The Official ATI RV770 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgame2

Padawan
sapphire HD4870x2

sapphire HD4870x2 has arrived in india ...its now available at 29.6k (including shipping ) which is cheaper or almost same as the price of GTX280's best available price in india .....looks like nvidia has no card for competition for R770 variants .. atleast in india

• no one is buying 9800GTX+ still costing 12.5k mininum and avalability poor across the country ....and HD4850 is 3k cheap ...and 9800gtx+ looks only strong on paper with 5-6 fps more ...5-6 fps more for 3k .....who will buy it ??

• in india HD4870 still costs less than gtx260 ....about 3k,HD4870 is better card than gtx260 anyday ..the only way to beat this card in US was to bring the price of gtx260 equal to HD4870 ...which they did in US ...u get both HD4870 and gtx260 at same price now in US....but here nvidia doesn't seem to care to do so in india ...

• HD4870x2 cheaper than GTX280 says it all ...

nVidia is giving no competition whatsoever in terms of aggressive price cuts to ATI ...with R770 still to come for budget market ....ATI will be hoping to take over the control completely from nVidia ..even though for a time being....

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
not that i m aware of....soon palit and gecube models will be available for much less perhaps for 25k or so ..for this beast !!

find it here.... *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2880

Is there any other company which is selling 4870X2 in India?

nothing as of yet!

Sapphire is a company that is respectable enough to qualify for a buy. Its one of the best. But yes, the moment GeCube and Palit enter, we will see aggressive price cuts.

+123! agreed bro!

imgame2

Padawan
find it here.... *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=2880

nothing as of yet!

+123! agreed bro!
my dear friend ...thats what i revived this thread for to tell that 4870x2 has arrived in India ...but someone was asking if another company is available for that i said not that i m aware of ..:)

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
Gainward also making ATi cards, starting from 4-series. I don't know if it is available but its GLH & Golden Samples are few of the best cards available & don't cost much than stock versions but i think they can easily compete with the best ATi cards.

imgame2

Padawan
Gainward also making ATi cards, starting from 4-series. I don't know if it is available but its GLH & Golden Samples are few of the best cards available & don't cost much than stock versions but i think they can easily compete with the best ATi cards.

gainward is a division of PALIT (look here )..before they only used to make nVidia chip based card ..but now going to make ATI cards too ....AFAIK Xpertvision (another division of Palit for branding Europe) and Palit cards are identical ...but gainward's golden sample card comes with dual slot cooler and is also pre-Oced to 700MHz against 625 stock ...the card costs 25 euro's more than referance HD4850 so i expect it to cost about 3k more here in india ......it will intereseting option to other OC version like sapphire Toxic...

imgame2

Padawan
toxic still isnt avaialble here :(
and btw,imgame2,y dont u add a siggy wid our system config? :)

actually there is nothing much tell about my config ..so i m not putting it up here ...

i have C2D E7200 with intel DG31PR mobo,3Gb(2GB+1GB) kingston DDR2 800MHz RAM,160GB seagate SATA HDD,palit HD4850,corsair Vx450 W,Asus 2014L1T lightscribe DVD-RW.

that all ...i hope i did not miss anything

only thing i m missing right now is WD-640 GB (will buy it pretty soon) and a good mobo to overclock ...will buy till next year ..i hope till then these things suffice..

and i heard u were looking for mouse and keyboard ....i m also looking for mouse and keyboard and the logitech G1 gaming combo which KPOWER suggest looks a agood option to me ...what say ...??

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
actually there is nothing much tell about my config ..so i m not putting it up here ...

i have C2D E7200 with intel DG31PR mobo,3Gb(2GB+1GB) kingston DDR2 800MHz RAM,160GB seagate SATA HDD,palit HD4850,corsair Vx450 W,Asus 2014L1T lightscribe DVD-RW.

that all ...i hope i did not miss anything

only thing i m missing right now is WD-640 GB (will buy it pretty soon) and a good mobo to overclock ...will buy till next year ..i hope till then these things suffice..

and i heard u were looking for mouse and keyboard ....i m also looking for mouse and keyboard and the logitech G1 gaming combo which KPOWER suggest looks a agood option to me ...what say ...??

u r a sweet person!
that IS the combo i m looking at.can u inquire abt the local prices of the g1 gaming combo?

forever

filth is me
Catalyst 8.10 beta drivers are out. If reports are to be believed, these drivers bring a marked improvement in crysis preformance :p

Vista
Xp

imgame2

Padawan
Earlier the price of HD4850 was 9.2k shown in www.theitwares.com but now from sometime they have changed it to 9.75k + 150shipping charges.

Why so?

cos dollar became stronger against rupee ...everything is going costlier ..cos of that ..i asked the price of logitech G1 gaming mouse and keyboard combo today ..its 1.5k today ...two weeks before it was 1.25k in the same shop ...the shop owner told me that ...everything is getting costlier ...

forever

filth is me
Didn't get a chance to. One notable feature added to CCC is the manual fan control through a slider :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom