The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Re: Macworld Conference and Expo 2008

just kidding, i've been following it for quite some time now... :)

aku

Gonna make it BiG

MacBook Air... goddd... i knew it... the present genetration MacBooks have just been officialy pushed one step closer to oblivion.. :(

Yeah... this Audium guys were the one to bring out this spoiler...

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot

So friggin slim.
*cache.gizmodo.com/assets/macworld08/macworld08389.jpg

v_joy

Journeyman

i cant be lieve there is no optical drive in macbook air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" There is no optical drive. You can buy an optional super-drive for $99. Steve thinks people won't need a drive. Don't need them for movies because of itunes. You can use an iPod for music, for Backups you can use TimeMachine. You can also install software wirelessly. There is something called Remote disk, when you go to the finder in the Macbook Air you will have easy sharing with other macs via CD sharing. "

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

So friggin slim.
*cache.gizmodo.com/assets/macworld08/macworld08389.jpg
WTF!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/28a.gif .. tell me those are papers*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/28a.gif

aku

Gonna make it BiG

can anyone guess the moolah needed to be farmed for this magazine... nooo.. i mean this stack of paper... ohh mah bad.. this note.... errr.... AirBook?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

its over and the thing with 80gb hdd and no dvd drive sots a nuke bomb - 18 freaking hundred dollars :shock:

aku

Gonna make it BiG

goood freaggin holy lord (i know its a bit of 'over'-expressed expression ;)).... i mean.. thats really expensive...

can anyone tell me whats the ting with all those 'simpson's' movie dvd, office dvd and the backup dvd???

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall

its over and the thing with 80gb hdd and no dvd drive sots a nuke bomb - 18 freaking hundred dollars :shock:
Don't see that as a notebook. Some people might want to buy. Last year in Gitex, Dubai; people were flocking to buy the new Toshiba 12" screen thing. It costs around Dhs 9500+. Macbook Pro costs Dhs 8800+. It's not that expensive.

Before some fly goes into mouth, check this:
*www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/store...Id=8198552921644507782&parentCategoryId=16154

3700 fu*cking dollars. Specs wise and performance wise (Steve claims so) it pwns Sony TZ "Overpriced" cr@pbook. I wouldn't imagine spending $3700 and run Vista! More torture than rubbing salt in your wound.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot

Man the macbook air is awesome.. It's even got multitouch. Also the external super drive can b powered by usb.

aku

Gonna make it BiG

^sad but true...
thanx for openin our eyes doc... and i genuinely mean it... i'm not being saaci :)