Ouch! That's a kick to Mi's nuts. :D
Let's be positive... Surely, an update will roll out.

braindead

Bankaiiiii
Maybe unrelated but here it goes.

guys, i need to replace my cracked mi3 display.

Should i go for official service centres or?

Any idea about the time to replace and cost is appreciated.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
seriously, went to their service center. guy wants me to give him cellphone for 15 days to fix the shitty wifi and bluetooth problem. huge mistake chosing redmi 1s over moto e

Maybe unrelated but here it goes.

guys, i need to replace my cracked mi3 display.

Should i go for official service centres or?

Any idea about the time to replace and cost is appreciated.

Check out ebay seller allphoneunlock... he imports xiaomi products in India..... I have bought powerbank from him...
He has also listed some components too so may be you can buy display online and get it fixed from local shop...

braindead

Bankaiiiii
I went to official service centre.
6500 rs :(

The only good news is that they took an hour to replace it.
I have also bought a new bag to carry my phone around.

Ps: how is the powerbank? I am interested in it

Minion

Conversation Architect
Man i would say wow so fast they replaced your screen within 1 hrs while others take anywhere from 15 days to 3 months for replacing display.6.5k is a fair price all other manufactures will charge you half the price of phone for changing display.

Get the 10,000 Mah one.Heard good things about xiaomi powerbanks.

ashs1

Padawan
Man i would say wow so fast they replaced your screen within 1 hrs while others take anywhere from 15 days to 3 months for replacing display.6.5k is a fair price all other manufactures will charge you half the price of phone for changing display.

Get the 10,000 Mah one.Heard good things about xiaomi powerbanks.
6.5k is approximately half the price of mi3 ;)..however, still cheaper and faster than other brands..

_prabhat

Journeyman
Xiaomi launched Redmi2 and MiPad.

Redmi2 6999/-

2GB RAM and 16GB Flash version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MiPad 12,999/- without registration.

NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, 7.9" IPS display, 2GB RAM, 16GB Flash (Expandable to 128GB via microSD card), 8MP rear camera

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys currently using my mom's redmi 1s. Had couple of questions
Had got a notification asking to update software. Should I update it?
Secondly where can I have my gmail credentials added and remove my mom's gmail credentials.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys currently using my mom's redmi 1s. Had couple of questions
Had got a notification asking to update software. Should I update it?
Secondly where can I have my gmail credentials added and remove my mom's gmail credentials.
Its in the settings > accounts

u should update the latest update

ajayritik

Technomancer
One more strange thing I observed with my Redmi 1S. Whenever I lock the phone on home screen after I unlock it I everytime I have some app open like SubwaySurfer or any other thing even though that was not the last thing I used before locking.

amjath

Human Spambot
One more strange thing I observed with my Redmi 1S. Whenever I lock the phone on home screen after I unlock it I everytime I have some app open like SubwaySurfer or any other thing even though that was not the last thing I used before locking.
Clear the recent app and check

Top Bottom