The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

Ruben

Broken In
@rohitshubham....the 8730m has a unigine heaven 2.1 benchmark score of 21.1 to 23.8 fps.what is the score of the gt 740.can u please tell.cause in the internet the gt740 having the kepler architecture is only reviewed not the one in the z500.

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
@rohit can you tell me what fps and temps you are getting in crysis 3 at different settings ??
Thanks a lot, the information you gave is really helpful.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
@rohitshubham....the 8730m has a unigine heaven 2.1 benchmark score of 21.1 to 23.8 fps.what is the score of the gt 740.can u please tell.cause in the internet the gt740 having the kepler architecture is only reviewed not the one in the z500.
i am sorry but i don't have data on uni engine heaven :(
but you can check rough data by decreasing 10-15% on the scoress of gk-107 version

Ruben

Broken In
I ordered the laptop today at flipkart .the one with 1 gb graphics.hope its not a bad choice.i hope its better than 2gb 7670m. :)

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
I ordered the laptop today at flipkart .the one with 1 gb graphics.hope its not a bad choice.i hope its better than 2gb 7670m. :)
Nice choice, HAve you looked at the laptop, it's superb, and i am not talking only about configuration but looks and design and sleekness :)

Ruben

Broken In
yes dats right.if you have hitman absolution or tomb raider or sleeping dogs can you tell me the fps you are getting :)

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
crysis 3 too ^_^' thats the game I want to play so desperately right now, but my pc cant run it lol.
yeah i am arranging for it , you know i could get pirated ones easily but they are full of bugs and hence they don't really give true FPS. I am looking for orginal one which you know is bit difficult to find and i have sleeping dogs demo, i will install it .

RON28

Cyborg Agent
people i checked notebookcheck, and there gt 740m is of 128 Bit bus width with higher bandwidth.

*i42.tinypic.com/2qa4al1.jpg

so people who are interested in this new lenovo laptops should know what they are going to get.
according to me you should look at this two laptops in local market to get cheap, they can be good for medium to high settings gaming.
Lenovo Z500 with GT 645M (close to GT 650M)

Dell Inspiron 14R SE, VFM laptop with style statement.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
people i checked notebookcheck, and there gt 740m is of 128 Bit bus width with higher bandwidth.

*i42.tinypic.com/2qa4al1.jpg

so people who are interested in this new lenovo laptops should know what they are going to get.
according to me you should look at this two laptops in local market to get cheap, they can be good for medium to high settings gaming.
Lenovo Z500 with GT 645M (close to GT 650M)

Dell Inspiron 14R SE, VFM laptop with style statement.
:facepalm::facepalm:
seriously,
we have been discussing this for the past 2 pages that lenovo z500 comes with 64 bit bandwidth.
Looks like the 128 bit version(Older one) does not support Cuda and DirectCompute 5.0(sad indeed :( ) and also has a GPU clock which is 170MHz slower.
also dell is of 14' inches, not good for gaming at all and z500 with 645m is 5k Rs more costly and there are other options with 650m at 51k.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
locally its cheaper if you have bargaining skills.

and you are mad? Nvidia 6 series do support cuda and physx.
here is my screenshot
*i39.tinypic.com/zuw07.jpg

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
locally its cheaper if you have bargaining skills.
ok ... if a guy can buy 50k product for 45k then they can surely buy 45k product for 40k. ;)
and the cuda and DirectCompute options are not checked like they are checked in mine.. GPU z.gif

RON28

Cyborg Agent
you mean to say previous nvidia cards didn't had CUDA cores and Direct compute? they had been discovered for 7 Series graphic card?

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
you mean to say previous nvidia cards didn't had CUDA cores and Direct compute? they had been discovered for 7 Series graphic card?
no, of course i know they are present in many older GPU's but the GPU-Z shows otherwise.
GTX570-470GPU-Z.png.
And do you know that gk208 architecture would be much better for creating a computer performance for calculation and execution of program.
128 bit has floating performance of 622.1 Gflops and 64 bit one has a 752.6GFlops, which would be much faster in compiling and calculating data.
P.S. why the F*** my images do not show up as thumbnails?? i mean how to make them show as thumbnal??

Last edited:

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Look here

*i42.tinypic.com/2hpsh2t.jpg

GT 640M still beats GT 740M, and in gaming GT 640M will perform better.

Iam not saying Gt 740M is not good, but most people what here don't know that GT 740M mentioned on notebookcheck is not what lenovo has in new Z500.

Ruben

Broken In
@rohit...ok install sleeping dogs and post the fps soon!!!!!

@RON....we all know that dude.....and in laptop we need battery backup too alongwth stable temperature.and gt640m fails in both.dats y 740m is preferable although with some sacrifice in performance.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok, My friend with same lappy who brought it for 45k without accessories yesterday has sent me few screen caps on COD MW:2
and Skyrim.
he was saying that it was 30-40 fps outdoors and `50FPS indoors in HIGH settings .
while the MW:2 was in Ultra settings.
mw.jpgSkyrim 2.jpgSkyrim.jpg. Looks like they are pretty decent. :) at least he is satisfied.
how do thumbnails are made to appear... every time a damn link appears of the pic
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11332&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/laptops-netbooks/11333d1373899936-lenovo-z500-gt-740m-thread-skyrim-2.jpg
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11334&stc=1

Last edited:

Hrishi

GT740m should beat a stock 640m in a lot of cases. But try clocking a GT640m clock speed at the same speed as that of GT740m and tell the difference.
Also note the temperature difference.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Rishi. you have a 640m.. how does the temp compare??what FPS did you get and looks like you have overclocked your GPU, so plz tell the fps without the O'clocking... and you should be using a cooler for sure ;)

Top Bottom