the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Phoenix...

Right off the assembly line
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

ppl any suggestion for a ups..??
the itwares have listed these ups.. [*www.theitwares.com/ups/ups.htm]

just suggest me some thing on the cheaper side..!!

i already hav got one ups the intex 600va sensation model
input range is 230 v
its sine wave under main supply and stepped wave under battery mode

i guess i'll need pure sine wave ups..!! dude plzzzzzzz help...!!
going to lamington to get my stuff tomorrow itself so was thinking if i could sqeeze in the UPs too..

Phoenix...

hey ashu thanx.....!!

but then ASUS and EVGA price range seems to me more or less same

the lamington ppl dint tell me the individual price of the processor and mobo as a kit they told me the prices
and for asus p6t delux v2 they told 38000 k

Phoenix...

and topgear

as far as i've read ASUS is also a mid to top rage OC board

just correct me incase i'm wrong

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

ppl any suggestion for a ups..??
the itwares have listed these ups.. [*www.theitwares.com/ups/ups.htm]

just suggest me some thing on the cheaper side..!!

i already hav got one ups the intex 600va sensation model
input range is 230 v
its sine wave under main supply and stepped wave under battery mode

i guess i'll need pure sine wave ups..!! dude plzzzzzzz help...!!
going to lamington to get my stuff tomorrow itself so was thinking if i could sqeeze in the UPs too..
well, the core i7 need PSU's wich are ACTIVE PFC's (both, corsair as well as tagan ones too) so get urself a PURE SINE WAVE UPS.. :)

APC's SMART UPS range of UPSes are PURE SINE WAVES but the downside is they are way too costly (i hv one of them, a pure sine wave for Rs.17K for my core i7) :( but atleast i hv a peace of mind in an area of mine where there are heavy voltage fluctuations.. :) , so hope u got the importance of this UPS on my >Rs.1 lac rig.. :) i didnt wnat any fuzzle afterwards, so since i was spending so much on the rig, y not sum more on its medication too (the UPS) :)

WAtever u pl;an to do, IF u hv got voltage fluctuations in ur room/area, get a PURE SINE WAVE UPS, i knw tat those costly PSU's (Corsair or even tagan) are very solidly built to suystain any type of fluctuations, but then again read this ----> " Y to take any "over the board"chance"... wat say ?? :)

hey ashu thanx.....!!

but then ASUS and EVGA price range seems to me more or less same

the lamington ppl dint tell me the individual price of the processor and mobo as a kit they told me the prices
and for asus p6t delux v2 they told 38000 k
well, if they told u tat the total package of [mobo+proccy] is Rs.38K, then core i7 920 processor is Rs. 15.5K, so the mobo cost is 38-15.5=22.5K wich is good for Asus as well as for Evga X58 mobo.. :)

so, i wud say, go for Evga X58 mobo, as its a beast (with stability) wen it comes to OCing.. as it was specifically designed with one sole reason ---> To OverClock in mid-to-high range of OC :)

and topgear

as far as i've read ASUS is also a mid to top rage OC board

just correct me incase i'm wrong
well, i dnt agree (correct me too, if im wrong too, :confused: ),

i think Asus and Evga are on the same lines, maybe Evga is SLIGHTEST better than ASUS if not the best but totally a BEAST :cool: I bet on that with closed eyes :cool:

.. , so i will still go with Evga X58 mobo.. :)
--------------------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

amitash

Intel OCer

1.) Processor: Core i7 920 (2.66Ghz) ---------------------> Rs. 15.5K
2.) Motherboard: EVGA X58 (since u wanna go for OC) ------> Rs. 22.7K
3.) RAM: Corsair TR3X3G-1333C9 (3gb kit) 1GBx3 sticks ----> RS. 8.2K
4.) GPU: nVIDIA gtx280 SSC -------------------------------> Rs. 22.7K
5.) PSU: Corsair tx750 -----------------------------------> Rs. 8.5K
6.) Monitor: Samsung 2233SW 21.5" (FullHD) ---------------> Rs. 10.5K
7.) Cabinet: CM690 ---------------------------------------> Rs. 4.2K
8.) HDD: WD Caviar Green 1-TB ----------------------------> Rs. 5.1K

No offence but some parts are outdated in this setup.. change these:

3.RAM go for 6gb 3x2gb OCZ platinum 1600Mhz for 7k from KMD on techenclave (someone told me hes takin orders again)
4.gtx280 is useless for the price now...id rather go with 2xgtx260 core 216 for SLI at 11k each...absolutely PWNS gtx280 and comes close to 295.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ Phoenix... & ashu888ashu888

The EVGA X58 mobo is extreme OC friendly. But I can't say it about asus coz I think asus
board does OC more or less like the EVGA x58 mobo so buying P6T deluxe is just wasting money.

