The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

udit247

Journeyman
Cool. I will be buying mine from vsl electronics, madhapur and i am also getting the same deal. Have asked them to arrange synaptics model.

I think there are two variants for this model so the one with matte finish screen have Synaptics touchpad and the one with Glossy screen have Elan touchpad.

udit247

Journeyman
Hey udit thanks for the reply. I think i will go ahead with the model i am getting. The reason i was skeptic is because i had a bad experience with previous laptop and didn't want to end up visiting service center as soon as i purchase new laptop.

What make and model of laptop you previously have?

udit247

Journeyman
@ $hadow

Do you observe any noticeable performance increment in your Y510P after installing 24GB SmartCache (SSD).

Maverick03

Broken In
Guys sorry for another stupid question but need urgent help. Are you having glossy finish screen or matte finish because the model i am getting its glossy screen with elan touchpad.:confused:

And Hey udit i believe you got the same model and you also mentioned you are getting average performance. Please help me out. I cant understand how is it possible that there are two kind of models being sold and showroom people don''t have a slight idea about it.

Last edited:

hptd1911

Right off the assembly line
Can any body here let me know whether you have Glossy or Matte finish screen and Synaptics or Elantech touch-pad coz my Y510 has glossy screen with Elantech touch-pad with average performance!

Hi udit....
even my y510 has a glossy screen(confirmed) and i believe it has d notorious elan touch pad..as m yet to check it out:-?:-?.....
i believe i hav the same variant as urs......so to confirm does ur y510 still have d 755 m gt and a FHD screen????
i hope so:|:|!!!!!!

-=hell=-

Broken In
Hello all I just want a clarification as $hadow and diya who are the proud owners of the new Lenovo Y510p says they have GT 755m 2gb GDDR5 right? But today I called thedostore customer care to confirm this as on the thedostore website it shows GT 750m GDDR5 and they confirmed me that all Y510p model consists of GT 750m only no GT 755m is available with Y510p. Now I am pretty confused regarding this :|

Maverick03

Broken In
Great:)....hey pls confirm ur screen type as well. coz mine came wid a glossy one and not anti reflective....

I am going to buy mine today.. and i believe mine is same as yours. Glossy and elan touchpad. Also i did some research and found that initially lenovo offered matte finish in y510p everywhere but now its glossy for US as well.

$hadow

Geek in making
@ $hadow

Do you observe any noticeable performance increment in your Y510P after installing 24GB SmartCache (SSD).

Yet to receive it it is on the way from Canada

Hello all I just want a clarification as $hadow and diya who are the proud owners of the new Lenovo Y510p says they have GT 755m 2gb GDDR5 right? But today I called thedostore customer care to confirm this as on the thedostore website it shows GT 750m GDDR5 and they confirmed me that all Y510p model consists of GT 750m only no GT 755m is available with Y510p. Now I am pretty confused regarding this :|
Do you want a screen shot regarding this???

hptd1911

Right off the assembly line
I am going to buy mine today.. and i believe mine is same as yours. Glossy and elan touchpad. Also i did some research and found that initially lenovo offered matte finish in y510p everywhere but now its glossy for US as well.

Hi.....do u have any idea if our variant has 755 m gt and a full hd screen.. I hope its d same like everybody else.
Also pls lemme knoe d performance of touchpad once u buy it..:):)

udit247

Journeyman
Guys sorry for another stupid question but need urgent help. Are you having glossy finish screen or matte finish because the model i am getting its glossy screen with elan touchpad.:confused:

And Hey udit i believe you got the same model and you also mentioned you are getting average performance. Please help me out. I cant understand how is it possible that there are two kind of models being sold and showroom people don''t have a slight idea about it.

Yes I got the same variant and its performance is average compared to Synaptics touchpad but you wont feel the difference much coz some sensitivity problem was there in the starting models of Y500 and its already been fixed so you can go ahead with your order and as I said before if you feel Elan is not your cup of tea than you can always replace it with Synaptics later on.

Hi udit....
even my y510 has a glossy screen(confirmed) and i believe it has d notorious elan touch pad..as m yet to check it out:-?:-?.....
i believe i hav the same variant as urs......so to confirm does ur y510 still have d 755 m gt and a FHD screen????
i hope so:|:|!!!!!!

Yes my Y510P has GT 755M and glossy FHD screen and I am lovin it!:)

Customer care people have no idea what their company's products have in them, they just know how to please customers. Rest assured that Y510P has Intel Core i7 4700MQ, Nvidia GeForce GT 755M 2GB, FHD screen, 2X4RAM, Elan touchpad, Seagate 1TB HDD, Liteon DVDRW, Red Glow Keypad with 3 Levels, JBL Speakers.....

So it means we got the newer model, actually I used to think exactly opposite!

Last edited:

dbehera28

The Torquey Guy
@ $hadow

udit247,

A cheap solution to improve performance, try readyboosting using a free SD Card in the 6-in-1 SD Card slot. I had a free 16GB SD card (Class 10) and allocated it completely for readyboosting. I notice significant difference in booting, hibernation and shut down times and minor difference in application loading times.
ReadyBoost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Although I am very sure this has very minimal impact on improving gaming performance other than application load times.

Maverick03

Broken In
Hi.....do u have any idea if our variant has 755 m gt and a full hd screen.. I hope its d same like everybody else.
Also pls lemme knoe d performance of touchpad once u buy it..:):)

Hey yea ours has 755m and full hd. Also touchpad is fine..i think we don't have to worry about anything.

Yes I got the same variant and its performance is average compared to Synaptics touchpad but you wont feel the difference much coz some sensitivity problem was there in the starting models of Y500 and its already been fixed so you can go ahead with your order and as I said before if you feel Elan is not your cup of tea than you can always replace it with Synaptics later on.

Yes my Y510P has GT 755M and glossy FHD screen and I am lovin it!:)

Customer care people have no idea what their company's products have in them, they just know how to please customers. Rest assured that Y510P has Intel Core i7 4700MQ, Nvidia GeForce GT 755M 2GB, FHD screen, 2X4RAM, Elan touchpad, Seagate 1TB HDD, Liteon DVDRW, Red Glow Keypad with 3 Levels, JBL Speakers.....

So it means we got the newer model, actually I used to think exactly opposite!

Yes thats what i could find after researching on a lot of forums. That now lenovo is back to glossy screen.

Maverick03

Broken In
Guys i got my beast today! Loving every moment of it although didnt get enough time to play around. And yes i have got glossy screen with synaptics touchpad. :D..this laptop is just so good!:D

-=hell=-

Broken In
@^ can you confirm which Graphic card you got GT 750m or GT 755m. And will you be able to make few gameplay of some games like Hitman Absolution, Assassins creed 3, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell Blacklist :D well I got all these games bought just waiting to get this laptop available in my city :( btw Congo buddy on ur purchase :)

Maverick03

Broken In
@^ can you confirm which Graphic card you got GT 750m or GT 755m. And will you be able to make few gameplay of some games like Hitman Absolution, Assassins creed 3, Sleeping Dogs, Tomb Raider, Splinter Cell Blacklist :D well I got all these games bought just waiting to get this laptop available in my city :( btw Congo buddy on ur purchase :)

Thanx man! I have gt755m. I will try my best to provide with the benchmarks as soon as i find time. I have setup of sleeping dogs only. Rest all i have completed earlier except splinter cell.

-=hell=-

Broken In
@^ yeah Sleeping Dogs will also work :D btw how much did it cost you? have u buyed locally or online? What things/accessories you got with this :)

Edit : One more Question what is the resolution of your screen? 1920x1080 or less?

Last edited:
Top Bottom