The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The other one
Re: First review iPhone = iUseless

jainshubhanyu said:
a default Vista Install takes 12 GB.

It takes 8-9 gigs for me . The extra GB's must be some 'stuff' you hid on that drive and forgot. ;)

iMav said:
yup my fone enables me to not to forget my belt

you have 'Re-invented' the idea for not forgetting your belt. :D I call that innovation.

Last edited:

jainshubhanyu

Broken In

escape7 said:
Off Topic:

Dude not to be rude but its not necessary that if one does not post he needn't be visiting the website....

You are cent per cent right ... I visit the site, but post rarely ... :)

Well, I was going by my experience, and I do not know wht this happened that Vista RTM used 8.5 for me, and the retail Ultimate uses 12 on my HDD... just a fact for my computer...wierd! And no, not extra stuff. I am taking of the formatted hard disk, where i shows how much space it will take after setup (during installation) and then after install, it does take that much on my comp.... :(

Plus, as an Ultimate Extra for me, it continuously eats the space the more I use it....after 3 months I have 50% reduction in space free... and that is when I regularly do a cleanup ...

I do not mean to hurt anyone, just I want to see a discussion, not flame wars!! :D

Am not a Macboy, in the sense that I am not obsessed. It is just that I love the experience. It is right that the iPhone with all its glaring omissions is a real no-buy...in fact, it may be a revolutionary way to sell outdated crap. But just that some may like it, so we do not need to flame them.

And yes, I like it too, but only the exteriors - I hate the interiors - someone correctly said, a Nokia 6600 does better!

goobimama

 Macboy

Holy sheet! I've been out two hours and look what a thrashing I got! I agree its a bit fanboyistic, but common, look at my usertitle whatever. It reads Macboy. Surely that should speak for something!

Anyway, I speak for myself. I don't use mp3 ringtones, or polyphonic. Surely the the vast majority likes to use m3 ringtones....but I am thankful that the iPhone does not have this feature, cause then that vast majority (or minority) would not be able to bug me. That's my logic and I hope its not interpreted otherwise...

Anyway, what were you'll hyped up about in the first place? They never mentioned it would do MMS. They never said that you could use m3 ringtones. It does all that it was supposed to do which is amazing by itself. And battery life. That's a big one.

Grapes are not sour on my end, they are in fact my favourite fruit.

Last edited:

jainshubhanyu

Broken In

iPhone is, thinking about it, Apple at its best. Some hate it (the brand, Apple) with reserved appreciation, while others worship it. At the core, it (Apple) was, and will be, user-convenience oriented.

Jobs may be thinking of Vertu when he contemplated iPhone ...

Vertu is not substance. It is style. iPhone, too, is style at the pinnacle. Designed to be intuitive rather than complex feature-rich code box.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ user convinience .... :lol: been some time since i heard a joke ... an OS that doesnt have the cut option a phone tht doesnt have the cut copy option thts user convinience wow ... what kinda uses find it convinient :?

@ goobi :apple never said it would do that but cellphones do tht ... so when apple comes up with a cell phone it is assumed it should do that but unfortunately jobs and his genius business skills which are no where close donald trump thinnks that they arent required and hence the shock

goobimama

 Macboy

This guy and his cut option.

Anyway, I was going through some reviews just about now and there seems to be nothing much to complain about other than AT&T's crappy EDGE network.

And as for GX and iMav bashing it, they were waiting to do this since it was announced. There's no denying that however great it may have been (it still it to me), gx would find a way to bash it. And he has.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

goobimama said:
They never mentioned it would do MMS. They never said that you could use m3 ringtones. It does all that it was supposed to do which is amazing by itself.

Its a mobile phone, which Mobile phone doesn't supports setting mp3 as ringtone? (provided that it supports mp3), which Mobile phone out there doesn't support MMS? Even those monochrome Reliance phone support MMS to some extent.

It does all that it is supposed to do? Are it does nothing what a phone is supposed to do. Do u expect a user to carry a digicam everywhere he goes? Mobile Phone today are swiss knifes indeed. They do everything & people buy them cos they are small & they are with the users almost all the time.

And as for GX and iMav bashing it, they were waiting to do this since it was announced. There's no denying that however great it may have been (it still it to me), gx would find a way to bash it. And he has.

Did I found any wrong reason? I am not bashing any PMP capabilities of iPhone. You may check the thread starting from January. Never ever I have bashed iPhone's iPod capabilities. I have always bashed its Phone capability.

assasin

Banned

goobimama said:
They never mentioned it would do MMS. They never said that you could use m3 ringtones. It does all that it was supposed to do which is amazing by itself. And battery life. That's a big one.

when a phone in the price bracket of the iphone is launched its supposed to hav all the features of the coomon regular phones plus xtra capabilities.
show me a cam phone other than iphone which doesnt support video recording.2day all manufacturers r improving the quality of video recorded by a mobile and iphone doesnt even hav that feature.
all phones which support mp3 has the option of using mp3 as ringtones.
show me a smartphone which doesnt hav cut,copy and paste option other than iphone.
i think Jobs and his team dont hav or cant develop the code for including the 'cut' option.:D :D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

So far, I can say one thing. The iPhone has a very good exterior but a pathetic interior.

