The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
wohoo finally purchased :)

got only 2 partitions so using disk management i made more 3 partitions and sized all as per my requirement , reduced system (os drive) by 150 GB.

another thing i dont like is too much lenovo softwares , i am going to remove them
here my question is about energy management , is it must have thing or i can remove it ?

I think it's a must have. It gives you access to dust removal option which is not achievable by anything else. Also it has the option of Optimized Battery Health. It keeps your battery healthy by always keeping it in the 50-60% range.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
wohoo finally purchased :)

got only 2 partitions so using disk management i made more 3 partitions and sized all as per my requirement , reduced system (os drive) by 150 GB.

another thing i dont like is too much lenovo softwares , i am going to remove them
here my question is about energy management , is it must have thing or i can remove it ?

Remove them!
All bloat wares crap!
That's why I liked Vizio with Microsoft Signature!

We'll there are many beautiful third party power management softwares!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Remove them!
All bloat wares crap!
That's why I liked Vizio with Microsoft Signature!

We'll there are many beautiful third party power management softwares!

It's impossible to get the dust removal app in any other software. It's impossibru. It makes the fan run at twice the speed.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to come across a software that keeps the battery healthy by keeping it at 50-60% charge like Lenovo Battery Management. Post if you know any, I am looking for one for my Dell.

amitbhatt89

Broken In
I think it's a must have. It gives you access to dust removal option which is not achievable by anything else. Also it has the option of Optimized Battery Health. It keeps your battery healthy by always keeping it in the 50-60% range.

Ok for now i have no objection with it but i read it in past that people have replace their motherboard due to some problem of setting in management tool and so..

also touch pad have no scrolling feature , its a bump !!
i got synaptics touchpad

$hadow

Geek in making
Exactly as seamon said in the above post. The dust removal tool is something unique from Lenovo.

starbearer

Broken In
So basically you did not sue them earlier because if you had done it then they would not have advertised SLI this time. You just asked for a refund directly. Am I correct?

Exactly as seamon said in the above post. The dust removal tool is something unique from Lenovo.
Different laptop makers have different types of fan speed control...as in my initial post gigabyte had advantage of controlling 2 fans in 3 modes for silent low usage to moderate and then ultra for gaming purpose, but yes they have 2 fans in one laptop...separate for cpu and gpu.
anyways....try speedfan and let me know results, its better worth on desktop but could be used for laptop also, here is the link:
SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Also if anyone could answer my questions in initial post , im yet to purchase y510p...around next week by wednesday or thursday.

thanks in advance.

starbearer

Broken In
So basically you did not sue them earlier because if you had done it then they would not have advertised SLI this time. You just asked for a refund directly. Am I correct?

Incorrect, I did sue them by proper channels.
And, Yes! If I would have done that long time back then they would have not advertised sli this time but plz go ahead and check that gt755m is actually available at US website infact some lenovo buisness partners also claim to get those to u if you pay a certain amount as security. ..
Also, im not sure if the sli available for gt755m will be a success in working with y510p with gt 755m, its like natures call and a street full of people...if u got d urge of taking a risk of buying sli and getting shipped to india somehow...ure welcome...lolz

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Incorrect, I did sue them by proper channels.
And, Yes! If I would have done that long time back then they would have not advertised sli this time but plz go ahead and check that gt755m is actually available at US website infact some lenovo buisness partners also claim to get those to u if you pay a certain amount as security. ..
Also, im not sure if the sli available for gt755m will be a success in working with y510p with gt 755m, its like natures call and a street full of people...if u got d urge of taking a risk of buying sli and getting shipped to india somehow...ure welcome...lolz

SLI was available with Y500 with GT 650m but not in India. I got the SLI card(check my signature) shipped from USA and the transaction was as smooth as butter(eBay+ppobox rocks). The GT 755m SLI card is not available independently as such but comes bundled with Y510p with SLI GT 755m. The GT 750m sli card for Y510p and Y500(new ones come with GT 750m) is available independently.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
It's impossible to get the dust removal app in any other software. It's impossibru. It makes the fan run at twice the speed.

