the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Yup, this doesn't seem to be difficult, just it is little scary as there is a small risk running in the back of our mind that sumthing might go wrong.
Actually I just wanted to overclock the ram nw bcoz 1066Ghz was too low for a 1600 capable thing!

I will overclock my Procy once i get a Good HSF. Also i need a 140mm fan for my cabinet and i just can't find that here in Bangalore or on ebay.

Hope watvr i did sticks n der and no smoke or campfire starts inside the Cabinet. :p

Cheers,
Cosmos

I am also waiting for my new Water Cooler... As and when i get that i'll start some serious OC'ing (With the help of u guys of course:smile:).....

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

Also, how much did u get your G.Skill sticks for ???

cosmos

Broken In
GSkill sticks were for 9.8K + 4% vat

Btw i posted my super high core temps on the page 32 of the "Overheating problems" thread. Hope anyone helps me out or else bye bye cpu...I will just pack it up and keep it till i get a decent cooler. :wah:

@sid - let me know ur temps!

Cheers,
Cosmos

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
Here are the temperature readings of my CPU --

*i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sid_gamer/Tempreadings.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

@ Cosmos

Are these the proper readings for my i7- 920 running on a stock cooler ??

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
With the Intel Stock Cooler.....:)

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Hey asigh , did you buy your water cooler ??

got some items today

• M/B- GIGABYTE – GA-X58A-UD7- 20800/-
  • CHASSIS- Coolermaster HAF 932 – 9500/-(not received - will get it on monday)
  • MEMORY – DDR3 –6GB 1600 MZ-G Skill - 10500/-(is this ram ok compared to Corsair)
  • GPU -Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE - Rs :16200/-
  • PSU – CM GX 750W – Rs - 6500/-( it is AFC and 85% efficiency- is it ok or should I had gone for Corsair-which was not available)
  • HDD – 1TB WD BLACK - Rs -5400/-(not received - will receive it on monday)
  • HDD - 1 TB Seagate - Rs - 4000/-
  • UPS – APC Smart UPS 1500VA - SUA1500I-Rs - 15200/-
  • Monitor -24” Full HD- Benq -E2400HD -Rs - 13600/-
  • K/B - TVS Gold - Rs 1300/-
  • Mouse - Logitech - Rs - 350/-
  • Windows 7 HP Retail - 6100/-
  • Spike 2x8 way - Rs - 1300/-

CPU i7 930 not Available - will order from PrimeABGB--

comments are welcome..............:smile:

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Are these the proper readings for my i7- 920 running on a stock cooler ??

I am also waiting for my new Water Cooler... As and when i get that i'll start some serious OC'ing (With the help of u guys of course:smile:).
those are really good (lower temps) for ur i7=920.. congrats... :) i hv these similar kinda temps (Even after 1 year of using my rig) so u goin gr8 (on temps).. :)

note: i hv additional 140mm fans (2x140mm LEDs at the top, 1x120mm LED in front of my CM 690) apart from the 2 stock fans tat come originally installed with the cm690 itself.. :)

wich water cooler are u planning to buy...??? im also thinking abt buying one in 15-20 days...so plz keep me in the hunt too (in the discussion part i meant).. :)

got some items today

• M/B- GIGABYTE – GA-X58A-UD7- 20800/-
  • CHASSIS- Coolermaster HAF 932 – 9500/-(not received - will get it on monday)
  • MEMORY – DDR3 –6GB 1600 MZ-G Skill - 10500/-(is this ram ok compared to Corsair)
  • GPU -Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE - Rs :16200/-
  • PSU – CM GX 750W – Rs - 6500/-( it is AFC and 85% efficiency- is it ok or should I had gone for Corsair-which was not available)
  • HDD – 1TB WD BLACK - Rs -5400/-(not received - will receive it on monday)
  • HDD - 1 TB Seagate - Rs - 4000/-
  • UPS – APC Smart UPS 1500VA - SUA1500I-Rs - 15200/-
  • Monitor -24” Full HD- Benq -E2400HD -Rs - 13600/-
  • K/B - TVS Gold - Rs 1300/-
  • Mouse - Logitech - Rs - 350/-
  • Windows 7 HP Retail - 6100/-
  • Spike 2x8 way - Rs - 1300/-

CPU i7 930 not Available - will order from PrimeABGB--

comments are welcome..............:smile:

hi azaad, well.. the buy is gr8..

the RAM is good, dont worry...G Skill is a good brand too,so nothing to worry abt.. :)

abt the PSU: well, if i were u, i wud hv definately gone for Corsair (or TAgan) with my eyes closed, so plz hv a look on tat Cooler Master PSU... :)

and yes, ur cabby's choice is gr8, its a huge full tower cabby, so u will be having a lot of fun customising it with LED fans and tubes, it has ample room for housing the Water cooling kit for ur i7 too.. :)
-----------

CHeers n e-peace,... :)

^ thank you, I tried for Corsair and was ready to order online, however seeing the specs of GX 750W - as it was also Active Power Correction one with 85% efficiency, so took the risk of buying it:neutral:

Sid_gamer

Team Digit
^^
Don't worry...Apart from the Extreme Series other PSU's from Cooler Master are good...Even I own the CM Silent Pro M600 and it is indeed very stable and efficient...

