The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

priyankgupta

Journeyman
I can not run any game with 332 drivers. As soon as I degraded it to 311, I could play games with my graphics card.
I use CCleaner for registry cleaning as well as to keep junk files out. That should suffice, I guess.
For defragmentation, would the default utility do the job?

And yes, FRAPS score please!

- - - Updated - - -

Update : I tested NFS Rivals with FRAPS (Full HD, almost every setting at "high").
Min : 25
Max: 31
Average : 28.061

Yet to test NFS MW.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I can not run any game with 332 drivers. As soon as I degraded it to 311, I could play games with my graphics card.
I use CCleaner for registry cleaning as well as to keep junk files out. That should suffice, I guess.
For defragmentation, would the default utility do the job?

And yes, FRAPS score please!

- - - Updated - - -

Update : I tested NFS Rivals with FRAPS (Full HD, almost every setting at "high").
Min : 25
Max: 31
Average : 28.061

Yet to test NFS MW.

Yep those are the expected scores..............go to country area(lots of trees) and score should decrease.

Just tested NFS:R at absolute max settings on Y500 1x750m(1059C/1250M).

Grapevine EastWood 120s benchmark using FRAPS.
Race can be found on the North-East or the top right region of the map or in the HARD category.
Min FPS was when I crashed during the race

Min Max Avg
23 32 27.917

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Mine are
Max-30 fps
Min-30fps
Avg-30.000fps
:p

It cost me exactly 13k to import this card btw.

- - - Updated - - -

And I still don't believe people who are saying that maxed out nfs rivals is running smoothly on a gt755m.

^^
I tried the SLi on my friend's Y500 (did the NI trick for SLi to work) and it wasn't ALWAYS 30.
Try Grapevine Eastwood with 120s Fraps benchmark and you will go through the thick forest stretch where the FPS will surely go below on 2x650M at 790Mhz.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Who said I was on 790?? I am at 1120 core and 1200 memory.
And powerhoney's laptop? And there are other people in India with Gt650m SLI?? :shock:

Well, apart from powerhoney and you another friend of mine (not on TDF) has 650m SLi model imported from Canada.
Did you overvolt to reach that or just modded the vBIOS?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well, apart from powerhoney and you another friend of mine (not on TDF) has 650m SLi model imported from Canada.
Did you overvolt to reach that or just modded the vBIOS?

Just flashed the bios and vBIOS.
I may be the first Indian to add a SLi card to an Indian y500.

My friend who got the SLi model from Canada got it last year and another friend tried the ultrabay GPU in his indian y500 almost an year ago! :p
You might be the first indian to BUY yourself an ultrabay GPU for your indian Y500.
How much higher can you go on stock voltage?
And what is the voltage when you run both the chips at 1120C?

Played NFS:R at absolute max settings for an hour and a half:
Y500 1x750m
1258C/1250M
+200C OC using NI at stock volts(1.0810v)
Max temp 78c
Was sitting on bed in quilt with the laptop on it :p
FPS was averaging around 29 and dropped only when I crashed in the woods.

While experimenting the max I could was something like this:
*i.imgur.com/Kd9D38D.png

Backed off only because FELT for the GPU.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Played NFS:R at absolute max settings for an hour and a half:
Y500 1x750m
1258C/1250M
+200C OC using NI at stock volts(1.0810v)
Max temp 78c
Was sitting on bed in quilt with the laptop on it :p
FPS was averaging around 29 and dropped only when I crashed in the woods.

While experimenting the max I could was something like this:
*i.imgur.com/Kd9D38D.png

Backed off only because FELT for the GPU.

Nice benches. 83 degrees eh? It's the Ultrabay GPU that causes problems not the master one. Now suppose if you run a SLI setup with these clocks, the SLI GPU will probably reach 95-96 and throttle.

In my entire career as an overclocker my main GPU never exceeded 75 degrees post getting the custom cooler.

Nice benches. 83 degrees eh? It's the Ultrabay GPU that causes problems not the master one. Now suppose if you run a SLI setup with these clocks, the SLI GPU will probably reach 95-96 and throttle.

In my entire career as an overclocker my main GPU never exceeded 75 degrees post getting the custom cooler.

I was on bed while playing NFS:R, on a table the temps would be a tad lower, at 1258mhz it didnt cross 78c on bed.
It reached 83c when I pushed it to 1333mhz on core and played NFS:R for some time(~15min).

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I was on bed while playing NFS:R, on a table the temps would be a tad lower, at 1258mhz it didnt cross 78c on bed.
It reached 83c when I pushed it to 1333mhz on core and played NFS:R for some time(~15min).

Ultrabay will still reach above 90 degrees unless you are very lucky and get one with a very high ASIC quality(80-90). Mark my words, the ultrabay will make you cry.

Ultrabay will still reach above 90 degrees unless you are very lucky and get one with a very high ASIC quality(80-90). Mark my words, the ultrabay will make you cry.

Have you considered opening the ultrabay GPU and repasting with AS5 and applying more pressure against the heatsink or even lapping it?
I did it with my home pc (q6600) and Intel Burn Test(this thing really baked the proccy) saw temps fall from high 80s to mid 60s.
I just lapped the CPU along with the heatsink and replaced the LGA775 socket (****)push-pull pins with screws and washers.
Coupled with RMClock it used to run under normal load(web surfing and movies) at temps close to 35-40c in the summers(Kanpur, UP).

If time and equipment permit I will mod the Y500 too.
And definitely the ultrabay GPU if I get one.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Have you considered opening the ultrabay GPU and repasting with AS5 and applying more pressure against the heatsink or even lapping it?
I did it with my home pc (q6600) and Intel Burn Test(this thing really baked the proccy) saw temps fall from high 80s to mid 60s.
I just lapped the CPU along with the heatsink and replaced the LGA775 socket (****)push-pull pins with screws and washers.
Coupled with RMClock it used to run under normal load(web surfing and movies) at temps close to 35-40c in the summers(Kanpur, UP).

If time and equipment permit I will mod the Y500 too.
And definitely the ultrabay GPU if I get one.

I tried but the mobo screw was really tight and I damaged it pretty bad while trying to open it. No one will be able to open it no, it's damaged that badly. Heck I have 3 packs of Copper Thermal Paste lying in the cupboard behind me.

udit247

Journeyman
Well in my case NFS Rivals run butter smooth with every thing maxed out.

Info:
Lenovo Y510P
Nvidia Driver: 332.21
Intel Video Driver: 10.18.10.3379

Tips:
1). Install all OS updates
2). Install all latest 64 bit drivers
3). Try to install all 64 bit softwares where ever possible
4). After all the updates run any good cleaning software and than defragment your HDD or use TRIM if you have SSD.

Can you please post FRAPS FPS results? There is no other way to determine whether it is smooth or not.

Game: NFS Rivals
Avg: 28.962 - Min: 27 - Max: 31
All Settings are maxed out and this includes general game-play including country sides having a lot of trees and grass.
Do you know NFS Rivals is locked at 30 FPS max! Just search on internet.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Game: NFS Rivals
Avg: 28.962 - Min: 27 - Max: 31
All Settings are maxed out and this includes general game-play including country sides having a lot of trees and grass.
Do you know NFS Rivals is locked at 30 FPS max! Just search on internet.

Everyone knows that.
NFS Rivals also gives a lot better gameplay when it is at exactly 30 FPS not 29. Just search on Internet. :p

Something is wrong..........I smell OC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom