the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

Get core i7 920 & oc it.

For mobo Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 or Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME

Get 2x 1.5TB seagate HDD

Get 2x GTX 275 ( if you don't find a GTX 295 )

Get a smasung DVD RW

Corsair HX 750 PSU

Samsung 2233sw Monitor

CM 690 cabby

sohancool

Broken In

@ sohancool: buddy, did u get the price update from KMD (for the PM) i sent u ?? :confused: coz im not able to access my PM inbox here.. :( so maybe u can post it here instead.. :)
-----------

Cheers n e-peace.....

Please see the reply from katmandude.

GeForce GTX 295 with Backplate - 017-P3-1293-AR ---> Its on special order which means it will take them 4-9 business days for them to process the order once the order is placed.
*www.provantage.com/evga-017-p...r~AEVGA0C8.htm
$562.94 + $6.45 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 569.39
Shipping weight = 4lbs
Price = Rs. 38,600/-

Since the item is deactivated on Newegg can't buy from there.

*www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-1&seller=
$451.99 + $0 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 451.99
Shipping weight = 3lbs
Price = Rs. 30,600/-

Local shipping @ actuals from Mumbai to your place will be extra for both cards.

Let me know what are u planning to do further.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

The configuration for my pc is as follows:

Processor- intel core i7 P940 2.98GHz or intel Core i7 P920 2.66GHz
Go for Inter core i7 920 at the moment, a core i7 940 will hamper ur other upgrade options as well as ur budget. : )

Price: Rs. 15.5K

Motherbord ASUS P6T DElux Or gigabyte bords ( it should have Full upgrade option and future proof 2 way SLI is a must 3 way would be better)
If u want OCing capability and that too the safest way, forget both these motherboards and go for EVGA X58 motherboard and also any X58 mobo for the core i7 will definately support 3 way SLi (not the GB DS4, it will support 3 way CFX)

Price: Rs. 22.5K

Memory - CORSAIR DDR3 XMS3 4GB (2 X 2GB) 1600MHz or 1333MHz
U can go for either Corsair or even G Skill or even OCZ, but Corsair is a better option as it wil giv u 10 yrs of warranty for its RAM modules..

HDD- WesternDigital Caviar Blue 1 TeraByte X 2 or 500GB X 2 (Should suport RAID 1)
Go in for 2x500GB WD and set them both as RAID 0 or RAID 1 and one single 1TB WD HDD for backup purpose,

Price: 1TB WD CAviar green Rs. 5100/-

Optical Drive - Blueray/DVDR+RW 2DL Writer
Bluray is jus NOT value for money at the moment, DO NOT spend Rs. 22K for tat bluray drive alone, instead save this money or use it on other parts like GPU..

PSU- Cooler Master 600-eXtreme Power
Get Corsair tx1000 or Tagan bz1100 (the tagan bz1100 will easily support 3 gpu cards, if in case u wanna go in for 3 way SLi or 3 way CFX)

Price: Rs. 14.1K (for tagan bz1100) and Rs. 15K for Corsair tx1000

CPU Cooler - Thermalright CPU Cooler IFX-14 or Thermalright Ultra-90-775
As long as u are NOT OCing ur core i7 920 (on a evga X58 motherboard) the stock (air) cooler of Intel is sufficient, other than that go for TRUE (Thermal Right Ultra Extreme) but beware, wen u install this TRUE cooler, DO NOT buy RAM modules wich hv HEATSINKS (like the ones of OCZ) else one of the RAM slots (closest to the processor i.e the 1st RAM slot) will be unusuable due to the sheer size of the TRUE and the height of the RAM module (With a heatsink on it)...

Cabinate - Antec With transperent side panel must
Get Cooler Master CM 690 for Rs. 4400/- (With Side panel cutout in glass) or if u want other options, go for Antec 900

GPU - Nvdia Quadro Fx 3800 or any Quadro Fx card with SLI support GDDR3 (1GB or 512 Mb)
Dude, go in for wither a nVIDIA gtx275 or gtx280 SSC (Rs. 22.7K) or straight away, the BAAP of all gpus the gtx295 (Rs. 33K) all of these cards are DDR3

Monitor - SAMSUNG 2033SW 20" X 2 SAMsung 22" X 2 (must be full HD 1080p)
TO get a real fullHD experience (if u are getting the gtx295 gpu) go in for a 24" LCD

Keybord - Full multimedia keybord from Logitec
the Logitec g15 will be a good match

'NOMOUSE plese'
But, if at all u wanna go for this one too, get the Razor mouse (i knw its only for gamers).. but still.. lol...

