The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
In no order of importance, here goes:

1) You still have the default adobe icons?
2) I'm using the Black safari icon which I found in that link the Doc gave earlier. Really nice
3) You aren't using the dock stack icons made by that japanese guy? Those are really nice.
4) What's that RAR BETA?
5) I don't like the dock cause it doesn't have the reflectiveness of the new leopard dock.
6) Mind if I use your desktop wallpaper? And even if you don't, I'm far away so you can't really do anything.
7) Okay how, oh how, were we supposed to know that? (regarding the greedy torrent icon). It's a nice one though :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Goobi mentioned you use Greedy torrent. I had a doubt that it should be Greedy torrent but I wasn't sure.

Aayush -
I don't cheat like this man! For me uTorrent is more than enough. I remove the tracker URL and once completed I seed. :twisted: But this is only for the 20-25% of the times I cheat.

By the way guys, you know Clocked Wallies for Mac OS X?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
1) You still have the default adobe icons?
I never really found a good replacement set. That Adam Betts' one did not really impress me. I'm not too big on the whole icon replacement thing either. I am open to suggestions though.

goobimama said:
2) I'm using the Black safari icon which I found in that link the Doc gave earlier. Really nice
Yes, it is but it is not 512x512.

goobimama said:
3) You aren't using the dock stack icons made by that japanese guy? Those are really nice.
Well, I have a blue Dock and those are grey so...

goobimama said:
4) What's that RAR BETA?
RAR Expander.

goobimama said:
5) I don't like the dock cause it doesn't have the reflectiveness of the new leopard dock.
Yeah, I hate that too but it goes in with the current "theme". I'll keep changing it.

goobimama said:
6) Mind if I use your desktop wallpaper? And even if you don't, I'm far away so you can't really do anything.
LOL! Do you know where to find it? (Hint: Click on that screenshot thumbnail I'd posted.) :)

goobimama said:
7) Okay how, oh how, were we supposed to know that? (regarding the greedy torrent icon).
You weren't. I just wanted to draw attention to my lovely icon selection. :p

drgrudge said:
Aayush -
I don't cheat like this man! For me uTorrent is more than enough. I remove the tracker URL and once completed I seed. :twisted: But this is only for the 20-25% of the times I cheat.
Let's just say I cheat a bit more than that... :p

Gotta do that if you want to maintain 30 GCreds on TVTorrents and a good ratio on TorrentLeech. :D

drgrudge said:
By the way guys, you know Clocked Wallies for Mac OS X?
No, I don't and apparently, neither does Google.

Last edited:

drgrudge

You should use greedy utorrent. There's a uTorrent mod for it. Let's stop it here. It's not ethical to discuss abt this.

I meant wallies which have dynamic clocks. :p Here's the links:
*www.vladstudio.com/wallpaperclock/
*www.chatelp.org/?page_id=6

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
aryayush said:
Don't you still have build 9A499?

Yeah :-( i am not getting mac dealers in my location and the whole download issue i really avoid plus my IBookG4 is not having intel processor :( :confused:

goobimama

 Macboy
Dude. Leopard is a universal release. Install it on Intel/PowerPC/32bit/64bit. It's the same Leopard.

@aayush: Was already using it when I asked for permission. I figured you wouldn't have a problem.

You should use greedy utorrent. There's a uTorrent mod for it. Let's stop it here. It's not ethical to discuss abt this.
Doesn't he already?

drgrudge

^^
It's not greedy uTorrent. I meant "greedy" uTorrent.

No need to use Greedy Torrent. There's a uTorrent Mod (which I won't mention/link to) which does what this Greedy Torrent does. It's not ethical and I don't want to discuss about cheating trackers any longer.

Last edited:

drgrudge

^^
Not sure. I don't use all these type of cheating tracker methods.

By the way, a new VLC player version is released. With some good fixes (notably better H.264 handling, Apple remote compatibility for Leopard).

