The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

udit247

Journeyman
I have updated my PC's Nvidia GeForce GT 755M drivers to recently released 327.23 and got the following bench marking results:

Cinebench 11.5

GPU: 55.70 FPS
CPU (Multi Core): 6.58
CPU (Single Core): 1.51
MP Ratio: 4.37
Screenshot:
*i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g451/iHack3R/Cinebench_zps932eaed2.jpg

3DMark 2013

Ice Storm: 72210 (Graphics Score: 110653 & Physics Score: 32587)
Cloud Gate: 10210 (Graphics Score: 14682 & Physics Score: 4942)
Fire Strike: 2003 (Graphics Score: 2085, Physics Score: 6765 & Combined Score: 853)
Screenshot:
*i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g451/iHack3R/3DMark_zpsd6788ed0.jpg

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
I have updated my PC's Nvidia GeForce GT 755M drivers to recently released 327.23 and got the following bench marking results:

Cinebench 11.5

GPU: 55.70 FPS
CPU (Multi Core): 6.58
CPU (Single Core): 1.51
MP Ratio: 4.37
Screenshot:
*i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g451/iHack3R/Cinebench_zps932eaed2.jpg

3DMark 2013

Ice Storm: 72210 (Graphics Score: 110653 & Physics Score: 32587)
Cloud Gate: 10210 (Graphics Score: 14682 & Physics Score: 4942)
Fire Strike: 2003 (Graphics Score: 2085, Physics Score: 6765 & Combined Score: 853)
Screenshot:
*i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g451/iHack3R/3DMark_zpsd6788ed0.jpg

so did you notice any performance gains in games with the new driver (327.23) ?

diya.r

Broken In
Isn't there is any certain date for evouchers redemption?

this is the info on the do gear offer website about the evouchers

"•Do Gear Offer valid only for purchases made between 26th June 2013 to 30th September 2013 (both days inclusive)
•Last day for registrations 15th October 2013 (Only for purchases made till 30th September 2013)
•Successfully verified customers can redeem their e-vouchers till 31st Oct 2013"

$hadow

Geek in making
this is the info on the do gear offer website about the evouchers

"•Do Gear Offer valid only for purchases made between 26th June 2013 to 30th September 2013 (both days inclusive)
•Last day for registrations 15th October 2013 (Only for purchases made till 30th September 2013)
•Successfully verified customers can redeem their e-vouchers till 31st Oct 2013"

Than why the hell they are not sending my vouchers??

$hadow

Geek in making
that's not you headache buddy, you have done your part by registering on the site and mentally keep the products you want to buy in case they send your e-code on 31st

Yeah seems true. But I had already selected the products I want but just waiting for the codes.

udit247

Journeyman
so did you notice any performance gains in games with the new driver (327.23) ?

New update increases 5-8 fps on current games, so its performance is not much noticeable to the naked eyes.

Yeah seems true. But I had already selected the products I want but just waiting for the codes.

Just wait patiently a little longer you will definitely receive your ADP and Voucher codes, it may take a month from the date of registration and another month to receive your selected products.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Today i got my ADP registration confirmation by mail... Thanks to shadow

no voucher code till yet

Btw will i receive voucher code since I've already received Lenovo bag, Lenovo wireless mouse and Lenovo headset....???

Maverick03

Broken In

no voucher code till yet

Btw will i receive voucher code since I've already received Lenovo bag, Lenovo wireless mouse and Lenovo headset....???

Hey can you please tell me how should i register for ADP?

$hadow

Geek in making
Hey can you please tell me how should i register for ADP?

just open thedostore website and click on registration.
Do Gear Program here

no voucher code till yet

Sounds good and please again so need to say thanks.

Maverick03

Broken In
Close call! The ADP offer was going off in like few hours. Thanks shadow or else i would have missed it.

So did anyone redeemed their vouchers? In my mail it says its valid till 30 sept.

Guys,
Anybody bought second HDD caddy ?

I thought it is 9.5 mm we need to go for. but there are 12.5mm and 9.5mm.

1. 9.5mm

2.12.5mm

3. My question would be which one to buy from these ?

4. Amzon
Or any indian Sites that is having reasonable price and will be compatible with out 510P ?

Last edited:

udit247

Journeyman
Guys,
Anybody bought second HDD caddy ?

I thought it is 9.5 mm we need to go for. but there are 12.5mm and 9.5mm.

1. 9.5mm

2.12.5mm

3. My question would be which one to buy from these ?

4. Amzon
Or any indian Sites that is having reasonable price and will be compatible with out 510P ?

First of all I would like to thank you for letting us know about such thing exists, now I can safely go with the lower space performance SSD without sacrificing HDD space.
Y510P has 9.5mm 1.0TB SATA II Seagate HDD so a 9.5mm slot should be recommended and other than this I can't comment, hope this helps!

First of all I would like to thank you for letting us know about such thing exists, now I can safely go with the lower space performance SSD without sacrificing HDD space.
Y510P has 9.5mm 1.0TB SATA II Seagate HDD so a 9.5mm slot should be recommended and other than this I can't comment, hope this helps!
Y500 has an extra mSATA slot........ So i think Y510p has it too because Y510p also has HDD + SSD combination available

I upgraded from my HDD to SSD only after seeing these things. :mrgreen:
I was in office and wanted to confirm this was 9.5 mm. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Y500 has an extra mSATA slot........ So i think Y510p has it too because Y510p also has HDD + SSD combination available

Do we have HDDs that can fit into this space ?
Or you are talking about fitting the msata SSD ? These SSds are costly, ryt ?

sabre23

Right off the assembly line
Guys I have purchased Y510p last week. I am facing one problem , on battery DOTA 2 Lags too much.
On AC power it works great. i have checked Nvidia settings panel, DOTA 2 always use Nvidia GPU in both case(battery and AC).

Does anyone have any solution?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Guys I have purchased Y510p last week. I am facing one problem , on battery DOTA 2 Lags too much.
On AC power it works great. i have checked Nvidia settings panel, DOTA 2 always use Nvidia GPU in both case(battery and AC).

Does anyone have any solution?

try forcing dota to use HD 4600 via the nvidia control panel.
the dGPU is downclocked when the laptop is running on battery.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
anyone tried to oc the CPU ?, i did mine to 3.61 Ghz with an XTU score of 730, but yesterday my system got restarted while playing some games and intel watchdog timer reset my cpu clocks to default again, guess this is a problem with haswell.

Top Bottom