The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

awp_sniper

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone!

I am new here.
Nice to see this thread about y510p.
I just ordered it from US the one with 24gb ssd cache without sli.
Paid 962$ for it and will be getting it in mid feb when my relatives visit.

Glad to see all the supportive people here

cyberzero

cheers mate!!! I also got the same model but for 952$ :D (It seems tax is different from state to state) and I'll get it by next weekend. Am so eagerly waiting for it...BTW, welcome to the forum :)

awp_sniper

cheers mate!!! I also got the same model but for 952$ :D (It seems tax is different from state to state) and I'll get it by next weekend. Am so eagerly waiting for it...BTW, welcome to the forum :)

Great!!

Do you know about the warranty details, the website doesn't show this model, although it says that the y500 has intenational warranty.

Secondly, will the same power brick work, or will we have to buy Indian one rated at 220v.

cyberzero

Great!!

Do you know about the warranty details, the website doesn't show this model, although it says that the y500 has intenational warranty.

Secondly, will the same power brick work, or will we have to buy Indian one rated at 220v.

Well, I asked the customer care and they said, the international warranty for y510p is not available in India. Atleast we can have our laptop serviced here in the lenovo service centers but incurs cost.
And, Yes you can use the same power adapter. Only thing needed is, you need a converter to plug in the power cord. Its available in any electrical store which costs only less than Rs.100/.

udit247

Journeyman
Hi everyone!

I am new here.
Nice to see this thread about y510p.
I just ordered it from US the one with 24gb ssd cache without sli.
Paid 962$ for it and will be getting it in mid feb when my relatives visit.

Glad to see all the supportive people here

Welcome to the forum mate!

awp_sniper

Welcome to the forum mate!

Thanks!

Well, I asked the customer care and they said, the international warranty for y510p is not available in India. Atleast we can have our laptop serviced here in the lenovo service centers but incurs cost.
And, Yes you can use the same power adapter. Only thing needed is, you need a converter to plug in the power cord. Its available in any electrical store which costs only less than Rs.100/.

Thanks for the info mate!
Lets hope it all goes well.
Do post your impressions when you get it.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Hi!
So I just booked a Y510p. Will be getting it on 30th.
Just a couple of questions:
1) Are ultrabay accessories available in India? If yes, how much do they cost?
2) Does this laptop have mSATA port?
3) Are the speakers good enough?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi!
So I just booked a Y510p. Will be getting it on 30th.
Just a couple of questions:
1) Are ultrabay accessories available in India? If yes, how much do they cost?
2) Does this laptop have mSATA port?
3) Are the speakers good enough?

1. No.
2. It should have a ngff slot for ssd.
3. Pretty loud.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Okay, so I received the laptop.
One more question:
The shopkeeper said that graphics card won't work when laptop is running on batteries. For playing games, it should be plugged in.
So, how is the performance when it is running on batteries?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Okay, so I received the laptop.
One more question:
The shopkeeper said that graphics card won't work when laptop is running on batteries. For playing games, it should be plugged in.
So, how is the performance when it is running on batteries?

Trash.........even if you disable Optimus from BIOS, the Nvidia GPU will be underclocked automatically on battery and give you crappy frame rates.
Games are meant to be played on a "gaming" laptop when on AC power.

Skullputra

Hello Fellas, I live in Bangalore. Anyone in here who can suggest me good stores where I can buy this laptop. Its quite pricey on Lenovo Authorized Store, about 77K. Will it be a good option to go for the one in Flipkart worth 73K ? Mates here, who live in Bangalore and own this Laptop please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

cyberzero

Thanks!

Thanks for the info mate!
Lets hope it all goes well.
Do post your impressions when you get it.

Happy to type this from my new Y510P :D. This laptop stays amazingly cool on normal usage and heats up only when gaming. Sound is awesome and the display is crystal clear. The red backlit keyboard is gorgeous. I got the Intel 7260 b/g/n Wireless (2x2 BGN) and so the connectivity was very good. Touch pad is not so bad. Battery life is good on normal usage and i get around 4 hours. Pcsx2 runs even without graphics card and so I can able to play all of my favourite PS2 games on the go.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I don't have the Intel wireless, but a qualcomm one. Any idea which one's better? Or does it even make a difference?

If you were , say, living in Japan or US, you would have needed a better wireless card, but with the quality of Internet in India, the stock one is good enough. Highest for mine was on HSPA+ wifi tethering = 8mbps. I have seen as high as 6mbps in hotels(Banglore), but your stock one should be of a higher rating than that.

BTW...........do you mind checking your GPU's ASIC quality using GPU-Z? right click on top bar(which contains close button) and select read ASIC quality in GPU-Z window.

Also, can anyone tell me how high the temps go? Use HWMonitor

priyankgupta

Journeyman
If you were , say, living in Japan or US, you would have needed a better wireless card, but with the quality of Internet in India, the stock one is good enough. Highest for mine was on HSPA+ wifi tethering = 8mbps. I have seen as high as 6mbps in hotels(Banglore), but your stock one should be of a higher rating than that.

BTW...........do you mind checking your GPU's ASIC quality using GPU-Z? right click on top bar(which contains close button) and select read ASIC quality in GPU-Z window.

ASIC quality : 86.1%

Also, I have checked the "context menu on two fingers", but still it is not working.
Should updating the Synaptics drivers solve this issue?

udit247

Journeyman

ASIC quality: 89.0%

hptd1911

Hi guys,

I wanted to downgrade my OS to WIN 7.....
any idea if the recovery partition will be affected??

I wont be resizing/creating any hdd partitions...so after installing win 7 can i still use one key recovery??

Has anyone tried it?:?::?:

priyankgupta

Journeyman
I tried NFS Rivals, but when launching the application, it says "directx device creation error". Anyone else experienced this problem?

Top Bottom