The Official Antivirus Thread

Which one of the following is the best according to you

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhay

Right off the assembly line
help i recently installed kaspersky internet security then after it expires i unstalled that and install avg then remove avg and install bitdefender

when i remove bitdefender and trying to install the KIS, i cant install it, saying that i already have avg which is i remove already, i think i didnt remove totally the avg..

i use avast free antivirus and with it spybot search and destroy antispyware. From long period i have no problem i think This is the BEST COMBO security for a PC in free category.

mittyr

silentFOX
I have no active AV's at any time. But have a good combo for quick scan if any extra activity.

- Trojan Remover
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware
- McAfee Virusscan Enterprise
- Comodo Firewall (Only)

Trojan Remover & Malwarebytes combo will take care of most stuff.

jbohaj

Broken In
Hi, Is it possible that Avast may cause BSOD??.

To experiment, I am planning to install Kaspersky. Should I install ''Internet Security" OF Kaspersky or should I install its ''Antivirus"??. Which is Good among them?? People here told that they have only Kas-Sky Internet Security. Is it sufficient??. I heard that Kaspersky can be install only in a fresh formatted partition. And If you need to install it again you need to format the partition! Is it true??. PC Config is

Intel Pentium - D, 2.8 Ghz
RAM = 2.5 GB.

Will Kaspersky slow down PC or Not??

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi, Is it possible that Avast may cause BSOD??.
No idea. With windows, any s/w can cause BSOD.

To experiment, I am planning to install Kaspersky. Should I install ''Internet Security" OF Kaspersky or should I install its ''Antivirus"??.
Internet security would be my choice.
Which is Good among them??
Both of them are good. Antivirus has only Antivirus and Antispyware but Internet security has everything.
People here told that they have only Kas-Sky Internet Security. Is it sufficient??.
Enough
I heard that Kaspersky can be install only in a fresh formatted partition. And If you need to install it again you need to format the partition! Is it true??.
False
PC Config is

Intel Pentium - D, 2.8 Ghz
RAM = 2.5 GB.

Will Kaspersky slow down PC or Not??
It should not.

jbohaj

Broken In
To Rhitwick
Both of them are good. Antivirus has only Antivirus and Antispyware but Internet security has everything.

Is it means to say that Internet Security have a Antivirus too??. If not then how system can be scanned for virus?.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
To Rhitwick
Is it means to say that Internet Security have a Antivirus too??. If not then how system can be scanned for virus?.
Yes, it has an antivirus.
All "Internet Security Suite" of every A/V company includes Antivirus in them.
Don't worry buy KIS2009 and have a peaceful night and day.

Rahim

Married!
Here is a problem. I installed Windows 7 RC and installed Kasperksy Beta Version too. Now it just pops up warning message like changes in svchost and it becomes quite irritating. So how should i disable such pop-ups?

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
Kaspersky 7 was light enough to run perfectly fine on my old PIII 733MHz 256MB SD RAM computer without affecting performance.(Though i must admit it had limited performance in the first place).

NucleusKore

TheSaint
If you would like to try out Mcafee beta for a few months (till December 31st 2009) visit *beta.mcafee.com and sign up. You'll get to download the beta version immediately after verifying your email.

Guys, hows G-Data Internet Security Suite?
Is it better than KIS?

and,

What can be "Free" alternative for KIS?
I dont think any AV can replace KIS :|
You could try Avira (lite and nice) or AVG(rugged but reliable)
I had a bad experience with avast! (far too many false positives for my liking :|) so I would not recommend that.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I dont think any AV can replace KIS :|
You could try Avira (lite and nice) or AVG(rugged but reliable)
I had a bad experience with avast! (far too many false positives for my liking :|) so I would not recommend that.
Hmmm....after so many days???:-(

I've already bought KIS:smile:. Was thinking about G-Data, but none replied here so scarped the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom