the Official Intel Core ix thread for desktops and laptops

official

In the zone
Re: The Official Core i7 (Intel's nehalem) Thread

As Intel releases i7 we thought that we have come to settle for a great processor for couple of years untill Amd releases something...But it seems like nothing is like to last for a quarter as i heard that intel will be releasing 32nm i7 by jan probably...
Do you people think its going to fit in 1366 socket of recent x58 boards????
I just thought of upgrading to i7 this fall 09, but i think its better to wait.
What do you suggest!!
Do you think prices of i7 will fall by any chance???????

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^afaik, i7 is set to remain a premium processor I don't think it will go below 12k.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

@ official: the more u keep waiting the more variations u will get in processors, motherboards and especially GPUs so everytime is a right time to buy stuff dear.. :)

as the tech society is such tat everything goes outdated is jus 6months time, also if u wait for the new processors, dnt expect the new processors to be cheap instead the current line of processors will be cheaper as compared to present day prices.. :)
------

and i totally agree with desii as intel is set to launch a lower version of its processors with the names core i5 and core i3 and these line of processors wll be a bit less superior to its core i7 counterpart.. :)

so the bottom line is tat ATM... core i7 is the premium processor in the market.. :)

Cheers n e-p-eace....

mac555

Broken In

As Intel releases i7 we thought that we have come to settle for a great processor for couple of years untill Amd releases something...But it seems like nothing is like to last for a quarter as i heard that intel will be releasing 32nm i7 by jan probably...
Do you people think its going to fit in 1366 socket of recent x58 boards????
I just thought of upgrading to i7 this fall 09, but i think its better to wait.
What do you suggest!!
Do you think prices of i7 will fall by any chance???????

i9 will fit in 1366 socket of recent boards which will be top of the line processor....and yes 1366 socket is for enthusiasts.....(high price)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

i9 ?? :confused: my f**king god.. lol.. wen was tat news launched for i9..?? any links..? wait me googling too..(silly me)..lol..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

As of now there are only three types of core ix based processors namely
core i7, core i5 & core i3

Core i5 & core i3 have LGA 1156 socket type & core i7 uses LGA 1366 socket type.

but the only exception in core i7 series is core i7 860 & core i7 870 - they use LGA 1156 socket type :p

amitash

Intel OCer

@ashu: rumor has it that the new westmere 32nm cores will be called i9...6 cores, 12threads, confirmed to work on our boards.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

First, LGA-1366 is once again set as a platform for another new Intel architecture (westmere)

Second, do LGA-1366 owners have to worry about the future upgrade etc? Am sure that your processors are not yet tested to reveal their full potential. So, chill. An upgrade requirement for you will be atleast 2yrs away and by then, even if LGA 1366 processors are available in the market, you will be so bored of seeing the same mobo everyday and moreover, more and more upgrades would've happened (sata 6G, PCI3, USB3 and lot more).

So, for core i7 owners, it doesn't make any sense to worry about future upgrades :)

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

thanx all u 3 guys.. topgear, amitash and desii.. :)

yaa, im not at all worried abt any upgrades, not till the next 2 yrs atleast..lol.. jus tat its crazy to see intel launch a huge bombardment of processors on the 1156 and 1366 sockets thereby (again) makin it extremely difficult for new consumers to get easily confused with the various "core ixxx" processors.. lol...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^wlcm, here is the article regarding westmere architecture and has Intel slidshow in it.

*www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=668

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

@ desiibond - thanks for the link buddy :p

official

In the zone

well then i decided to go for i7...coool!!!

but i donno which ddr3 ram to choose for coz after getting the proc+mobo i'll be having 13k inr left . And i also need to hav a good cabinet for the price.
Plz guys help me.i'm not planning to go beyond 6k for cabinet.
I saw few of the brands like nzxt, thermaltake or coolermaster.
Dunno if they are available in kolkata or not??:(
I need a good airflow cabinet coz ill be upgrading to gtx295 or something in sli if prices comes down.
does anyone know the cheapest price of gtx295??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

CM 690 should be a great buy for cabinet for 4.5k
go for Corsair or OCZ RAM

also, i think two GTX260's or even two GT250's can easily match GTX295

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

^I don't think so coz to match the performance of GTX295 you need to have 2x GTX 275 in sli :p

official

In the zone

Does the cm690 has a side window?? And top fan included in the bundle?
Any cpu cooler with led that aint too costly for i7 & cool too :)???
Are nzxt cabinets available in kolkata,I was really impressed with the looks of guardian 921
Dunno about their performance though.
any ati card thats stable and worth mentioning??Are they still suffering the crappy driver issues??I disregarded Ati only for over heating & power + driver issues,otherwise they are best bang for bucks :(
Does anyone know gtx295 price plz???
Any suggestions are welcome.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

^^there are two models in that. One with transparent side panel and one without. price difference is around 500 bucks I think.

HD4890 and GTX275 are identical. But you better wait another week for HD5850 and HD5870 which are going to be priced at 200$ and 300$. These are 40nm cards like HD4770 and HD4770 runs really really cool and is damn good at power management.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner

Does the cm690 has a side window?? And top fan included in the bundle?
Any cpu cooler with led that aint too costly for i7 & cool too :)???
Are nzxt cabinets available in kolkata,I was really impressed with the looks of guardian 921
Dunno about their performance though.
any ati card thats stable and worth mentioning??Are they still suffering the crappy driver issues??I disregarded Ati only for over heating & power + driver issues,otherwise they are best bang for bucks :(
Does anyone know gtx295 price plz???
Any suggestions are welcome.

yup, as desii said there are 2 models, one with the side panel cutout in glass wich will cost u exactly Rs.4400/- and one without the side panel cutout in glass a.k.a a normal cabinet with the slot for 2 side fans (as compared to jus one side fan in the glass cutout CM690) will cost u Rs.4200/-

see this pic for the CM690 cabinet without the side panel cutout in glass, (the cabinet on the table) the left side if u see carefully, u will see 2 fan slots)

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2541/3847413905_97931fc8d5_b.jpg

(source: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118889&page=8 )
my best of buddies here at TDF: tarey_g's post number 216 in the SHOWOFF thread (chit chat section) :)

But believe me wen u add LED fans to ur CM690, then a side panel cutout is a MUST as u can see here in my pics (i hv not put the side glass cover ON) but still jus for ur eyes only..lol...

top fan slot-1 with LED's ---> *img504.imageshack.us/i/dsc01347medium.jpg/
my entire rig (side view) ---> *img222.imageshack.us/i/dsc01346medium.jpg/

-------------

afaik there are no cpu coolers WITH LEDs.. plz spare the cooler, lol.. :D

the current price of Zotac gtx295 is Rs.29,000/-

---------

Cheers n e-peace....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

hmm. 30k is damn high price given that GTX275 can drive a FullHD easily without any efforts and it costs half that price.

When the visual difference between GTX275 and GTX295 isn't that much visible, the extra 15k bucks is totally worthless unless you do gaming using a dual monitor setup.

add to that bigger PSU needed.

Top Bottom