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Trust me on this one, Ashwin. The method I use works like a charm. :D

(And yes, let up put a cork on this discussion.)

spironox said:
Yeah :-( i am not getting mac dealers in my location and the whole download issue i really avoid plus my IBookG4 is not having intel processor :( :confused:
I figured this would be the problem. You cannot update the developer preview build you have. You have to upgrade to the retail version. :)

goobimama said:
@aayush: Was already using it when I asked for permission. I figured you wouldn't have a problem.
Yeah, why would I! :)

Heh, heh! Check this out, guys:

*tn3-2.deviantart.com/fs24/300W/i/2007/336/a/6/Sticky_Desktop_by_aryayush.png​

There's a tiny change. Though I did not use any of the tools Ashwin mentioned, I found a pretty nifty utility that does what I wanted it to do. I highly recommend it. :)

drgrudge

^^
Hehe.. that's cool. My Desktop is covered with BS, so no point in these clocks. Gotta find a way to steer clear of the mess.

My XP desktop was like this:
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1025/1457060764_8df648f6cd.jpg

Gotta to something with my Mac.

goobimama

 Macboy
I like those Wall Clocks. I've got a christmas one set on my desktop. Only thing is the menubar is still showing the desktop of the earlier wallpaper so it looks a bit odd... I guess the software has not been updated for Leopard...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it hasn't but there is a pretty easy workaround.

Just hit ⌘⇧4 + the spacebar, make sure the cursor camera is over the Desktop background and hit the mouse button once. It will capture just the background image. Now apply it as the Desktop background. Pretty simple.

You're welcome. :)

getpriyanth

Broken In
Hi friends,

I am Priyanth. I am new to this forum...... i just went through some of the discussions made here... they were pretty informative. I am even new to MAC. I bought MACBOOK before 3months and i am friend of Aayush.

I have recently started using MAIL for my GMAIL using imap. But i have never used it on my college network. When i tried using MAIL in college i am getting the following error msg

"There may be a problem with the mail server or network. Check the settings for account "IMAP Account" or try again.

The server error encountered was: The server " imap.gmail.com" cannot be contacted on port 993."

But i tried checking the settings, they are fine....is something wrong with the network??? but outlook of others is working fine.

One more problem is ......when ever i copy pictures from my cam.... they are automatically flipping themselves and even if i try using editing tools in iPreview they are not getting back in to the original way of displaying. I am not able to upload them in any of the sites as it gets flipped!!!!

What should i do? Thanks a toon

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ You need to download the wall clocks application. It's right there on the vladstudio site in the right had sidebar. The mac version is free.

Or you could click this link: *www.vladstudio.com/wallpaperclock/software.php?download=osx

Also, are you importing your pictures into iPhoto? Cause that has some flipping tools as well as direct upload to Flickr plugin (in fact, much better than the flickr's uploader)

Last edited:

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Hello MAC boys... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif

is there any way to run .EXE files on MAC OSes ?? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif

Is there any emulators which does the work ?

drgrudge

Gigacore said:
Hello MAC boys... *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/4.gif

is there any way to run .EXE files on MAC OSes ?? *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif

Is there any emulators which does the work ?
I'm not a veteran Mac user and I'm not sure what's the intension of running .exe (are they apps or viruses).

There are many ways to run if you must:

1. Parallels, VMFusionware or Q Emulator (OSS) <-- these 3 makes u run Windows 'inside' OS X.

2. Crossover (for Mac) <-- Install Windows Apps in OS X

3. Wine HQ (OSS) <-- Think of Wine as a compatibility layer for running Windows programs. Wine runs implementation of the Windows API consisting of 100% non-Microsoft code, however Wine can optionally use native Windows DLLs if they are available.

4. Special apps for specific Windows apps <-- for eg. Running IE on OS X, etc..

5. Boot Camp <-- if you want to disgrace your Mac by running Windows. Oh yeah, Apple MacBook Pro is the fastest laptop that can run Windows Vista.

Not sure if there are other methods around...

Top Bottom