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to come across a software that keeps the battery healthy by keeping it at 50-60% charge like Lenovo Battery Management. Post if you know any, I am looking for one for my Dell.

Something that might interest you!
Battery Doubler!
Never tried!

Download here:
*www.filefactory.com/file/b4a011h/n/SOFTS_ANTICRASH_BATTERY_DOUB_HARE_ZOOM.rar

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Different laptop makers have different types of fan speed control...as in my initial post gigabyte had advantage of controlling 2 fans in 3 modes for silent low usage to moderate and then ultra for gaming purpose, but yes they have 2 fans in one laptop...separate for cpu and gpu.
anyways....try speedfan and let me know results, its better worth on desktop but could be used for laptop also, here is the link:
SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

Also if anyone could answer my questions in initial post , im yet to purchase y510p...around next week by wednesday or thursday.

thanks in advance.

That software doesn't work with Lenovo laptops even with moded BIOS. The Fan Speed is automatically set at ~60% full speed with temps get high. The fan runs at full 100% speed only when Dust Removal tool is used. Some people think that this speed is not unlocked because it may damage the fans in the long run.

starbearer

Broken In
Ure correct Seamon...running 24/7 fan at high speed will damage the fan in the long run...afterall fan is just plastic or metal fibre running on magnets and coils...so im sure that wont work...any software that would allow atleast 70% of dust removing speed, running continuously will surely keep the low temps...
But lets see if we can find an alternative!

amitbhatt89

Broken In
Any one can conform this index rating of windows ?

I am damn sure it was 7.9 , 7.9 , 6.9 , 6.9 , 5.9 , when i purchase my laptop , but i just try to recheck it and it reduced to below

NMUPG6N.png

Also i have doubt that my laptop not using nvidia gpu , can anyone tell me how to conform that system using it ?
There are no switch like before to turn on gpu.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

I am damn sure it was 7.9 , 7.9 , 6.9 , 6.9 , 5.9 , when i purchase my laptop , but i just try to recheck it and it reduced to below

View attachment 13737

Also i have doubt that my laptop not using nvidia gpu , can anyone tell me how to conform that system using it ?

Your Experience Index is fine. 5.9 in Desktop Graphics is because the laptop is using the Integrated GPU to render desktop graphics. Games are being rendered by the Dedicated one. No need to worry. It was showing 6.9 earlier because the test was done with Integrated Graphics disabled. I think you can turn it off in the bios but it is not advisable as it will then drain the battery very quick.

DukeSan27

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys, I just bought this yesterday. What kind of temperatures are you folks getting while gaming? I am seeing 91/92 on CPU and 94/95 on GPU while playing BF4.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Hi guys, I just bought this yesterday. What kind of temperatures are you folks getting while gaming? I am seeing 91/92 on CPU and 94/95 on GPU while playing BF4.

Whoa!! Those are soar temps. Play on a flat surface. Say goodbye to your bed. Get a laptop cooler.

My laptop's GPUs(GT 650m's) are clocked way above GT 755m's and they never go above 74.
Ideally you want them below 85 for long a long healthy GPU life. Keep CPU in the early 80s, preferably in the 70s for prolonging it's life.

udit247

Journeyman

View attachment 13737

Well Seamon is right regarding the drop in ratings and these windows ratings are just to give the user rough idea about their systems performance and are not very accurate. Use latest 64 bit drivers for best performance and for benchmarking your PC use Cinebench or Futuremark's benchmarking software.

- - - Updated - - -

Temp seems to be on the higher side, use laptop cooler as suggested by Seamon. If you keep using your PC on very high temps than your PC's mobo may get fried, One of my friend has fried his VAIO's mobo because he never cleaned heat-sink vents and it set him back by 18K!

Top Bottom