The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

yash

I draw every day
anyone tried writing pad? the sliding typing app? its even integrated to the mail application.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
SA enjoys holiday on saturday, sunday!!
Yes, we do (unless something major happens). :)

@yash,
I tried Writing Pad a while ago but found it to be pretty useless. The only decent way of taking notes on the iPhone would be if Apple integrated it with the Notes in Mail.app and added “push” synchronisation to the whole thing via MobileMe.

goobimama

 Macboy
Not sure about Writing Pad, but Writeroom is pretty neat. Its the only app I know which has a horizontal keyboard, and for some reason the keyboard is surprisingly… smooth.

I'm however an extensive user of Things, and I use the notes taking feature from there itself. However, Apple needs to synchronise the Notes feature with the one in mail, if not by push then at least via sync.

Guys. Please don't kill me!

MobileMe Family pack for $90 on ebay. :(

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Nice to know :) Well actually I have two idiots from my end as well to fill the list. Of course, the family members get first preference as to whether to want to continue (I think Preshit might bail out considering that he has stopped using the @me account)

Why would I bail out? I just don't use the @me Email account. All other features have been configured just the way I want them to be.

Aha. If you rumble through these pages, you will find that Preshit also had a similar issue back when we first went 2.0. Maybe his problem has been solved by now? Ask him if you would. Otherwise, I don't know how it is you boys aren't getting it while dear old Milind who doesn't even use EDGE gets it in all its glory.

Same reason what Tanmay mentioned. Settings are already there in the system, so that doesn't show up.

goobimama

 Macboy
Ah good. That's nice to know. Now I wish Apple will release MobileMe 2.0 by June next year so we have double excuse to continue MobileMe!

dearkumar

Broken In
after using windows since 1998 I want to taste MAC . so I want to buy an APPLE macbook . but how/ where to go whom to ask for it I dont know . I heard there is only 1 iStore here in India and that is in Blr . but I am in mumbai . so what to do ?

goobimama

 Macboy
after using windows since 1998 I want to taste MAC . so I want to buy an APPLE macbook . but how/ where to go whom to ask for it I dont know . I heard there is only 1 iStore here in India and that is in Blr . but I am in mumbai . so what to do ?
Haha! There's loads of Apple Stores all over India man. Sure, not as many as your PC wallas, but a decent number. Goa itself has two of them!

Only two?Delhi has a dozen of em!
BTW any one tried spore on mac or iPhone?Is NFS undercover coming on mac?
2600 Pro is a decent card.Tried out spiderman 3, works fine without AA.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You’ve come to the right place. Preshit is the resident Apple and Mumbai expert.

yash

I draw every day
I shouldn't be doing this now.. i am sitting in the awesome digital painting class. and even on 1.83 ghz intel core duo mac with 2 gig ram, photoshop is running awesomely fasst! the internet is at like 2megaBYTES per second+ but my stupid kingston USB drive is ****ING SLOW for data transfer!

goobimama

 Macboy
There's one Reliance iStore near the Mahalaxmi temple in (somewhere near that big grey market)...where was that. Then there's the Imagine store at Inorbit malad, as well as...aurora mall? Hmm. I though have thought about this better before starting to give all kinds of wrong directions.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Don’t trust anything Milind says about Mumbai. He has absolutely no clue. We spent four hours searching for the Reliance iStore and finally gave up.

goobimama

 Macboy
Push email was never my want for MobileMe. I want its syncing features, the excellent web interface, iDisk storage, and all that. Also all my keychain, system prefs and dashboard items are all safe up on the cloud so I don't have to worry about all that if my hard drive crashes (in addition to Time Machine of course).

And MobileMe isn't down. Was working on it full day today. And it hasn't been down in a long time now. And push works amazingly well. Here's waiting for Snow Leopard so we don't have to wait for sync on our Macs…

Top Bottom