The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
infra_dude , do you really read the rubbish links provided by arya? haha, Dude you got time to waste its worse that saas bahu crap on tv.

Finch: No, you bleeding imbecile! They have culture, they have style, they're sophisticated!

Stifler : so they are....

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
:lol: absolutely purfect tarey too good .... just fits apple's products, the samesman's posts and a normal human's response :lol: awesome ... :lol: this 1 is the best response any 1 has ever come up with .... just too good ... :lol: cant stop laughing :lol:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
@tarey, no buddy... i usually don't read any articles unless its something technical. but jus outta curiousity i read today and i felt like the biggest fool on this earth to not buy the iphone!!! :D :D :D :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
infra and tarey what do u guys think of urselves :D i know ur just jealous because u guys did/can/could not buy Apple products for whatever reason! :lol:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
damn! this is simplicity at its best!!! that toooooooo good! :rolleyes: u know what i did when i got a new connection? i waited in the queue for a day, then got the sim card and phone................ go buy one if u wanna do that". i had to manually key in all the contacts

Damn, my case was alos very tough. I used MyPhoneExplorer to connect my old K700i to my computer & click on Backup to make a complete phone backup of my Contact List, SMS, Contact Pics & application etc. Then I connected my K750i with my BSNL & SIM & restored the backup to new k750I....OMG...it took 2 mins , noooooooooooooooooooooooo why didn't I use iPhone :D

awesome! the iphone has internet too :smile: look at me

OMG...I can check mails in my K750i, check whether, Chat....browser wahtever site I want using Opera Mini, damn...I don't have iPhone but still I can do everything...while iPhone can't....damn
Infra, tarey, iMav....

How dare you reveal the truth of iPhone. Just look at the UI, it looks so cool

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
iPhone+AT&T Bill=Uh-Oh ... some salesman forgot some links to post :lol:

read this guys apple+at&t= pakka chor if u thought indian private companies were thugs el jobso and his partner in crime at&t ...

I just got my first AT&T bill for my iPhone. (Apple loaned me an iPhone to review, but I paid for the service myself so I could go through the setup process like the average Joe. The Times will reimburse me.)

It’s a staggeringly, hatefully complex document, designed by some Monty Pythoneseque committee in charge of consumer confusion.

For starters, although I signed up for what iTunes told me was a $60 plan (450 minutes, unlimited Internet), the bill says I have a $40 voice plan and a $20 Internet plan, and lists them on separate pages.

The first bill, believe it or not, comes to $150. It’s filled with unexplained services and features that were never mentioned during the signup process, like MEDIA MAX, EXPD M2M, VOICE PRIVACY, and AT&T DIRECT BILL.

After studying this thing for 20 minutes, I think I’ve got it figured out: activation charge ($36), prorated monthly fee for June ($26 for voice, $13 for Internet use), taxes and fees ($15), plus July billed in advance ($40 voice, $20 data).

All of that fits on three dense pages. But then–get this–I get SIX PAGES of listings of data tidbits that the iPhone has downloaded in the form of email and Web pages–KILOBYTE BY KILOBYTE! Every graphic on every Web page, every message sent or received–it’s all carefully listed by date and time. Not as anything helpful like NYTIMES.COM HOME PAGE or EMAIL–no, no. Instead, every single one of the hundreds of listings says the same thing: “Data Transfer” of type “Data” at rate code “MBRF,” along with how many kilobytes it was (usually 1K or 3K).

It’s an unadulterated waste of paper, ink, and fuel to deliver it. It helps no one; dudes, we’re all on unlimited data plans! Who the heck needs a breakdown like this? If AT&T thinks anyone cares, they should stick it on the Web, for crying out loud.

This development illustrates yet another clash between Apple’s typical philosophy of elegance and simplicity–and the unprepared, cluelessness of its cellular partner

i think these guys should be sued for wasting natural resources like paper and giving rise to global warmning ...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Apple v2

The guys at iPhoneology didn't have anything better to do this weekend, so they were poking around in the iPhone's firmware, and look what they found: four applications they hadn't seen before, including one for mobile radio that's not even supported in the iPhone's hardware. They also found a few widgets that aren't on the iPhone yet, either.

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/iphone_newapps.jpg

*gizmodo.com/assets/resources/2007/07/apps-1.jpg

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hmm....why is Apple hiding features in iPhone?

A possible answer is that they will enable these features some other day either for a prise or free, saying "we care for customars, so we added these" :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
arrey its v2 and then ppl like arya will jump around saying see they have this they have that not realizing that they have been thugged by a baldy who couldv put everything in the first gen iphone but then he would run out of ideas for gen 2

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
"Improved Version of iCr.. oops iPhone" :D

aww It reminds me of those old days when you needed a Pencile to enable L2 Cache in AMD Processors :D

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
India's first working iPhone is here ...

cnn networks tv show tech2 guys have managed to import an iphone ...

We called up TV18's New York bureau chief, Indira Kannan and asked her if she would buy one, activate it and send it across to us. Luckily, Indira's existing plan was just coming to an end and she wanted to switch operators anyway. In the US they have number portability which means she could retain her number even if she changed to AT&T. So she bought it, got it up and running, routed her calls to voicemail and set up a cheap international roaming and dialing plan on it. She packed it, shipped it and sent it.

Today, we got it... yeah... we got it! Don't believe us? Check out the pics! No photoshopping, we swear!
*www.tech2.com/india/news/mobile-phones/we-have-the-iphone/10892/0

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I'm thinking of buying the iPhone from USA and then cracking (using Mac only applications available on the Internet) it to work in India. But I don't think it will be possible to configure Airtel's service settings on it so I'm not very sure about doing this. :(

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
infra_red_dude said:
offtopic: enable l2 cache? afaik i did that to unlock the multiplier on the amd proc.

Yea thats rite :p me and my memory :mad: . But still it unlocked something na :D

goobimama

 Macboy
@aayush: The current hacks only allow it to be used as an iPod and a Wifi device. The phone features are yet to be opened to different operators. But I guess when the EU version comes along, there will be a few more loopholes... Till then, I wait.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
I'm thinking of buying the iPhone from USA and then cracking (using Mac only applications available on the Internet) it to work in India. But I don't think it will be possible to configure Airtel's service settings on it so I'm not very sure about doing this. :(

Edit : It won't work. Unless you install Linux

Hey, waren't u going to wait till iPhone gen 2 :D

Oh & iFuntastic works on my PC too, U know how.....:p

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
gx_saurav said:
It won't work. Current iPhone works on CDMA tech in USA not GSM. Airtel is GSM....
i know u hate apple and anything related.. but come on man.. everyone should haf this piece of info.. iphone is for the GSM market.. and NO cdma version exists as of now!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Hey, waren't u going to wait till iPhone gen 2 :D
Yeah, I guess I am. But is is very difficult to resist the charm. My sister in USA has used it and she has given it rave reviews. She is almost mocking me.

(Yeah, I know she is stupid and anyone in the whole world who likes anything Apple makes is a dumb jerk. No need to repeat it now.)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
infra_red_dude said:
i know u hate apple and anything related.. but come on man.. everyone should haf this piece of info.. iphone is for the GSM market.. and NO cdma version exists as of now!
You should follow your signature, dude. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom