The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

Maverick03

Broken In
Hey sujay actually that is true. According to what i read on lenovo and other forums, OKR is sensitive to disk management. Even if you resize your drive OKR won't work properly.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hey sujay actually that is true. According to what i read on lenovo and other forums, OKR is sensitive to disk management. Even if you resize your drive OKR won't work properly.

May be. But that's weird.

At least in my vaio, it works perfectly even after partitioning.

keshab.nayak

Broken In
hey guys can any body help me to install win 7 in y510p ... win 8 is so uncomfortble . i tried to install win 7 by usb but it says it cant install in gpt partition harddisk ..

heros help please

udit247

Journeyman
hey guys can any body help me to install win 7 in y510p ... win 8 is so uncomfortble . i tried to install win 7 by usb but it says it cant install in gpt partition harddisk ..

heros help please

Its very easy, simply set Other OS in BIOS than do factory defaults, now insert Windows 7 64 Bit Disk and install as usual, Choose Custom (Advanced) install to install it and also get the option to alter your partitions but do note that in this process you will loose all the programs and stock OS. Its important to take the backup of Drivers which are on the 25GB partition.

$hadow

Geek in making

heros help please
Why do you want to do that windows 8 is just a customized windows 7. What is bothering you????

keshab.nayak

Broken In
because windows 8 is not have start button also .. i keenly missing that button . although some how i instal a start button softwere in it . but still windows 7 is handy and not confusing rather then windows 8 .

dr.manoj

Broken In
Look under SPD tab. It'll show Slot #1 & Slot #2. If your system has two modules, it will show info of both.

Download this USB 3.0 driver - *download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/usb121w7.exe

Thanks a lot!! I'll try it out today..

The Status and Priority of my Do Gear Offer Ticket is marked as [ Private ] with the whole priority box being colored red while the others are green. Is this the same as for others?

udit247

Journeyman
because windows 8 is not have start button also .. i keenly missing that button . although some how i instal a start button softwere in it . but still windows 7 is handy and not confusing rather then windows 8 .

When you start using a new OS its little confusing but eventually you become master of it. Sure Windows 8 has some drawbacks but almost all of them are fixed in Windows 8.1 which is coming on 18 Oct 2013 for general public availability.
I can assure you as currently I am using it, that you may like Windows 8.1 and it even has Start Button!

mayank93

Broken In
Hey All!!! I am going to buy this within 2 days. Showroom at laxmi nagar is offering it at 73k. Is there any chance he will lower the price???
or any other dealer in Delhi selling at relatively lower price? Also how is the ASS of Lenovo.
Please help

udit247

Journeyman
Hey All!!! I am going to buy this within 2 days. Showroom at laxmi nagar is offering it at 73k. Is there any chance he will lower the price???
or any other dealer in Delhi selling at relatively lower price? Also how is the ASS of Lenovo.
Please help

Prices of all the devices have increased since 1/09/2013 but if possible check the prices at Digitus Electronics Nehru Place, I got at 69500 from there on 31/08. They have got the best pricing on this model and may be on others as well!

keshab.nayak

Broken In
ohh my good .. finally after lots of read ,,,i finally installed win7 ..,,, uuhhh win 7 is more handy . but i am missing the win 8 ,,

review for start up is ,,win 7 is bit slow in start up ans shut down and sleep . win 8 is more faster in srtup . win 7 is better in 3d rendering and multimedia & games thing ..\

problem: i need to agian switch back to win 8 , i cleaned my y510p full hardisk to install win 7 ,, no i have the win 8 backup wis file .. how to install it again ...help please .

Damwoot

Right off the assembly line
Finally after days of moderation i got into this site,

So i got the laptop y'day, I'm from Mumbai.
The problem is the laptop isn't detecting one of my Hard disks.
I have 2, a WD one and a Hitachi touro one, and this ones not being detected by my laptop. Its detected on my Desktop(Win7 ult 64bit).
I even ran a CHKDSK on the HD and it still doesn't work.. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Top Bottom