The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

ashish12

Right off the assembly line
^^You are most probably the last guy to congratulate on my purchase :-D but thanx for that
1. It is your choice to buy from anywhere you feel like to be. No problem as of now for me except battery life.
2. No problem is there as far as cpu is concerned
3. You could probably wait but pricing will be insane and along that availability is not known in India.
4. I am playing creed 4 on it on at 1080p not yet played bf4 but will be playing soon.
5. Yes it does have a fhd display.

welcome :cool: and thanks for replying.. i'm not the last one to congratulate you eventually :-D
a few more questions coming to my mind :
1)how's the battery life under heavy load and power saver mode
2)did you actually buy your laptop from india as i think it doesn't include 24 GB ssd..
3)the fps in creed 4 at 1080p as i don't
believe notebookcheck.net no more after seeing some wrong benchmarks..

mucinch

Hi guys, I bought a new y510p from Flipkart a few days back, took a week for the laptop to be delivered. everything is good about this laptop except the battery, but that is to be expected from this beast. This is a desktop replacement so it not a problem.

But there is indeed a problem with the touchpad (Synaptics), the bottom-half of the touchpad rattles even with a slight tap. Only 1/3 from the center of the LMB/RMB is usable, the remaining 2/3 just sink in without making a click. Sometimes right click doesn't work, same thing with latest driver from Synaptics website. I called Lenovo CS they took a service request, but suggested I contact FK since it is within 10 days of purchase and ask for a replacement. FK took a return request, but they said they will try to repair it with a "technician" and asked me to wait for 72 hours.

The shipper is PSPL systems in Delhi (through MetroIT) and the MFD is Sep 2013, should I be worried about battery wear? How can I find about it? I used RMclock in the past, but it doesn't work in Windows 8. Should I just be firm in asking for a replacement from FK? I dont want FK "technician" messing around with it. Any help is much appreciated!!!

$hadow

Geek in making
welcome :cool: and thanks for replying.. i'm not the last one to congratulate you eventually :-D
a few more questions coming to my mind :
1)how's the battery life under heavy load and power saver mode
2)did you actually buy your laptop from india as i think it doesn't include 24 GB ssd..
3)the fps in creed 4 at 1080p as i don't
believe notebookcheck.net no more after seeing some wrong benchmarks..
No idea regarding heavy use I once used it when writing the review and it stayed for 1hr 1. min or so I guess. Under powersaver it is giving me about 2.5 hr +
2. I imported my ssd from Canada
3. regarding fps I haven't checked but the game runs fluidly without any visible frame drop.

silverlight4

Broken In
No idea regarding heavy use I once used it when writing the review and it stayed for 1hr 1. min or so I guess. Under powersaver it is giving me about 2.5 hr +

You got 1 hr of backup on internet surfing! Is it normal performance or there's some problem with your battery?

ashish12

2. I imported my ssd from Canada
3. regarding fps I haven't checked but the game runs fluidly without any visible frame drop.

Alright thanks for your i really appreciate it i'll get back to this thread as soon as i get the laptop!

hptd1911

Hi guys,

has anyone tried installing the new nvidia 332.21 driver?? my screen turns black ,flickers during installation and just remains that way even after restart.
Had to boot into recovery and restore factory image.
Did anyone notice this problem?

udit247

Journeyman
Hi guys,

has anyone tried installing the new nvidia 332.21 driver?? my screen turns black ,flickers during installation and just remains that way even after restart.
Had to boot into recovery and restore factory image.
Did anyone notice this problem?

It works perfectly for me as well on GT755M with Windows 8.1

silverlight4

Broken In
if heavy load for you means internet surfing than you are probably wrong. For me it is playing far cry 3 or battlefield 3.

You didn't mention it was heavy load or you were playing far cry when writing the review.

No idea regarding heavy use I once used it when writing the review and it stayed for 1hr 1. min or so I guess.

So without that information, it means internet surfing only.

$hadow

Geek in making
You didn't mention it was heavy load or you were playing far cry when writing the review.

So without that information, it means internet surfing only.
Who on earth will think that surfing is heavy load on the machine?
Because heavy load by itself means a gpu intensive task why am I required to state that I am gaming on it or editing videos.

dr.manoj

Broken In
Who on earth will think that surfing is heavy load on the machine?
Because heavy load by itself means a gpu intensive task why am I required to state that I am gaming on it or editing videos.

Hey shadow
This i hour 1 minute that you got- was it from 100% charge or from 60% charge?

silverlight4

Broken In
This is your original comment.

Where have you said that you got 1hr 1mn. backup under heavy load, you said you got it writing a review. Do you even understand english? If you do, then please start making some sense.

$hadow

Geek in making
This is your original comment.

Where have you said that you got 1hr 1mn. backup under heavy load, you said you got it writing a review. Do you even understand english? If you do, then please start making some sense.

Jesus mate,look toward the context of the first line it says I once used the laptop on heavy usage i.e. gaming when i was writing the review. Apologies if it get mixed up but try to read it again and this time you will get it.