The official IPL Thread

Official IPL Poll: Whom Are You Supporting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Re: ::The official IPL Thread::

Dhirubhai ka sapna, IPL ka cup apna. :)

That should be the slogan of Mumbai Indians. :p

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

But you must remember only 4 four foreign players can make it to the playing 11.So lot depends on the local players.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

I didn't really like the team-name Mumbai Indians. Its like naming non-Indians as Indians and disrespecting their nationality.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

You know what I feel about Indian sports...

Cricket is like religion in India, it is played in each and every part of India but are we best at it??....NO

Its due to cricket that each and every sport is being neglected in India...especially our National Sport Hockey.

And I should say that we must take a small initiative of watching indian hockey and football in stadiums so that the players also feel motivated. Personally, I had gone to watch the Nehru Cup last year.

Look at Australia. Cricket isn't too famous there and still they're consistent & good in the international arena. (PS: Don't say that they're cheaters. I admit they are but we need to also accept that they also play equally good.)

I would like to also ask one question.....How many of you play hockey regularly??........probably no-one......

We must try to give equal attention to other sports too as they're also equally important.

I'm not saying that stop watching cricket, I'm saying do watch cricket but also watch and play other sports........At least it would help improving the sport status of India.......

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

^^^thts a noble thought..but can we really forbid ourselves to the tv sets when sachin,dada or dravid scores a century????
i am a huge fan of indan hockey and football..we know everyone here follows the epl..but how many of us actually follow the I-league..the indian nfl...i myself am a supporter of east bengal...do u guys by any chance know that east bengal has recently defeated two foreign teams in the afc cup and that too their own backyard..now they r strong contenders to go the quarters..east bengal was also the only indian club to ever break into the asian top five clubs..winning the asean cup and going into the afc semis..is a dream cum tru for indian football..but noun cares..

and why should they..we have cricket to worry about..and so many other distractions...an olympic bronze is enough to send the whole country into shivers of joy...and if its a silver...we replace him as god and then in the next olympic...hes no more....as much as the government is to blame we ourselves are to be blamed the same..if evryun cared,evn the gov would have..and then mayb we wud have been a world power..

Last edited:

hey guys,
just saw a new IPL ad on TV.
It goes like "Kab aayega Mano aur Ranjan ka baap"?? hehehehe...
and then it says...
"Aa gaya IPL...ManoRajan ka baap"....lol...Damn funny ad..
It wus be nice is anyone of u can rip this ad from DishTv or TataSky and upload it somewhere..

2kewl

Sangeet Premi

^^ It's on Youtube :D

Check out the IPL spoof Tees here, Guys. They are awesome, especially the one on Knight Riders :lol: Very cheap as well...149/- shipped.

*www.bigadda.com/cricfest/index.php

Last edited:

2kewl

Sangeet Premi

Jaiput, Mohali, Kolkata, Bangalore tickets available on futurebazaar now. Mohali tickets start as low as Rs.50!

*www.futurebazaar.com/b2c_futurebazaar/catalog/FB_Images/campaignPage.jsp?campaignPage=iplhome

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

Hi guys......
I'm going for the first match between Bangalore and Kolkata. Plz clarify me the
the followings:

1)When is the opening ceremony, 17th or 18th. What time??

2) Which team out of the two has more chance to win the game , I'll support that team only. :)

3)Plz suggest some catchy slogans, so that I can be on TV!!!

Thnxx

gaurav_indian

CG Artist

Hi guys......
I'm going for the first match between Bangalore and Kolkata. Plz clarify me the
the followings:

1)When is the opening ceremony, 17th or 18th. What time??

2) Which team out of the two has more chance to win the game , I'll support that team only. :)

3)Plz suggest some catchy slogans, so that I can be on TV!!!

Thnxx
1) opening ceremony is on 18th.

2) I think we will know that after the first match.:)

3) I have yolkes not brains(quote by great eggman) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom