The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

anaklusmos

Youngling
according to some websites z510 will have the same GPU as z500, ie, GT 740M.
The US lenovo website though has Z510 model only with Intel HD

anirbanhere

Broken In
hey guys, any of u got an awesome deal on the Y510p laptop?
a local dealer told me that he'd sell it for 71K a week ago.
btw, any other alternatives ?
a lower GPU would be fine but i need a 1080p display.
the Z510 seems to be perfect but i havnt seen any dedicated graphics on its specs on any of the sites, it only says intel graphics! :-?

Can you tell me if the concerned place is on kolkata or not? Because i will be buying y510 today, wanted to know some best buy locations in kolkata for y510. Anyone pls suggest me some shops!

Gtb93

In the zone
It says 1 year onsite to 3 year CC Carry in. You sure about this? Wouldn't want to lose the adp. :S

udit247

Journeyman
It says 1 year onsite to 3 year CC Carry in. You sure about this? Wouldn't want to lose the adp. :S

The base warrany that comes with the product is 1 year onsite but after getting extended warranty you will get 1st year onsite while the rest carry-in.

hptd1911

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys.....

I have noticed the left speaker volume go down on ma y510 when its heated.....
Does happen a lot while playing games,when portion under and around the left speaker gets hot due to the exhaust
however....the speaker retains its volume level as d machine cools down....
has anyone had this problem...or is it normal??:-(

diya.r

Broken In
i finally received my ADP warranty and the 2-year Extended warranty had purchased through the e-voucher. just awaiting the delivery of the remaining products i ordered. hope they ship it soon. I'm sure most purchases and warranty extensions will be made by the month end. and wow look at how prices have dropped for this machine. just go ahead and make the purchase everyone. its a brilliant laptop

tushar1

hi friends.

i want to buy y510p or y500,,but i am little confuse...i have some questions..please help on them...

1. what is difference between y510p and y500..
-- only difference is CPU 3rd gen 2.2 GHz and 4th 2.4 GHz and display one is HD Display and one is Full HD Display.
--everything else are same..both have same Nvidia GT 750 GPU (flipkart Specifications)..

2.i heard that lenovo discontinue y500..so its available if some one have stock...but price is still between 67 to 70k..

3.so if y500 is discontinue so in future (till diwali) y510p price will drop..

4.i live in ahmedabad y510p price is still 75k (two week ago ) and 76k (price is three day ago).. i never heard price 75k below..

5.final question is which one should i buy..and buy now or wait..

udit247

Journeyman
i finally received my ADP warranty and the 2-year Extended warranty had purchased through the e-voucher. just awaiting the delivery of the remaining products i ordered. hope they ship it soon. I'm sure most purchases and warranty extensions will be made by the month end. and wow look at how prices have dropped for this machine. just go ahead and make the purchase everyone. its a brilliant laptop

Good to know that!:)
Today I have also received my ADP warranty and a few days back 2 year extended warranty. I have also received one out of three products that I have ordered a little more than a month ago.

What is sli version...?
And what is ultrabay..

Help in this confusion as i'm gonna buy it soon...

SLI: You can add one more same make & model graphics card (SLI is the name used for NVidia while Crossfire for ATI graphics cards).
Ultrabay: The socket in select Lenovo notebooks where you can add additional Graphics card to enable SLI or DVD/Blu-ray Drive or Fan or Hard Drive.

Last edited:

tech0freak0

tech is in mah bl00d
how many versions of y510p available in India???
Tell me about extended warranty offer....
and What free gifts u got with laptop from shop?

udit247

Journeyman
how many versions of y510p available in India???
Tell me about extended warranty offer....
and What free gifts u got with laptop from shop?

1. Only one version of Y510P is available in India.
2. Free extended warranty offer is over now.
3. Lenovo Bag, Mouse, Keypad lamination, Headphone with mic & Cleaning kit.

tech0freak0

tech is in mah bl00d
Thank you guys for help....I got y510p for 70k in Chandigarh.
But it has GPU:Nvidia 755gt ...... But on flipkart and thedostore GPU: 750gt....?????

Where is ultrabay slot i couldn't find any?

$hadow

Geek in making
Thank you guys for help....I got y510p for 70k in Chandigarh.
But it has GPU:Nvidia 755gt ...... But on flipkart and thedostore GPU: 750gt....?????

Where is ultrabay slot i couldn't find any?
Check out review on YouTube you will get to know a lot about the device.

Sam15139

Hi I bought the y510p from thedostore.com

I sent the details to india@lenovoreg.com for warranty registration.

I got a reply asking for invoice with dealer stamp on it.But the invoice I received doesn't have a stamp on it.

Any advice on how to deal with these people ?

Top Bottom