Touch screen & so big screen are good, but no keyboard is bad. HTC devices have similar big screens running at resolution higher then iPhone while they still have a slide out keyboard. At least one thing Apple could have done is that on rotating iPhone in landscape mode, it also rotates the keyboard in landscape mode.

The exterior is also flawed. No Video recording with a phone with such high CPU power & 2 MP Camera, its just a waste. iPhone with this much processing power can easily record videos at 640X480 at 30 fps.

Basic features which thousand of people need & demand are not included. Ok, 100 people don't use MMS, but 10000 rest of the people do use it. iPhone will not appeal to them. Who cares if Apple might add this feature vis a software update in 5 months.

iPhone will prevail as a PMP but not a Phone. It would have been better if Apple would have removed the phone features leaving a full screen touch UI based iPod video.

Apple should outsource the iPhone OS to Microsoft. Let Apple make the hardware & UI, but let Microsoft make & add the OS & software for iPhone.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
+1 here. You cannot justify the drawbacks. In today era....people see mobile phone as a Swiss Knife. Its not a phone anymore.....people liketo see it feature packed.

1. You should be able to make calls
2. Send Messages
3. Surf Websites
4. Check Mail
5. Listen to Music
6. Carry data like Pendrive
7. Use it as a camera
8. Read Documents
9. Calender and Event Manger and tons more

Heck, research is already going for Mobile Money
:p

I will just quote myself. :p All i want to tell Macboys is that, whethere you use it or not.....people have taken Mp3 Ringtones, MMS, Video Recording for granted. Thats just Standard for almost any phone above 5K :)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

El Jobso as always has created the iHype using iPhone & even got AT&T to release an all new iPlan, with new features like iGestures to work on the screen using iTouching it.

It has no MMS, but it has iE-Mail.

It cannot do GPS but it has iMap.
It cannot install application but it has iWeb 2.0 iApps based on iAJAX.
It supports yahoo iPush mail, but no iM or iChat.
It will not record iVideos but supports YouBoom.
It has an iPod inside with a single ear iBluetooth iHeadset while having no support for a iBluetooth A2DP set normal headphone. 2 earphones are very complex for users, why give them a feature if they won't use it, thats why iPhone comes with only one ear iHandsfree.

:D:D

techbliss

Right off the assembly line

And here comes the iNoPhone

*img519.imageshack.us/img519/6876/1260tvu5.jpg

iamtheone

Journeyman

gx_saurav said:
So far, I can say one thing. The iPhone has a very good exterior but a pathetic interior. [/B]

absolutely!!! no doubt the iphone IS the sexiest phone ever went into production but 35k for only looke(yea yea i know that has been repeated a hundred tyms already)and the majority of ppl who r going to buy it are the ones with money trees in their backyard but the brains the size of peanuts(ok thats an exageration:rolleyes: i wud love to be one of those),going only by its luk and not even giving a damn about the features.....no video recording and no damn MMSing...sheesh what the hell were they thinking(or were they,at all??)
here is the problem we all will be facing at one point of tym or the other-
prob-"iphone looks super sexy and i want to have that phone JUST to flaunt over it in front of my friends and other ppl offcourse but what about the features?? i cant spend friggin' 35k on a phone with just 2mp camera and no bloody video capturing probilities??no sir,i'll have a 6600 neday over it,thank u very much.....but............the flaunt value??"

solution-"go to one of those mobile shops or mobile malls as they call 'em and grab a dummy iphone.problem SOLVED!!! flaunt over it as much as u want but let noone near it:p :p and get ur self an N95 or w960i(i am loving it) to use as a real phone;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Actually, if you compare iPhone to a similarly compared Media Phone such as W960i, then the only thing W960i lacks is the screen size. Thats it.

Animated UI is very subjective. Animations are slow, not everyone likes the same frame rate. Usually on computers the frame rate is 60fps (depending on monitor Hz). iPhoen just like Mac won't let us speed up or speed down the UI animation. Even on a N95 many times the animation gets slow. (that media browser application)

I do agree that iPhone is the best iPod ever made by Apple. This is what a PMP should be, but it is severely flawed as a Phone. It would have been better if iPhone was iPod gen 6 without any phone features inbuilt

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ thats exactly wat ipod 6 gen is gonna be touch screen (rumors)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Surprisingly, when iPod 6 comes with WiFi, suddenly it will be called a breakthrough in Digital Music Player cos it is from crApple :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

arre kahe uksa rahe ho unko .... din has initiated something ek hafta toh usko follow karen :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom