The Official ATI RV770 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
@shantanu@

what will be the payment method.

& if i pick it up from dehradun can you get it at 13.5k?

Yeah this is a great option for all potential buyers of HD4870! If 4870 is selling for 13500?- in dehradun, then also its a great price. I mean one can actually go there & buy it from there, this one is still be cheaper.
Or Shantanu can make it a GO!

How can you expect someone to sell you a product at its cost price when he doesn't even KNOW you ?

No offense but How many people know each other in bazaar section of the forum? It's just a matter of trust my friend!

Last edited:

regenade

Broken In
^^dude ! the price he gave me was his own buy ! is he your relative or a social worker to spend shipping without his profit and even pay from his own pocket ! no way !

I told because he quoted 13.8k tax paid to me on phone ! And ya 13.5k was only for u,why did u post the price then :( and now 16k gr8 going...after all we dont know each other well....so why care & help anybody. Gr8 comment on the event of Independence day ...long live Digit forum ...what attitude u ppl have...that also from Mods!

shantanu

Technomancer
my mistake i gave you his phone no. ! he told me not to leak the prices.. and the thread was edited on users request ! he never quoted you anything like that ! he told me that he told you that he gave me the card treating me as a family member , as he would buy for himself.. everyone helps everyone here !!!

and call him right now to ask what did he quote me for other ? you have his no. !

Last edited:

imgame2

Padawan
here is how the palit 4850 sonic(pre overclocked version) looks and perform available @ 11k at lynx now

*forum.palit.biz/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=196&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

by any means its a cool i guess.

allanb4me

Right off the assembly line
First post edited ! guys my dealer is ready to sell the card at 10500/- and he will provide the Bill with it :D !

but let us find 5 to 10 orders :D ! pease PM me ! and also suggest ...

also he is ready at 15k for 4870 :D

i m ready for this price..
hey but make doubly sure tat this is gddr5... coz @ lamington rd there is 4870 gddr3.. @ tat price..

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
here is how the palit 4850 sonic(pre overclocked version) looks and perform available @ 11k at lynx now

*forum.palit.biz/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=196&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

by any means its a cool i guess.

Thanks for sharing the review. The card looks good. Want to see benches...real time stuff like Crysis, UT3..! :)

forever

filth is me
According to AMD, even its watered down .v.ersion of the R700 with DDR3 memory will make short work of Nvidia'a flagship GTX280.

The company claims a performance lead of anywhere from 8 to 34 percent in current titles against the GTX280. As the HD4850 X2 is set to sell at $399, or around €270-290 in the EU, this sounds like an impressive score. The card runs at 625MHz, and unlike the HD4870 X2, it features 2GB of cheaper DDR3 memory, which goes a long way in keeping the cost down.

There's also a chance vendors will offer a 1GB version, but this doesn't seem very likely, although it would allow vendors to offer it at an even more attractive price. Even with 2GB the new card will probably provide you with the best price/performance ratio in the high end.

Much has been said about the R700 lately, but the DDR3 flavored HD4850 X2 might just be the card to hit the sweet spot. It will end up significantly cheaper than the HD4870 X2, but it will still pack enough punch to outperform the GTX280 while selling for some €50 less.

The only downside is that you'll have to wait a bit more to actually get one. We're exepecting it to hit retail sometime in the second half of September, but it looks like the wait will be worthwile indeed.

HD4850 X2 outperforms GTX280

toofan

Technomancer
Hello guys check this link and then post your replies.

I had got this link from our own digit forum:D. I am posting it here because its the most appropriate place for this link.

*techgage.com/article/palit_radeon_hd_4870_x2_1gb_-_amd_reclaims_gpu_supremacy/10

I must say Its pure killing. Murder of GTX280.:p

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The Green Company is slowly getting slaughtered by the Reds. Cannot wait for the defense..what will nVidia strike back with...! Mm..interesting...! Though the 4870 X2 costs around $100 more.

imgame2

Padawan
The Green Company is slowly getting slaughtered by the Reds. Cannot wait for the defense..what will nVidia strike back with...! Mm..interesting...! Though the 4870 X2 costs around $100 more.

if nVidia has to survive it will have to fight back,PhysX and Cuda looks good on paper but does nothing extraordinary in a gameplay.

and prices will come down for 4870X2 and gtx280 initial cost was $600 while 4870X2 is only $500....but yes 4870X2 placed directly against gtx280 will kill it!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Or it could be..who hits the 45nm fabrication process first.

Smaller die cores...packed with more transistors (harder to control electrical components..but more efficient) :)

toofan

Technomancer
Now who is going to buy hd 4870x2 just now. I don't think there will be many and same is the case with gtx280.

But after few months 4870x2 will come down then it would be a piece of large:D cake.

forever

filth is me
Or it could be..who hits the 45nm fabrication process first.

Smaller die cores...packed with more transistors (harder to control electrical components..but more efficient) :)

ATI would be going straight to 40nm fabrication next from 55nm. Source

OP
B

Blackfire

Journeyman
Guys good news MSI India Launches ATI Radeon R4870 with 1GB DDR5 Memory but i don't know its price?

Status
Not open for further replies.