External HDD- Western Digital minimum 500GB or 1 TB
Good option

Speakers - CREATIVE 7.1 or 5.1
also, get the Sound blaster audigy sounce card for those speakers..
it will cost u sumwhere like (not sure though) Rs. 10K

if possible Liquid Cooling for entair system
Well, the TRUE is more than enough for 2 gpus and an OCed core i7 (provided, the surrounding temp is cool, like being in an Air conditioned room.. set at 22 deg C..

I NEED THE SYSTEM TO BE FUTURE PROFF AND ATLEAST RUN ALL THE GRAPHIC DESIGNING SOFTWARE LIKE MAYA 3 D MAX and LATEST GAMES ATLEAST 6YEARS WITHOUT ANY ISSUE THEN THE SYSTEM CAN BE UPGRADED SO IT SHOULD HAVE LOADS OF UPGRADE OPTION TOO AND AFTER ALL VALUE FOR MONEY SHOULD BE ALSO KEPT IN MIND.
Woow woow woow... slow down a bit here buddy.. phew..
there is no such concept of future proofing these days, it all depends on the type of work an individual will do on his/her PC, say for eg: a p3 system is very well futureproof for jus d/loading stuff, music, internet etc..

Btw, if u still wanna go for futureproofing, then it will mean getting all the HIGHEST end stuff (not jus HIGH end) and will will directly hamper ur budget and will easily shoot up to more than 1.75K... :)

So, my advice, be inside ur budget, the system u build today will last for 2 yrs (as per the software) and for GAMES.. well... u knw it, i knw it, we all knw it that.... games are gonna be more big, will need more processing power etc.etc..and in turn will need more and more costliest of the costliest h/ware... :(

Coz, jus to giv u a HINT, ppl are today running crysis (this is the only game till date that proves to be a BEAST on system no matter wat the config is.. :D ) at insane resolutions with 3xgtx295 (toital price of these 3 cards approx. 90K) and manage to get 220+ fps whereas the normal human eye can jus see at 30-32 fps (frames per sec)..

ONE MORE THING STRICKLY IF THE RAM IS IN DDR3 THE ENTIRE SYSTEM SHOULD BE in DDR3 THERE SCOULD NOT BE ANY COMPATIBILITY ISSUE LIKE ONE COMPONENT AT DDR3 THE OTHER ONE AT DDR2
Yup, hv suggest u the same (for RAM and gpus) aftr reading this point so be rest assured :)

also, for the products there are 2 sources:

1.) www.theitwares.com
2.) the KMD dude
(i hv not contacted him but many ppl say he is good too) :)
==============================
==============================
Please see the reply from katmandude.

GeForce GTX 295 with Backplate - 017-P3-1293-AR ---> Its on special order which means it will take them 4-9 business days for them to process the order once the order is placed.
*www.provantage.com/evga-017-p...r~AEVGA0C8.htm
$562.94 + $6.45 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 569.39
Shipping weight = 4lbs
Price = Rs. 38,600/-

Since the item is deactivated on Newegg can't buy from there.

*www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...sr=8-1&seller=
$451.99 + $0 (US Shipping to NY) + $0 (NY Tax) = $ 451.99
Shipping weight = 3lbs
Price = Rs. 30,600/-

Local shipping @ actuals from Mumbai to your place will be extra for both cards.

Let me know what are u planning to do further.
Hey thanx alot lot Sohan for this reply.. :) really appreciate it buddy.. :)

but yes, these cards are costly, so at the moment i will stick to my gtc280 SSC only.. :)
=================

Cheers n e-peace.....

amitash

Intel OCer

Firstly, you cant get a gaming and renedering PC in one....Both require different types of gfx cards...For a gaming get:

1.core i7 920--15.5k
2.TRUE HR1366RT from KMD at 4k
3.evga x58 SLI mobo--22.5k
4.OCZ platinum 6gb 3x2gb DDR3 1600Mhz--6k from KMD
5.Zotac GTX295--31k
6.Corsair TX750 PSU--8k
7.Samsung Sata DVD writer--1k
8.cooler master CM690 cabby--4.5k
9.Creative 7.1--7k
10.Dell S2209W 21.5" LCD Monitor full HD--10k at lynx-india.com
11.Logitech G15--4.5k
12.Razer death adder--3k

Total--117k

sohancool

Broken In

Hi Guys,
I'm still confused whether to buy the Palit GTX 275 or the Sapphire Radeon 4890. Referring to all the reviews, the palit has some serious heat issues[ 86-89 degrees under load] while the 4890 never crosses 65 degrees, albeit at a lower performance. Kindly suggest on this.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

hmmm..... if tats the thing..then heat issues SHUD be considered coz a components life depends on it directly, there is no point in getting a higher performing card when its temps are really hot as (in the course of its usage) its life will be seriously affected.. (tats my point of view) :)

sohancool

Broken In

I share the same concern u have raised..a little less performance wont mind to me as long as the card gives best bang for the buck..also i was surprised the palit, though having a custom cooling, touched 89 degrees..was a little shocked at this..can i get another brand of a gtx 275 or something at the itwares or somewhere? otherwise i'm happy with the 4890

amitash

Intel OCer

^y dont u order the evga brand or sth from KMD? and i think 89C should be fine.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