So Here's your choice either get EVGA X58 @ 22K or so get Gigabyte uD5 for Rs. 16.5K or so.

@ amitash - Wow ! Now that's some really cheap price for DDR3 1600MHZ 3x 2GB Ram & brand like OCZ. BTW, are talking about this : the part number of the 3x 2GB kit is OCZ3G1600LV6GK
*www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_ddr3_pc3_12800_gold_low_voltage_triple_channel

They are selling for $96-102 &

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Thanx for the update topgear :) , btw did Mr. phoenix buy his components ???

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around

ONLY ONE QUESTION

DOES EVGA X58 SLI SUPPORT DDR3 RAM @ 1800? PACKAGE MENTIONS UPTO 1600 HZ BUT WEBSITE SAYS UPTO 2000 WITH BIOS UPDATE. SHOULD I GO FOR 1800HZ RAM?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

If it says it supports 2000Mhz then it will support this. If you buy 1800Mhz ram now & your mobo comes with old bios then it will run them @ 1600Mhz.
So after the necessary bios update your mem will run @ it's full speed ie 1800Mhz. So nothing to worry. Just go ahead.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around

^ Thanks topgear. Those are the golden words I was wanting to hear. Now The SECOND question.... The Gskill 1600 RAM is XMP while the 1800 is not. Can any one of u say if XMP would be better or the reaper one. Net reviews are sparse and nonconforming to one another. Kindly have a look at the links.

OCZ Reaper HPC 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Desktop Memory
*www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227417
$113.99 + $5.99 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 119.98
Shipping weight = 1lbs
Price = Rs. 7,900/-

OCZ XMP Ready Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory
*www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...list=fr oogle
$98.99 + $0 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 98.99
Shipping weight = 1lbs
Price = Rs. 6,600/-

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

@ Shadowfax 2009

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/memory-module-upgrade,2264.html

Here you'll find out that 3GB or 6GB, the performance difference is less than 0.5%
ANd if you search guru3d, you'll see that spending cartloads on ddr3 1600mhz + ram is useless except for everest benchmark and wiwrar speed, that too by a little.

I suggest get the lowest CAS Latency RAM available within your budget, as that will give you a true performance boost. ANd look out for a max of 1600 MHZ DDR3 with CL7 or CL6(if there).

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around

^ CompAddict.

Thanks a ton for the help. I will Stick to DDR3 1600. CAS6 is too costly currently. Can you go through the links and suggest finally what ram would be best for around a Hundred $

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227381

or

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227375

or

*www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227417

I really need to final now.

Also since your thread on prices are the best can you tell me where to buy at Nehru Place. The threads on the topic are really old. Or should I do it all oner the net?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ If I were you I would go for those 1800Mhz ram. Sure the cas latency diiference between 1800 & 1600 Mhz is 1 but the price difference between two is only $14 that's hardly 1000 bucks.

You can OC those 1800Mhz modules much better than ( upto 2000-2200 ) than that 1600Mhz kit.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard

But does that 1800MHz modules really help? In gaming and benchies(except everest and winrar agaan), it's no use. Just go for the 1600MHz kit, even if it's C7. Don't spend too much uselessly on RAM. Better investment is in a better mobo.

Shadowfax2009

Wandering around

Ya I was planning to get a DDR3 1600 and put the money on buying an EVGA X58 SLI board at 19,000/-. But i got blasted for wasting so much money on the MB. Look at this thread..... *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117427&page=2.. Can U suggest a good board? Should I go with EVGA or should I go for UD4 by KMD at 16000/-?

I am not confident with the MSI Pro board at 10,500/-

Top Bottom