The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
It would be helpful if you post photos of both.

I'll add a side by side view of both laptops playing NFS Rivals after some time, I am currently installing Max Payne 3 on Y500, first original game I have bought in ages.

udit247

Journeyman
hi all i am planning to buy a new laptop am looking to play games on it and also some VS development work
which one should i go for??
i need it to last long previous i had was hp pavilion bought in 2010 lasted till now core2duo with ati hd4650 somehow managed to play games till now but since the need for dx11 hardware support games now no more work on it or work with lots of issues
i want my laptop to last
my budget would be 65k but still i am consering y510p with i7 if its worth all the money involved
others that i shortlisted are:

dell 3537 for 60990 INR i7 4500m-8gb-1tb-2gb 8850m (not sure how good will this i7 be its dual core clocked at 1.8 turbo to 3)
lenovo z510 59000INR i7 4702qm-8gb-1tb-2b 740m (gfx is ddr3 dont know how long will it last, otherwise its good i get backlit keyboard as well as 8gb ssd)
lenovo y510p 69000INR i5 4200m-8gb-1tb-2b 750m (a little over my budget)
i think this one is sli ready and as lenovo has a ultrabay i could go extra graphic card or cooling fan if it really worth the money what say guys???
finally y510p 75000k (specs u all know and very well over my budget)

could anyone give me prefernce list wht to buy and is the money worth it....
thnx all

If you want powerful CPU and GPU than go with Y510P (Core i7) but if you want to buy below 60000 than go with Z510. You can also checkout Y510P (Core i5) if you can increase your budget.

Now regarding future compatibility, no one can assure you that but rest assured that newer/current graphics card will support new DirectX versions. ATI and Nvidia support their graphics card for the life of it in some cases they have abandoned old graphics cards support for DirectX may be because of hardware related issues.

Y510P will last for next five years if only gaming is concerned otherwise it may last a decade if nothing goes wrong! My Compaq (Pentium M) from 2005 is still going strong:lol:

I would suggest you should go with a console like PS3 or PS4 if you want to play games for the years to come without bothering about compatibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Colors in my Y500 are much more vivid than in my Inspiron 15. I can post a side by side view.

Good to know about it!

- - - Updated - - -

80.6% on master and 75.6% on slave. I am on highest stable OC and I refuse to overvolt.

- - - Updated - - -

I just found the heaviest scene in NFS Rivals.

View attachment 13638
View attachment 13639

In this scene my GT 650m SLI gave 27-28 FPS and both the GPUs refused to scale above 60% usage. This is the scene which makes Inspiron 15 give 14 FPS.
The 23 FPS is because FPS is decreased when I press PrtSc.

I request Ht 755m/GT750m users to test this scene.

CPU usage in Y500 is 50% whereas in Inspiron 15 is 85%.

- - - Updated - - -

This part can be located on North Eastern part of the map.

I will test my lappy at this location and keep you posted about the FPS I am getting in the coming days (real busy these days:wink:)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll add a side by side view of both laptops playing NFS Rivals after some time, I am currently installing Max Payne 3 on Y500, first original game I have bought in ages.

I started supporting developers by purchasing games:p

Latest Nvidia drivers 334 WHQL
Highest possible settings on Y500 1x750m at stock clocks
I get 30 but PrntScr drops it to 27

*i.imgur.com/FgSoEQr.jpg

PS: I have another place on map where GPU usage is 50-60 but the fps is in the range of 20-25, will post it in sometime.

Update:
This place and there is another one also, GPU usage on single setup should be 99.
Bad coding has to be it.
*i.imgur.com/6EWjTHX.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone gone for the HDD caddy available on ebay or intl. ebay to replace the ODD?
I need one, share links if possible.

Last edited:

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Utkarsh2008, which drivers were you using prior to 334 WHQL?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: Okay, even I updated the drivers to 334, and it seems all fine.

goldsmit409

Broken In
Finally I am going for lenovo y 510p with i5
Can somebody tell me how much will i compromise against lenovo Y510p i7 version n will it be worth da 10000INR I save?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Finally I am going for lenovo y 510p with i5
Can somebody tell me how much will i compromise against lenovo Y510p i7 version n will it be worth da 10000INR I save?

a core i7 4700MQ is two times better than core i5 4200M. It's worth the extra 10k INR.

techie.papu

Right off the assembly line
hi friends.. Plz don't laugh.. I have a silly question.. :) can I avail the dewali offer 2013 if I buy y510 now ? Or any other existing offer on buying this laptop now ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
hi friends.. Plz don't laugh.. I have a silly question.. :) can I avail the dewali offer 2013 if I buy y510 now ? Or any other existing offer on buying this laptop now ?

Absolutely I just availed Karva Choad offer, gave me 50% discount on my Inspiron 15.

But seriously....
No.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the McDonald's offer is still going on.
Rs.100 off when buying anything above 1k INR from Flipkart. If you want I can give you the code.

$hadow

Geek in making
Absolutely I just availed Karva Choad offer, gave me 50% discount on my Inspiron 15.

