The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
btw, what do you guys think , will W7 prices decrease after 26th or they will disappear and MS will force W8 on us?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
btw, what do you guys think , will W7 prices decrease after 26th or they will disappear and MS will force W8 on us?

They already started to "force".
Purchase link at Microsoft site redirects to product page at Flipkart. And Flipkart shows most of the versions of Windows 7 as Out of Stock. And then pops up a notice: "Buy a Windows 7 laptop now & upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just Rs. 699/-" in laptop section. :|

*i.imgur.com/aWaQa.jpg

nikku_hot123

In the zone
My windows experience index it's always crashing at accessing direct3d 10 assessment. Is there any solution:confused: i have all the latest drivers.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ other games,apps, vids working fine ? then don't think much about this. anayway, what cpu and gfx card do you have ( manufacturer and model name ) ?

raj1988at

Broken In
Question regarding partitions

Hello..

Ive just purchased HP Pavilion G6-2005AX laptop.. It comes with Win 7 Home Basic all the hard disk space (500 GB) allocated to C drive as shown.. Capture07-11-2012-17.22.36.jpg I want to make a partition from C drive to separate my data nd OS for any eventuality in future... I'l be using Easus Partition manager as suggested by many in forums because im afraid the inbuilt windows partition manager will create dynamic disk (ive faced it 2 times in my brothers lappie) and also because Easus seems pretty intuitive.. All im concerned is that will i be able to use the recovery disk D (im leaving it untouched) in future to restore factory seetings... ive read in some forums that messing with partitions can cause problems in restoring factory settings..

Please help me all u experts..

Tech&ME

Banned
This question has been answers many times in this forum. You should search before you ask.

Anyway,

The simple answer to your question is:
1. You will be able to use the RECOVERY disk D to restore your Computer back to Factory settings but you will loose all the partitions from your hard disk, enclosing the one you just created with eases.

2. Recovery DVD will make your laptop the same way you used your laptop the FIRST time when you purchased it.

Tech&ME

Banned
I don't think it's a legit version - so you better not talk about this in here.

the post you are replying for seems to be already moderated and deleted.

Some people just think a customized version flouting freely on the NET is the Kool thing to have, even if it contains tons of trojans and what not. noobs !!

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
naah, i deleted it later. And about custom windows... it is true . A lot of noobs think it's really cool.

mayanksharma

Ambassador of Buzz
I've been using Windows 7 hibernate feature for a long time. One day, by mistake i disabled hibernate feature from the command prompt. I've tried many work-around to re-enable it, but none of them worked. Now i am stuck with shutting down my machine, each and every time there is power cut off. Gets quite irritating after a while.
I've also tried enabling it from the safe mode and received an error saying something like "cannot enable hibernation on the machine due to the VGA driver. Kindly re-install it." I did everything but come around a solution but of waste. :(
Any help with regards to this will be greatly appreciated.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I've been using Windows 7 hibernate feature for a long time. One day, by mistake i disabled hibernate feature from the command prompt. I've tried many work-around to re-enable it, but none of them worked. Now i am stuck with shutting down my machine, each and every time there is power cut off. Gets quite irritating after a while.
I've also tried enabling it from the safe mode and received an error saying something like "cannot enable hibernation on the machine due to the VGA driver. Kindly re-install it." I did everything but come around a solution but of waste. :(
Any help with regards to this will be greatly appreciated.

Open command prompt

Type powercfg /hibernate

Press"Ctrl+shift+enter" this gives admin rights

This should enable hibernation.

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys,

Command prompt query!

In office, I always need to open command prompt with sign in as a different user. For this I've to manually shift+right click on cmd.exe and then enter username and password which leds to cmd prompt ui.
On a busy day this is really not a way to go.
So any ideas for how to open directly by one click? is this even possible?
If yes then i could develope a script for this, a direction is much appreciated

Thanks
P k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think most of us know about that - lol, that feature was introduced first with win vista - this is called Flip 3D ;-)

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
ok..
i accidently pressed the buttons like two months back,
had to try many permutations and combinations to find what caused that..
but it really looks very nice..

Top Bottom