The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

intruder16

Right off the assembly line
New to forum...First Post, with some good news!

Hey guys, i heard on every forum that Y510p's don't come with M2 NGFF SSD slot.

I bought my new Y510p (Model: 59390016) yesterday and guess what, it DOES have a connector slot for SSD.

I guess new models are coming with connectors.

Check out the attachment for pics. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20131224_180817.jpg
    IMG_20131224_180817.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_20131224_180658.jpg
    IMG_20131224_180658.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 139

anchit

Re: New to forum...First Post, with some good news!

I bought my new Y510p (Model: 59390016) yesterday and guess what, it DOES have a connector slot for SSD.

Congrats on your new purchase man...i have been researching this model lately and planning to buy this. Having an SSD slot is awesome but i am not aware since when 59390016 is shipping with an ssd slot. May be others have it too and they have simply not chosen to open the laptop. Can you please share with me the batch no. or month of manufacturing which may be written on your lenovo box...so that i can be sure that the one i will buy will have an ssd slot. Also please tell me the price you got it for and from where...i am currently residing in punjab and plan to buy it here. Thanx man...Enjoy the Gaming! Lemme know anything else you think is important.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Re: New to forum...First Post, with some good news!

Great find... Will check whether my Y500 has that slot too!!! :-D

y500 has msata slot.
y510p had in the beginning regardless of whether they came with the caching ssd but now they only put them on ones which come with caching ssd; cost cutting.
So,
Y500 msata
Y510p 42mm ngff/m2

@powerhoney
check ur pm.
ours comes with msata.
IMHO msata is better than 42mm ngff because 42mm wont see large hdds in the near future, whereas msata has 1tb samsung ssd(exorbitant prices) whereas 256-512GB can be had for lower prices.

udit247

Journeyman
What's your backup like???

Well I used to get a backup around 3.5 hours with browsing only and 60% LCD brightness @ Power Saver mode.
When I first checked my laptop's battery wear level it was 11% but after one manual calibration its now at 2% and I definitely think that wear level calculation is not absolutely correct so just enjoy your time with your lappy.:-D

y500 has msata slot.
y510p had in the beginning regardless of whether they came with the caching ssd but now they only put them on ones which come with caching ssd; cost cutting.
So,
Y500 msata
Y510p 42mm ngff/m2

@powerhoney
check ur pm.
ours comes with msata.
IMHO msata is better than 42mm ngff because 42mm wont see large hdds in the near future, whereas msata has 1tb samsung ssd(exorbitant prices) whereas 256-512GB can be had for lower prices.

Thanks for the info man!

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
That's a sata ssd port right? I mean in the y510p.
For a moment let us not discriminate between ssd interfaces as they all have more or less equal performances, at least to the common man.
In my y500, the battery drains to 5% from 55% in 20 mins, in high performance mode and hwmonitor shows 0% wear.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
That's a sata ssd port right? I mean in the y510p.
For a moment let us not discriminate between ssd interfaces as they all have more or less equal performances, at least to the common man.
In my y500, the battery drains to 5% from 55% in 20 mins, in high performance mode and hwmonitor shows 0% wear.

WTF!!! How??? I think you need to get it replaced... :)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am gonna do it tomorrow from ebay.
I can't find an OEM 170w charger on ebay , amazon or any other reputed site.
The lenovo site says that it'll ship on 29-1-14. That's BS.
New laptop battery test:- 30 mins 58%-49% screen brightness 40% and mode = power saver. I didn't let screen to black out.

Site looks shady right?
Original lenovo 45N0111 170W Adapter + 0C22235 GN36 GT650M [45N0111] : Lenovo battery, Lenovo laptop battery

Found it!!
IdeaPad 170W AC Adapter (UL) | Lenovo | (CA)

Last edited:

ashwinsingh8

Hi,

I bought the model 59-390016 recently. Anyone has bought the gt 755m SLI for it from ebay or other place? Its not available on lenovo website. Apparently its not available yet in India, any news when its going to be available?

And yes gt 755m does support SLI.

ashwinsingh8

You can look into this adapter Amazon.com: Dell PA-9E Family Power Adapter For Precision Mobile WorkStations M6400 M6500, E-port Dock PR02X, Alienware: M17x: Computers & Accessories
Its a 240w adapter and costs less than lenovo one and still leaves you enough juice to overclock. Its compatible with y510p.

BTW, what did you buy from ebay, GT 755M ULTRABAY?

You can look into this adapter Amazon.com: Dell PA-9E Family Power Adapter For Precision Mobile WorkStations M6400 M6500, E-port Dock PR02X, Alienware: M17x: Computers & Accessories
Its a 240w adapter and costs less than lenovo one and still leaves you enough juice to overclock. Its compatible with y510p.

BTW, what did you buy from ebay, GT 755M ULTRABAY?

Yes it supports sli, but lenovo is yet to launch the ultrabay gfx which can be purchased separately. Pre-configured 755m models have the ultrabay included but you cant buy them separately as of now. Lenovo has put up the page for the gfx on their malaysian website.
Y 15'' Removable Graphics GT755M5 | 888015133 | Lenovo | (MY)

Last edited:
Does the gift that we redeem come one by one?

Like I received the headset today.... N three more items are awaited.

Yes... They send it in separate courier packages.

Guys,
Anybody has any problem with playing games for prolonged period ?
When i play NFS Rivals (all settings maxxed out at native resolution) , after some 30 min, the game starts to lag.
Havent investigated deeply. Will check temps and fps and let you guys know. In the meanwhile just wnat to know anybody else has the same issue.

knocknock

Broken In
If anyone has bought 59390016 recently could you please confirm if it has got the elan touchpad or the synaptics? Also please mention where you bought it from.

Top Bottom