The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

yash

I draw every day
I updated too. But there's this problem I started facing since 10.5.4 with lightroom. its that whenever I click on the lightroom icon, spaces won't change to the space with lightroom in it. I have to manually go to that space to resume using lightroom. And that's still not fixed. any lightroom user on the board?

And I solved my itunes problem by pausing the HD download, and letting the SD download run for a while. Pause it again and Then I resume the HD download. This way, I get both the episodes. For those not reading my tweets last night, After I resumed the HD download, it started from the beginning. Because in the itunes Music>Downloads folder the temporary download.mp4 file was not created for the HD file.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I’ve written about this problem and two potential solutions on MacUser today. Check ’em out at 10:00 AM PT (you might also find someone very close to you mentioned). :)

And I’ve updated to 10.5.5. Smooth as butter. Not noticing anything changed though. I guess everything is in the “under the hood” category, as usual. The iPhone 2.1 update, on the other hand, though mostly under the hood, is very noticeable.

dinesh72

Journeyman
Just noticed that i can not change video kind in itunes 8. it doesn't give that option anywhere. SCI podcast is shown up in movies and i can not change it to show up in podcast either.

goobimama

 Macboy
Actually the Get Info panel has been enhanced (and improved) a great bit. The Video Kind option is now in the "Options" tab. Moveover, you can now set video kind for multiple video files. I've written a great deal about this in our iTunes review at SA.

As for setting it as a Podcast, that is just not possible. The podcast technology is based on RSS, and not just video.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If only Apple could get their act together, the podcast should show up on the iTunes Store sometime soon.

goobimama

 Macboy
Sorry guys. We're getting hammered with a huge amount of traffic from Mac Daily News (they carried my Keynote post). So the server isn't handling it very well. Without giving out much here, let's just say the issue will be fixed soon enough.

Do refresh the page though, you should get through (I am, right now).

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Man the latest version of VLC crashes like hell, it is extremely buggy!!

*img232.imageshack.us/img232/4426/vlcwj1.jpg

Why is the comment section of VLC update post on SA closed ?

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
I've used VLC on my Mac from the time I got Mac which is around 10-11 months and it never crashed for once but the moment I upgraded it has crashed like dozen times. But VLC is great media player, that plays all the formats without requiring any codecs and its also light weight. Hopefully they will soon do something about it

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
^^LOL
How can you guys LIVE with MobileMe with such problems?!

Don't you read like the best apple blog around? Smokingapples.com? They've got all of this covered and more! :D
As I said, I am on a rest and I am unable to read too much email and www.smokingapples.com
I read the post about the VirtualBox thing. Has anyone tried it and is it working well? I haven't used Linux before and I would like to try without leaving my mac. Or will VMWare or Parallels work better?

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
MobileMe is not at all bad. On rare occasions the web interface doesn't show emails, but the desktop and iPhone clients work really well (pushing all that stuff around). Besides, its not just about email. I love how my bookmarks are pushed across all my computers. I can check something on the PC, and if I bookmark it and walk across to my Mac, its there!

I'm also an extensive iDisk/Photos/Contacts user, and it has served me well in those areas.

-----

As for VirtualBox, I haven't tried it yet. I will however (maybe) do a review of it and see how it works. However, I have read reports of it working for people just as well as Parallels or Fusion, so it should be cool.

Top Bottom