The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
Hey guys! I'm back!
For some odd reason I cannot write on my DVD-RW using the burn folders. It says I don't have permission. I try to repair permissions in Disk Utility but doesn't help. Man is it frustrating!

yash

I draw every day
Well.. My laptop won't be working and I don't own a videocamera or a interval timer shooting thing for my dslr. So I guess ure stuck with regular photos.

And yeah, the 4th time I spoke to them, they said I'd have to pay $30 more as dutiies! WTF! I've had battery come to me from apple USA, my racquet from costco USA but never been charged anything. This external hard drive enclosure and internal drive is really costing me a bomb! Over $210 for firewire800 enclosure and 5400 rpm hdd

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Well.. My laptop won't be working and I don't own a videocamera or a interval timer shooting thing for my dslr. So I guess ure stuck with regular photos.

As long as you don't move the camera angle, just stitch the stills together in iMovie and you'll have a time lapse video.

superczar

-n00b-
Finally the wait is over... I got the the new Alu MB today :D

First impressions:
- Screen: an improvement over the old one (thinner, more uniform backlight and minimal bleed)
- The touchpad is a massive improvement over the old one, more responsive, and the (not the click) is a lot more responsive to taps
- Looks and feels much more solid than the older one
- Looks are subjective, but IMO, the old white MB looked better than this
-

yash

I draw every day
Why not just buy an external hard drive?

My photo library is 40+ gigs and counting. to be able to transfer photos From card directly to the laptop without worrying about whether you brought your external drive, or whether you transferred them to the external when you got back home... is worth the trouble of doing this operation.

As long as you don't move the camera angle, just stitch the stills together in iMovie and you'll have a time lapse video.

I tried that with another project.. but how do you change the default photo duration to less than 1 second?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Finally the wait is over... I got the the new Alu MB today :D

First impressions:
- Screen: an improvement over the old one (thinner, more uniform backlight and minimal bleed)
- The touchpad is a massive improvement over the old one, more responsive, and the (not the click) is a lot more responsive to taps
- Looks and feels much more solid than the older one
- Looks are subjective, but IMO, the old white MB looked better than this
-

Uh...Congrats on your new purchase :)

superczar

-n00b-
Damn damn damn
Guys, am in a fix

I am leaving back for India in a few hours and I just discovered a rather weird flaw in my Macbook

When I disconnect it from ac power, the battery icon switches from the charging icon to discharging battery icon for a few seconds, then switches back to the AC icon on its own (status: battery not charging, power source: Power adapter) :O

Unfortunately, I don't have the time now to go get a replacement (the nearest apple store is at least 1.5 hrs away) :(

anyone has had any experience with Apple Support in India
Even though the machine is under Intl warranty, I already suspect it will be a nightmare dealing with Apple India :'(

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Well, they were pretty good to me for my iPod earphones, replacement in 15 days, no questions asked, AT ALL.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
It should be easy. Apple's support is one the best ones.

@superczar:
I agree, the plastic MB looks better than the Alu. MB (And it's cheaper!)

Do you guys think my DVD-RW problem should be left for the Apple experts at the office or do you think I can fix it?(I bought my MBP in US and forgot to buy the AppleCare Protection Plan.!)

goobimama

 Macboy
@czar: Just call up Apple care. They will log your complaint and send the replacement part to your nearest apple center. You go there when you get the call that the part has arrived, give them your machine and at most 15 minutes later you will have your machine back.

yash

I draw every day
@cooldudie3 your problem is a software one as far as I can tell. will get back to you after a little more googling.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Damn damn damn
Guys, am in a fix

I am leaving back for India in a few hours and I just discovered a rather weird flaw in my Macbook

When I disconnect it from ac power, the battery icon switches from the charging icon to discharging battery icon for a few seconds, then switches back to the AC icon on its own (status: battery not charging, power source: Power adapter) :O

Unfortunately, I don't have the time now to go get a replacement (the nearest apple store is at least 1.5 hrs away) :(

anyone has had any experience with Apple Support in India
Even though the machine is under Intl warranty, I already suspect it will be a nightmare dealing with Apple India :'(
No, it won’t. They’re not as good as the guys in the USA, but they will fix your issues. I doubt they’ll give you a replacement though. Call AppleCare before visiting any service center.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
I made a Mac forum in (counting) in about 5 hours. Do you guys wanna try it? The link is *worldofmacs.forumotion.com/index.htm and there's everything mac there. I also need more members and a few mods. Anyone interested?

superczar

-n00b-
I just got off the phone with Apple support... given the relative complexity of the case (International DOA) it took over 1.5 hrs
After a bunch of transfers from within their Bangalore office, they finally transferred me to a L2 senior customer relationship guy in their sydney queue

The problem is either with the battery or the system itself.
I now need to go visit a Apple service provider in Chennai

They will swap the battery to confirm if it is a bettery issue (hopefully), if yes, Apple will replace the battery immediately
If it is a system issue, they will start a DOA replacement process (which may take 2 weeks though)

meanwhile, here are some pics

*img525.imageshack.us/img525/2549/img1179lj5.jpg

*img505.imageshack.us/img505/4934/img1178hy4.jpg

*img505.imageshack.us/img505/1317/img1176uh5.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom