The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

Heh.. I have'nt got a voucher code either.. But I'm not sure calling or emailing is going to help.. I've tried both actually.. Spent over an hour cumulatively on hold, hearing the same 'your call is important' crap.. Never got to speak with anyone though.. Also sent emails.. No reply.. No option left but to sit tight and hope for the best

I saw some place where u can create complaint tickets. I had raised a ticket over there.
But never checked that after i started receiving the items.

Will find and post the link when i get time.. It was there in do-store link itself i think. Not sure. Now in office...

Sam15139

Right off the assembly line
Hi all, I am considering to buy y510p and gift it to my brother who is an avid gamer.

Can anyone throw a light on the gaming performance of this laptop, Tech specs are something that I cant fathom :oops:

Anyone from chennai here ? If so please post the store details :)

udit247

Journeyman
Is anyone using or has considered using a notebook cooler with it?

Yes I am using a Cooler Master Notepal L1 and its performance is good, here's the link
I would suggest using an AC (Air Conditioner) while playing demanding games when things get hot!

Maverick03

Broken In
Yes I am using a Cooler Master Notepal L1 and its performance is good, here's the link
I would suggest using an AC (Air Conditioner) while playing demanding games when things get hot!

Can you tell me how much of a difference you have observed in the temperatures? I am thinking of getting notepal u2 plus.

udit247

Journeyman
Can you tell me how much of a difference you have observed in the temperatures? I am thinking of getting notepal u2 plus.

Well I have noticed around 4-6 degrees difference, You can also checkout Cooler Master Notepal XL cooling pad. Notepal U2 Plus has movable fans which is a big plus for it but don't you think it will be little small for our Y510P!

Maverick03

Broken In
Well I have noticed around 4-6 degrees difference, You can also checkout Cooler Master Notepal XL cooling pad. Notepal U2 Plus has movable fans which is a big plus for it but don't you think it will be little small for our Y510P!

4-6 degrees is quite okay..I am not sure but U2 is for medium sized notebooks right? It should be suitable for 15-16 inches notebooks..

Adi_1

I was ordering from the dostore using my voucher. After filling in the details and everything i checked option of debit and net banking as my order was exceeding around 400 bucks but to my surprise nothing happened in regard to payment gateway. I checked through the online account it shows the order is pending. Do i need to contact support? Anyone who has ordered can you confirm that order shows as pending in the details?

I faced the same issue.
Resolution: Send an e-mail to <offers@thedostore.com>.
They will raise a ticked on the website <*offers.kayako.com>; I think this is Lenovo's support site.

I got a reply within 3 days and the status on thedostore.com is "under progress"

Anyways, I did not face any issue with redeeming either ADP or e-voucher.
ADP warranty was extended to me within 4 days and e-voucher was sent with in 10 days.
I did call Lenovo (1800-3000-9991) twice, first for e-voucher and then for the pending issue, but the both the times the customer care was helpful and the query was resolved within 2-3 days.

Attached is the screenshot of the order. Lenovo order.png

Maverick03

Broken In
I faced the same issue.
Resolution: Send an e-mail to <offers@thedostore.com>.
They will raise a ticked on the website <*offers.kayako.com>; I think this is Lenovo's support site.

I got a reply within 3 days and the status on thedostore.com is "under progress"

Anyways, I did not face any issue with redeeming either ADP or e-voucher.
ADP warranty was extended to me within 4 days and e-voucher was sent with in 10 days.
I did call Lenovo (1800-3000-9991) twice, first for e-voucher and then for the pending issue, but the both the times the customer care was helpful and the query was resolved within 2-3 days.

Attached is the screenshot of the order.View attachment 12353

Thanks man! My problem got solved on its own..i received a mail in day or two saying that transaction has not yet completed and i could complete it using a link given. Now order is under processing.

hptd1911

hi guys..:)

any idea if ultrabay accesories for y510 will b available in india?:-?i was thinking of buying an ultrabay fan...

also.... did any one experience better frame rates with d new 327.23 nvidia drivers....
actually i suffered a lower fps for older titles like unreal 1999 although i play it on integrated gfx...
well had to revert back to d 311 drivers...and it wrked fine
dont understand how nvidia drivers affect playing games on integrated gfx....

suarezian

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hi. Is the y510p released in India? What's it's price? Where can i buy it in Mumbai? And when will the z510 release?

xzibit21

Broken In
Is the ram on y510p expandable from 8gb to 16gb or more ? Im just about to buy one this week and couldn't find out anywhere if it was expandable.

udit247

Journeyman
Hi. Is the y510p released in India? What's it's price? Where can i buy it in Mumbai? And when will the z510 release?

Welcome to this forum, well Lenovo Y510P has been released in India about 40 days ago and for accurate current prices you can check your local as well as online stores. I also believe that Z510 has also been released in india.

abhi_staymetal

hey guys, any of u got an awesome deal on the Y510p laptop?
a local dealer told me that he'd sell it for 71K a week ago.
btw, any other alternatives ?
a lower GPU would be fine but i need a 1080p display.
the Z510 seems to be perfect but i havnt seen any dedicated graphics on its specs on any of the sites, it only says intel graphics! :-?

Top Bottom