The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Yes, it is. He's over the moon about it. He couldn't even believe that an audio chat was possible in India over the Internet.

You should've seen the look on his face when we had a video conference. :lol:

Mossberg just kidding about that whole "3G iPhone in 60 days" thing
Mossberg Takes Back 3G iPhone in 60 Days Quote
SAI: Walt Mossberg has no clue when the iPhone 3G will ship

I told you so.

I hope this serves as a reminder for the future. Almost every rumour about Apple is generally based on anonymous tipsters (who might or might not exist) and false assumptions and hardly any of them ever turn out to be true. When even someone as famous as Walt Mossberg can so publicly lie about something Apple is about to do, how hard is it for some unknown entity to spread false rumours? You've already seen how these rumour sites jump on every single hint of a rumour.

What basis do any of you have to trust these stupid rumours? None at all.

I hope this will put a stop to you guys believing all the crap that is published in the media about what Apple is about to do in the future. Barring Steve Jobs, a few of his closest minions and select people from the media (who're always under strict NDAs, mind you, and would never violate them), no one gets to know what Apple is doing and which product they are about to release in future. Apart from the rare leaks that happen sometimes, usually only a day or two before the official announcement, almost every rumour about Apple turns out to be untrue.

I'd written about this Apple rumour phenomenon in detail on Apple Matters. Feel free to give it a once over if you're so inclined. :)

I see your point, but speculation is Geek food. Can't expect us to stop, can you? Another one of my favourite forums actually has an entire section on speculation!

yash

I draw every day
oh! god! I thought jamesbond was supposed to be intelligent. the question about a @mac.com username and a .mac account has been discussed so many times here before. you don't have to pay anything to get a @mac.com id to use on the apple discussion forums or ichat. but a .mac account has to be paid for. that involves web hosting, email, and back to my mac services...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Mossberg just kidding about that whole "3G iPhone in 60 days" thing
Mossberg Takes Back 3G iPhone in 60 Days Quote
SAI: Walt Mossberg has no clue when the iPhone 3G will ship
i read this morning was gonna post it but then reminded me of my erarlier post and was expecting u would do this :) however whats the fun if there are no speculations, the momentary grief of spending 27k :D

in other news, my cousin who bought an iphone has learnt the lesson the hard way - he dropped his iphone the result - a broken screen, though it makes no difference he can buy a new 1 whenever he wants to but now iv got his eyes set on the nokia n800

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
There's some issue with the iTunes updater and it's not donloading the thing for some reason.

Here's the error message:
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3118/2401493214_d4eeb56344_o.png

P.S: The internet connection is fine.

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh. So this Twitter for iPhone thing is a new thing eh! Little did I know. Browsing my way through the installer app I found this twitter thing. And I remember Preshit had mentioned that Twitter wasn't there for iPhone.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
how did you and Milind have Video conference ?? I know you've used iChat but with what account ?? I am dying to experience that thing!!
iChat supports three protocols: AIM (.Mac), Jabber (Google Talk) and Bonjour. As long as the other person has iChat too, and both of you have a decent Internet connection, you can have a video chat with him using any of the supported protocols. In other words, you can have a video chat using iChat with only your Mac using buddies.

And what does this supposed to mean iChat/AIM: aryayush@mac.com Is that a .mac account ?? I thought you denied having it!!
I denied paying for it, yes, but I never denied having it. Once you create a .Mac account, you get a free trial of sixty days. If you don't pay to have it continued, all the cool things such as email, back to my Mac, sunchronisation, etc. expire after said period, but you get to keep the registered .Mac handle for free to use for iChatting up your buddies. Get it? :)

my cousin who bought an iphone has learnt the lesson the hard way - he dropped his iphone the result - a broken screen
Pic(s) or it didn't happen. :p

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
LOL!! Intelligent people CANNOT breathe without google!!

@aryayush
Thanks, I thought after 60 days video chatting with .mac also expires

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This is one of the hardest levels of Labyrinth. Yash had asked for a screenshot.

*img181.imageshack.us/img181/2658/img00022km4.jpg

This is what my home screen looked like yesterday:

*img139.imageshack.us/img139/2690/img0001xl5.jpg

And this is what it looks like today:

*img179.imageshack.us/img179/7318/img0002lx5.jpg

Pretty neat, huh? 8)

Top Bottom