The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I wanted to purchase one Antivirus for my Windows 7 based desktop to prevent from occasional pen driver virus etc. I bought NOD32 4.0 Antivirus today. Its a 2 user license

D

Deleted member 26636

I wanted to purchase one Antivirus for my Windows 7 based desktop to prevent from occasional pen driver virus etc. I bought NOD32 4.0 Antivirus today. Its a 2 user license

whats the price?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
^^^ some users prefer to use a more modern OS :D

@shekhar, it costs Rs 1,800. I got one through MVP distribtion license. Total of 2 license

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Do you experience significant slow down when using it? Cause i use to have zonealarm before but my pc really having trouble to cope with the slowness that cause by the ZA

Yes my PC slows down bu it is worth it. I don't want to uninstall it because I have not seen any antivirus like this which gives all round protection. I find it better than Kaspersky Internet Security.:)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
HI

my system was infected by autorun.inf virus and i have cleaned it with avg 8 free. however, my system is still not showing the hidden files and folders and changing the setting in the folder options is not working. plz help.

my os is windows xp sp3.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
The same thing happened to me as well until I got rid of that autorun.inf. I was infected by boot.com virus.

Maybe the registry settings are changed or maybe the virus changed the file sharing option. If you don't have the access to administrative privileges you won't be able to change your ability to access or change contents.
You can do three things.....

1. Try to System Restore to an old time when your PC wasn't infected.

2. You could also download Noob Killer and do a 8-X Kill to wipe any symptons of virus left

Here's the link www.freewarefiles.com/Noob-Killer_program_42299.html

3. Download Virus Effect Remover. Here you can easily change back to previous state by altering any changes caused by a virus.

Here's the link www.freewarefiles.com/Virus-Effect-Remover_program_45744.html

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
HI

my system was infected by autorun.inf virus and i have cleaned it with avg 8 free. however, my system is still not showing the hidden files and folders and changing the setting in the folder options is not working. plz help.

my os is windows xp sp3.
Hi, u just cleaned the virus. Can u tell me the name of it.
And, for ur recent probs, please visit this thread. Ur answer are given by first question.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

P

priyadarshi

Kaspersky suxx for some noob pirates...its good for legal/commercial use
i prefer NOD32+Comodo-best combo

Kaspersky is a really good (cheap and best) product i used Kaspersky Intenet Security 7.0 and now the validity period has expired after keeping me secure for 365 days. i've recommended few of my friends and collegue for Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 after having a nice experience with it. but some of them reported that when they reinstalled the product after formatting their PC they weren't able to register the key again as it said they've exceeded the limit and rest of them reported that they didn't get the mail from Kaspersky containing the personal cabinet's ID and password. Few also reported that they weren't able to installed in third PC. Though such packs i returned back to my vendor and replaced it to new one. Also there is no toll free number for the support and none of my friiend got any positive response through mail. The support numbers are from Hyderabad and available only during working hours. Also they can't help you on telephone, they just ask to send mail regarding the issue with purchase details (enclosing scanned copy of Activation Code, Box's back cover and Bill). And you've no other opion just to wait for their reply which never comes or to purchase it again).

No doubt that KIS kept me secure for one year and i never had any virus sort of problem after installing it, and others whom i recommended were also happy during the period it was activated and workiing. but it really suxx like u said. Now I've to purchase a new license but i can't take chance so now thinking of getting AVG Internet Security (of course a licensed one.) or some other who offers best techincal support round the clock.

Can u friends plz suggest me a good one?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
^ Why don't you buy Zone Alarm 8. It is offer the best all round protection to your PC. It has got Anti-Virus which offers On-Access detection, Anti- Spyware, Avery good firewall, E-mail protection, IM Security, Cookie controller, Ad- Blocker, Identity Protection, Parental Control and different type of alerts which you can set according to your needs. I am using it from 1 year and it has never given a problem but ofcourse your system will slow a bit but it is worth it. Therefore see if you buy it or not!!! Ofcourse a trial version is available for download. You can find it in Zone Alarm's official website.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Forgot to mention that it also contains Mobile code control and Automatic Lock.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
oh boy zone alrm,the great pc killer,even sluggish than norton bloats of the past,for me eset smart security v4 or nis2009,otherwise nod32 av v2.7or v4,outpost pro firewall n one on demand antispy like spyware doc....n some common sense

prateek007391

In the zone
hi guys
My NOD32 Antivirus License is about to expire (yes..legal copy :) )
Can you'll recommend a free alternative?
I'm stuck between AVG & Avira......
PS. The Kaspersky "free copy from barclays" prob has already been detected :(
So no KIS for me too

don't go for AVG,

Try Avast or AntivirPE free versions of those are better however even I am not sure which is better Avast or Antivir

Status
Not open for further replies.