I share the same concern u have raised..a little less performance wont mind to me as long as the card gives best bang for the buck..also i was surprised the palit, though having a custom cooling, touched 89 degrees..was a little shocked at this..can i get another brand of a gtx 275 or something at the itwares or somewhere? otherwise i'm happy with the 4890

According to me 89C is a very high temp. So you should reaaly avoid that card.

You can consider zotac gtx 275 which is only Rs. 17.5K.

If you can't find it opt for HD4890 :p

sohancool

Broken In

According to me 89C is a very high temp. So you should reaaly avoid that card.

You can consider zotac gtx 275 which is only Rs. 17.5K.

If you can't find it opt for HD4890 :p

Ya 89C is HIGH, so if i cant find the zotac one, will straightaway buy the 4890. Unfortunately KMD has stopped taking orders for now, so i guess will have to find the Zotac One locally

amitash

Intel OCer

^Oh well then i guess you dont have much choice...

coolnikk

Journeyman

does any one knows power consumption of 295 gtx ssc edition and of intel i7 oc at 3.5 ghz.Also suggest a good wi fi card at rs 5000 or below and from where can i get LGA1366 Bolt-Thru-Kit .

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer

there is no gtx295 ssc edition..I think its a mistake on theitwares listing....a normal gtx295 + i7 at 3.5Ghz is what im running right now and my 700W PSU handles it quite well...I would recomend you go for corsair tx750 or 800

And for wat cooler do u want the bolt thru kit?

coolnikk

Journeyman

Thermal right Ultra-120 Extreme and i will also go for oc of i7 and 295gtx so do i require liquid cooling

here my config

Power Supply: Tagan BZ1100

Processor: Core i7-920 (2.66 GHz)

Cooling: Thermal right Ultra-120 Extreme 1366 RT CPU Cooler

Motherboard:Evga: model: X58

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA

Video Card: EVGA 295 gtx

Monitor: Samsung 2233SW

Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

Speakers: Logitech G51 5.1 Speakers

Precision PC Gaming Headset

Cd/DVD-/+RW:

Communications:

Keyboard & Mouse: normal

Ram: Corsair DDR 3 TR3X3G1333C9 (3 X 2 GB DDR3 1333MhZ)

Case: Thermal take Armor Series VA8003BWS

any changes pls suggest me also a wi fi card and webcam

amitash

Intel OCer

^You nearly have my same config :D

anyway, you MUST change RAM to 6gb 3x2gb OCZ platinum 1600Mhz for only 6.5 or 7k from a guy called Katmandude on techenclave forums...3gb 1333 is a bottleneck to gtx295 + i7....And if you live in B'lore you can get zotac gtx295 from sp road for 27k or so ive heard.

And you dont need liquid cooling, a TRUE is enough for 3.6 to 3.8 depending on your chip.

coolnikk

Journeyman

amitash i stay in vapi.Also i need a good wi fi card,blutooth card,19 in 1 media card reader and webcam:mrgreen: and i heard kmd has stopped taking orders nad if not can you give me his contact no or email id

amitash

Intel OCer

Oh I dont know anything about wifi,bluetooth cards....And if KMD has stopped, then your ram will be expensive and NOT worth it... many reviews i have seen have shown much better results with 6gb in tri channel than 3 or 4gb so i still suggest you try to get hold of 6gigs of RAM from abroad.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

^^

baap re, bahut bhaari bharkam (heavy duty) chat chal raha hain yahan..lol.. :D did i miss sumthing or am i a biut late to join in ?? :D
----------

Btw, amitash and coolnikk, plz post ur individual prices for:
a.) the soundcard
b.) the speakers (5.1)

as i am planning to buy them maybe in 2 weeks.. :)
------

also, amitash, is the Zotac gtx295 really available at 27K (in ur area of SP road)... are u exactly sure of the price.. ? (coz on theitwares its still 32K+ price)

amitash

Intel OCer

^Well...I dont know anything about speakers much, but if you want a gamer sound card, then go for the creative X-fi...If you want the best music and movie audio AND gaming perf nearly equal to X-fi then get asus xonar D2X(think its 8 or 9k on lynx)

As for gtx295, Other ppl i have enquired from on other forums say its 27-29k in sp road...Im not sure, will try to confirm