the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

vizkid2005

In the zone
Ok ...
4get the budget ...
Just provide me with a good configuration for my above mentioned needs ..

wat will be better amd phenom II x6 1055t or intel i7 (930/920) ???

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

ok, here u go :)

Processor: Intel Core i7-930

1.) Motherboard:
Asus P6T ----> Rs. 15.6
Asus P6T ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

2.) Processor
Intel Core i7-930 ---> Rs. 14.3K
TheITWares -Intel Core i7-930 Bloomfield 2.8GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - TheITWares

3.) RAM
Corsair TR3X6G 1333 Mhz 6GB RAM Kit ---> Rs. 7.9K
/index.php?productID=5895

4.) Cabinet
CoolerMaster CM 690 ---> Rs. 4.2K

5.) SMPS (power Supply)
a.) Corsair ---> Corsair ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India
here's a wide range, so if u goin for a single GPU, a 450-500W PSU is good enough, for dual or triple GPU, get a minimum of 750W PSU

b.) Tagan ---> Tagan ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

6.) GPU
Palit GTX 460 ---> Rs. 13.3K
Palit GF GTX460 Sonic 1GB DDR-5 ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

7.) HDD
Western Digital -----> Rs. 3.4K
Western Digital 1TB SATA 3.5" Hard Drive - Green 64MB Cache ? Lynx - The Audio , Electronics & Computer Online Superstore In India

8.) LCD
Samsung SyncMaster 2233 SW (FullHD reso of 1920 x 1080) 21.5" ----> Rs. 8.5K

-------------------

THis is a rough configuration (not including all the components)...

Cheers n e-peace....

pegasus

Journeyman
hey guys one of my friend wana buy intel i7 930.
u plz suggest the midrange Motherboard for intel i7 930. (he dont wana OC it). But motherboard must have a usb 3.0 support. @ 10k max budget.
GA-H57M-USB3
spacescreamer sir- Are you sure that motherboard supports an i7 930? :?
^^
It will not. It supports the 1156 package. You can take the:

i7 860
i7 860s
i7 870
i7 870s
i7 875K

From the i7 architecture.
Thank you asigh sir.
I hope people are more careful while posting suggestions.
Just can't imagine the tragedy of someone buying the CPU and mobo on the basis of some wrong suggestions and realising socket 1366 processor won't fit socket 1156 motherboard.

robindiv_76

Right off the assembly line
Here's a good news for those who are in the market for a new gaming lappy.Sony will be launching their new models under E series on 15th of sept.If u want to see how the models look like,here's a glimpse

E Series : VAIO Notebook & Computer : Sony Middle East & Africa

Geez look at the back up time,1.5 hrs,thats darn bad.

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Here's a good news for those who are in the market for a new gaming lappy.Sony will be launching their new models under E series on 15th of sept.If u want to see how the models look like,here's a glimpse

E Series : VAIO Notebook & Computer : Sony Middle East & Africa

Geez look at the back up time,1.5 hrs,thats darn bad.

is the date confirmed..??? :confused: Source..??? btw, thanx for the site info... (its M.E and Africa) though.. :(

vaio only for kareena droolers imo.... :p
hey come on.. .!! :( tats not true... its the best value for money among so many others like HP, Dell... :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
sorry mate, but they seem more expensive when compared to others , but have not seen them recently, maybe I should :)

yup, i totally agree, VAIO lappys a few months back (to be very honest with u) say, 7-8months back, were LOW and poor on config and damn high on prices.. say a lappy of VAIO costed like 67-69K when the same config lappy of DELL or even HP for tat matter costed way low like Rs. 52-56K... :)

i agree. no doubt...

but by the launch of this E Series (from March 10th, 2010) they hv revamped their pricing to config ratio :)

hey ashu how much battery backup does ur eb16 give?

well, wen im on battery power and jus surfing or doin lite work, it gives me approx. 2.5-3hrs :) but i really havent checked it the PRECISE way, so i may be abit wrong ... :)

robindiv_76

Right off the assembly line
I finally got my first laptop and oh my am i happy :smile:
Its a Sony Vaio EB36
Here's a link to it
VPCEB36FG : E Series : VAIO Laptop & Computer : Sony India
Thank you folks for all the help.
And tips from fellow vaio owners would be welcome :smile:
And a special thanks to Ashu:smile:

Btw where can i buy a screen guard and a guard for the lip

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

woo ho ho... congratulations on ur purchase..btw wich color did u opt for..???

there's scratchguard available for ur lappy screen so u can purchase that, it will be costing u Rs.700/- i suppose...

for the upper top lid.. ppl use transparencies, but i wud NOT recommend it, as it attracts more dust as the film fails to stick to the body of the lappy overtime.. :)
------------

and yes, plz post ur pic here for the lappy... :)
-------------

Cheers n e-peace....

Top Bottom