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

@ashu

Well i am a bit confused about the water cooler coz i had chosen the Corsair H50 Hydro before but i am now thinking of saving some cash and going for a much more better cooler like the Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT...it's a great water cooler but what hits me is that it's too costly...So I need suggestions from you all at TDF about what should I go for .....

Cheers,
Sid_gamer

rahul941400

Broken In
yeah even i've got CM GX series PSU.. its 80 PLUS.. dun wrry and yeah itz got high eficiency... though i am running mine without a UPS for now...untill am ready to buy the APC smart series UPS...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
...untill am ready to buy the APC smart series UPS...
hey buddy, u hv built up ur rig..?? pics..?? yup, a good choice on the UPS..phew... lol.. (will add ur name in the core i7 list of rig holders (check 1st pg for confirmation)....also... hv i missed any of the fellow members/friends names to be added on the 1st page..?? if yes, plz post it here, will gladly add those to the new list... :)

@ashu

Well i am a bit confused about the water cooler coz i had chosen the Corsair H50 Hydro before but i am now thinking of saving some cash and going for a much more better cooler like the Swiftech H20-220 Ultima XT...it's a great water cooler but what hits me is that it's too costly...So I need suggestions from you all at TDF about what should I go for .....

Cheers,
Sid_gamer
aare yaar, u saying the absolute right thing, swiftech is gr8 but way too costly, but i think i will go for swiftech.. i mean i dunno if i shud smile or frown, but will go for tat costly baby doll, jus for my i7 (and these hot and humid summers..gosh...)..where in mumbai can i find those..?? any ideas..??? :confused:
(if u also planning to buy it then maybe we can try to bargain as 2 or more ppl buying the same stuff, we can atleast try for a bargain..wat say..???) :)

till wat time u planning to wait until u make a firm decision..?? (mine wud be by the last week of apr,) the faster i get the location the sooner i will burn my dearer pocket.. :( :)
---------------

Cheers n e-peace.....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Am trying to arrange a deal for Swiftech Ultima on TE. Are you guys interested. The more guys we can manage, easier for the GO to go through..? Let me know. This is the one I am interested in..?

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

me me me (will PM u my number) in case u want it.. :) but im definately in for this one.. :)

is this the same swiftech as was displayed 4-5 pgs back..???? :confused:

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

how sooner can u get the deal fixed asigh,..>??? (also, will this require any additional slot or compartment inside my CM 690)...?? :confused: coz i jus cant afford to hand anything OUTSIDE of my cm690 (Space constraints) ... :( plz... be serious on this..lol.. as i really wanna go in for a water cooling kit... (btw, wat other types of cooling kits are available)..??? car coolants is it..?? :confused:

Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

^^

topgear: sorry yaar was not able to post the pics.. :( so my apologies...

Neways, since i purchased the UPS from APC directly, Along with the UPS, i got the following:

1.) 2 power cord cables (IEC320 C13 to IEC320 C14) i.e male lart at one end and female part at the other end. (so those 2 i used one for my LCD to the UPS and the other for my PSU to the UPS)

2.) one spike guard (especially made for us, indian users) which has a IEC320 C14 (i.e the male plug which ill go into the back of the UPS and then in the 3 sockets of spike guard, i hv my Router, Speaker connected to it)

3.) 2 CDs (one a powerchute installation CD and other, the manual..) :)
----------

the spike guard was faulty (as i started using it) so called up APC, Mumbai's main distributor and the spike guard was replaced within 2 hrs at my home.. :) along with a proper bill for that spike guard.. :)
-----------
also, that UPS weighs an enormous 24.5 Kgs... :D

-----------
Cheers n e-peace....

sorry do dig old post, I did not get spike in the packing,

and I already bought 2x8 way belkin spike guards, which have desi plug, now how do I use the ups output:?: do we get any combination socket which goes into ups female inlet with desi female outlet- so that I could use desi plugged ones which i bought or do we get male only plugs suiting the ups female inlet:?: so that I could cut off the desi plugs from my spike guards and fix them with the ones we need:?: IEC -320 C14- is this plug available separately and if yes how much?

Last edited:
Top Bottom