But seriously....
No.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually the McDonald's offer is still going on.
Rs.100 off when buying anything above 1k INR from Flipkart. If you want I can give you the code.

karwa choad offer I nearly fell off my seat laughing at this :-D

goldsmit409

Broken In
So I went to buy y510p with i5 seems it's not available so it's i7 version will get it tomorrow seems someone doesn't want me to have i5 ;p
Do I need to worry about elan touchpad or that issue is fixed?
Any other thing I need to be worried about?
Also I am getting it for 75990 is it a good price only backpack no accessories it's available for extra 300 a set of 11
Buying it from reliance digital chenmai

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So I went to buy y510p with i5 seems it's not available so it's i7 version will get it tomorrow seems someone doesn't want me to have i5 ;p
Also I am getting it for 75990 is it a good price only backpack no accessories it's available for extra 300 a set of 11

Congo. Wise Decision.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent

Get from flipkart instead!Save 3k
& get backpack !

Link-
*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y5...toryFooter_Computer_1&otracker=Recommendation

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Get from flipkart instead!Save 3k
& get backpack !

Link-
Lenovo Ideapad Y510 (59-390016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.72390 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Y510 (59-390016) Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

So what did you buy at last? Y510p?

udit247

Journeyman
@ seamon & Utkarsh2008

Well today I got enough time and have done some FPS bench-marking on NFS Rivals.
I am getting 28 FPS at the location that you have mentioned. Below is the screenshot.
NFS1.jpg

Another location I found where there are a lot of trees and vegetation and this is the place I am getting lowest FPS (22). Below are the screenshots.
NFS2.jpg
NFS3.jpg

Remarks:
Model: Y510P (Core i7)
Nvidia Driver: 334.89
All game settings are at the maximum.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone gone for the HDD caddy available on ebay or intl. ebay to replace the ODD?
I need one, share links if possible.

Not yet, I am planning to get SSD after a year, by that time the prices of high speed drives will come down and than I will start searching for the HDD caddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Search with your local dealers before buying from a major retail outlet, you may save a lot of money.

Try to call all the dealers and confirm on the price, by this way you will get the best deals in your city. For dealers list visit Lenovo India website.

Back in August'13 (Just before the price hike) I got this laptop for 69500 from a dealer in Delhi.

Last edited:

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@ seamon & Utkarsh2008

Well today I got enough time and have done some FPS bench-marking on NFS Rivals.
I am getting 28 FPS at the location that you have mentioned. Below is the screenshot.
View attachment 13685

Another location I found where there are a lot of trees and vegetation and this is the place I am getting lowest FPS (22). Below are the screenshots.
View attachment 13686
View attachment 13687

Remarks:
Model: Y510P (Core i7)
Nvidia Driver: 334.89
All game settings are at the maximum.

- - - Updated - - -

Not yet, I am planning to get SSD after a year, by that time the prices of high speed drives will come down and than I will start searching for the HDD caddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Search with your local dealers before buying from a major retail outlet, you may save a lot of money.

Try to call all the dealers and confirm on the price, by this way you will get the best deals in your city. For dealers list visit Lenovo India website.

Back in August'13 (Just before the price hike) I got this laptop for 69500 from a dealer in Delhi.

That scene gives me 30 on SLI. Scaling is good upto 70%.

- - - Updated - - -

Back in April price was 65k for Y500 which is essentially the same model :p.

and Dude you gotta try a SSD. The experience is awesome. I never wanna go back to HDD. It's like a completely different computer. No lag nothing. For eg. a game hangs(say by OCing too much-> Kernal near Krash).........earlier my OS would hang then and there, now no hang nothing, everything is usable while the game is in hang mode.

amitbhatt89

Broken In
hey friends ,

Finally saved enough money to buy y510p , going to get it in next 2-3 days
From local lenovo store they costing me around 73000 with lenovo headphone and other 3-4 accessories !

Can you list me all things that i should check while buying this laptop ?

It would be great help , thanks :)

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
hey friends ,

Finally saved enough money to buy y510p , going to get it in next 2-3 days
From local lenovo store they costing me around 73000 with lenovo headphone and other 3-4 accessories !

Can you list me all things that i should check while buying this laptop ?

It would be great help , thanks :)

Look for other cheap deal!
Basically check accessories .Its pretty useless to get cheap branded accessories like Enter,etc.

Or go with flipkart for 72.4 k + backpack

iamzero

Broken In
I got my touchpad replaced..however, i have run into some other issues. After the replacement and opening of laptop, the right side besides the touchpad makes a click like sound when pressed and they have agreed to change the back panel to check and fix.

however i am experience serious heating issues after that on normal browser and internet usage. the left side of keyboard heats up as well though he cleaned the laptop infront of me. What do you guys suggest what to do? what to tell him in next visit?

There are constant memory instructions errors and display driver stopped errors. Also i am getting burning smell while using laptop plugged in charging. what can be the issues help!

Top Bottom