The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Guys. I was nicely fiddling around with my iPhone (iPhone here = Apple iPhone). Suddenly I had to look up when someone walked in. Everything was blurry! Must have been staring at the holy grail for a little too long. Damn this thing is addictive!

goobimama

 Macboy
I love showing off with this thing! Just a month ago all these folkses were showing me their N98s and W890is. Now I just casually slip the phone out and keep it on the table. "WTF!" From that point on no other phone is seen around. Not even if the Pope calls. :)

(So much blasphemy. I'm sure I'm going to be punished for this)

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
^^ Damn, that almost too realistic to be allowed.

@goobi, no N98, not yet anyway. And yeah, an iPhone has that effect on people. The endless stream of reviews, pictures and videos could not prepare me for the first time I used one.

*img137.imageshack.us/img137/1807/imag0003mr5.jpg
By mAV3

Super ouch. Tho the pic is really blurry, and I can't really make out anything.

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hmm guys here use Holy grail !! Well, release iPhone in India officially and it won't be that anymore. I am pretty much sure with in half a month of release its gonna touch 1Million mark. I don't understand why Steve Jobs underestimates Indian Mobile market. Macs and iPhones are totally different in terms of consumer demands, while Macs may not attract folks, iPhone, I bet will create history!!

P.S
In my town N95s and N81s are pretty common, so iPhones got a huge potential anywhere else

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Wow! That looks awesome! Does the guruji mind letting out a few details? Or is it a trade secret?
It is, but I don't mind letting you guys in on it. The previous one is the Stickers theme and the next one is WoodenREALIZE. Both the themes are for Customize 2 beta.

what's isnake like?
Though it is fun to play it with the help of the accelerometer, it definitely would be more efficient if played using physical buttons.

Guys. I was nicely fiddling around with my iPhone (iPhone here = Apple iPhone). Suddenly I had to look up when someone walked in. Everything was blurry! Must have been staring at the holy grail for a little too long. Damn this thing is addictive!
Tell me about it. I haven't gotten any work done ever since I bought this damned thing! I'm actually quite pissed, though more at my being easily distracted than the phone itself.

Applications and games I recommend:
4Balls – Two player game where you have to arrange four balls together.
Apollo – IM client which supports AIM and MSN.
AppFlow – Browse your applications in Cover Flow mode.
Capture – Screenshot utility.
Converter – Units converter.
Flashlight – Useful if you don't have a matchstick and are stuck in the dark.
Hockey – Two player Air Hockey game that is just plain cool.
iCopter – Simple, addictive game.
iCube – Rubik's cube.
iDial – Go back to the days of classic telephony.
iSnake – Classic snake games gets accelerometer friendly.
Labyrinth – Do I need to describe it?
PenguinPanic – Another accelerometer based side scrolling game.
Pysl – Call/SMS filtering, among other things.
Ringtones – Make ringtones out of the songs on your iPhone.
Touchpad – Use your iPhone screen like a trackpad for Macs and PCs.
Wallpaper – Great way to discover awesome new wallpapers.
weDict – Best dictionary application for the iPhone; boasts of a plugin architecture.

----------------

A must read article:
Five Obvious Mistakes and How Apple Made them Work -Chris Seibold, Apple Matters

goobimama

 Macboy
I apologise for being an iPhone spammer, posting useless musings of this beautiful gadget. But here's something that might have slipped past you. Ever seen the spiffy little animation that follows after you move an email from say, trash to inbox? Try it out. Not the greatest thing since the Small Cat, but still, it's similar to that trash rattling :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! That's so freaking cool. :D

All iPhone/iPod touch users here should pay a visit to *iphone.typingweb.com/ and complete their tests. They really do get you up to speed on the iPhone keyboard.

A review of the absolutely marvelous keyboard coming up soon.

goobimama

 Macboy
You actually don't need to add the iphone. to the URL, it goes directly. I didn't, however, like the test cause you can't put a full stop with a double spacebar which totally puts you off your game. Nice interface though.

legolas

Padawan
A must read article:
Five Obvious Mistakes and How Apple Made them Work -Chris Seibold, Apple Matters
ha ha ha... friggin'funny! :D
But where everything is hard to do on most phones, everything is easy to do on the iPhone. The contract is easy to understand, mail is easy to send, the internet is easy to browse, and it is very easy to take crappy pictures with the iPhone

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I would appreciate it if you guys read about the BarCamp trip to Mumbai, Goa and Pune and let me know what you think of it (on the blog, not here). :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
okay its time for non iphone users to take a lil break!!! The iPhone folks are creating a havoc, we can only imagine what they are talking!!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
We're still open to Mac related discussions, such you have any questions/problems/interesting tidbits to share. Remember, the iPhone is just the temporary mistress; our true love is still Mac OS X and Macs. :)

My iPhone crapped out yesterday. Installer was crashing all the time, so I rebooted it, only to be stuck in a reboot cycle. I'm now going to jailbreak and unlock it using the PwnageTool. Let's see whether it works out any better this time round. This is fun. :D

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Fun? Having a device crash, get stuck in a rebooting loop, and having to redo everything you did is fun?

Funny how it doesn't seem like fun when it happens on Windows..... no, no... there it is an irrevocably obvious sign of how sucky Windows is.

If the iPhone crashes, you suddenly burst my bubble.

Top Bottom