The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

$hadow

Geek in making
My roomie has windows 7 which is not orignal can any one help me out as i have no idea about such things. now he want to get a product key and make his windows orignal can any one help me out with this. His window built is 7600 ultimate.

Vignesh B

Youngling
My roomie has windows 7 which is not original. Can any one help me out as I have no idea about such things. Now he wants to get a product key and make his windows original. Can any one help me out with this. His window build is 7600 ultimate.
Only one way - Buy a copy of Windows 7. Period.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My roomie has windows 7 which is not orignal can any one help me out as i have no idea about such things. now he want to get a product key and make his windows orignal can any one help me out with this. His window built is 7600 ultimate.

just choose any of the Windows 7 among these
*www.google.co.in/search?q=flipkart...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I have three partitions:
Partition 1: Windows 7 Operating System (the famous C: :lol:) 25 GB.
Partition 2: Personal Files (98 GB)
Partition 3: Ubuntu Linux (25 GB)

Can I grab some space out of the Partition 2 & append into Partition 1 without re-installing Windows?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have three partitions:
Partition 1: Windows 7 Operating System (the famous C: :lol:) 25 GB.
Partition 2: Personal Files (98 GB)
Partition 3: Ubuntu Linux (25 GB)

Can I grab some space out of the Partition 2 & append into Partition 1 without re-installing Windows?

Yes. You can "grab" any amount of empty space from a contiguous partition and add it to the respective adjacent partition. Post a screenshot of windows disk mgmt.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Capture.PNG
I didn't mention a 100 MB partition labeled "System Reserved" in my previous post. This partition was created when I installed from my OEM's copy.

Vignesh B

Youngling
View attachment 9983
I didn't mention a 100 MB partition labeled "System Reserved" in my previous post. This partition was created when I installed from my OEM's copy.
There's going to be a problem here. Since that 98GB partition is a logical partition inside an extended partition. Re-sizing it will only provide space in the extended region. In short you can't add the spaced out portion to your C drive. (At least with the built-in Disk management tool)
I don't know if 3rd party tools cn help you.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Have installed Acronis before , but few years ago. Would that work?
Haven't used Acronis before, so can't comment.
Anyway you can try out this method - Moving Space Between Partitions. It is using gpart, so you can use Ubuntu for that.
Though, I strongly advice you to take a backup of important files.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
are we free to troubleshoot here :
if not then indicate me to delete this.

Windows was temporarily unable to read your hard disk drive

the PC restarts following a BSOD and then this error (above mentioned) is displayed in the Action Centre..
the HDD i use is in my siggy, just 6 -7 months old..

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
^ Did you install or made changes to your computer before this error?
Run chkdsk to see if there's any error. Also, when you get the BSOD , do note down the error (hexadecimal number as well as the Mnemonic) & post here along with your computer information.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
ok..
will do this the next time it happens..
and will run chkdsk the next boot

yup..
but i installed avira instead of eset but that was after the BSOD thingy..

Top Bottom