The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

vicky2008

Broken In
I live in Delhi and plan to buy it from a store locally. So what price should I expect and do they give and additional things like bags etc. Also point to any good store or else I think I will visit NP.

Can I use SLI with this as I will be using this for gaming and I want it to last. With 755 I dont think SLI will be possible. Please confirm. Also whats the touchpad type? Everyone seems to have a different one.

Whats the ram configuration 2x4 or is one slot empty?

Please suggest as I cannot decide if I should wait till October end for all Haswell products to come out or go ahead?

$hadow

Geek in making
yes. i know that... what i wanted to know is if turbo boost works for for all 4 cores of the processor like it should at full load in the Y510p ie: 3.2Ghz which is the specified max turbo when all four cores are working simultaneously. If yes, then it would prove the notebook check review wrong.

PS : my friend wants this info asap :/
This would require hell lots of load to move up with four turbo boost. I was playing assassin's creed 3 and only one core was active when I was on battery but I think there were certainly more than 1 core active when I plugged it in.

udit247

Journeyman
Hey from where did you buy yours in hyderabad? I am also going to buy tomorrow but can you confirm whether you got synaptics or elan touchpad? And what all you got in the deal?

In case you get Elan touchpad with your device and if you are not satisfied with its performance than you can get it replaced to Synaptics by an authorized Lenovo service centre without any issue, infact you should try elan touchpad yourself on Y500/Y510P for your satisfaction.

udit247

Journeyman
I live in Delhi and plan to buy it from a store locally. So what price should I expect and do they give and additional things like bags etc. Also point to any good store or else I think I will visit NP.

Can I use SLI with this as I will be using this for gaming and I want it to last. With 755 I dont think SLI will be possible. Please confirm. Also whats the touchpad type? Everyone seems to have a different one.

Please suggest as I cannot decide if I should wait till October end for all Haswell products to come out or go ahead?

You should get it from Digitus Electronics at Nehru Place they got very good pricing on this, I myself got one from there and at current rate they may give you at 71500 with a Lenovo bag and some accessories as a gift.

udit247

Journeyman
If you people play or work on your laptop in your bed, than you should definitely try this stand: Portronics My Buddy+ Cooling Stand - Portronics: Flipkart.com

Maverick03

Broken In
In case you get Elan touchpad with your device and if you are not satisfied with its performance than you can get it replaced to Synaptics by an authorized Lenovo service centre without any issue, infact you should try elan touchpad yourself on Y500/Y510P for your satisfaction.

Hey udit thanks for the reply. I think i will go ahead with the model i am getting. The reason i was skeptic is because i had a bad experience with previous laptop and didn't want to end up visiting service center as soon as i purchase new laptop.

-=hell=-

Broken In
Its still not out in my city "Lucknow" I have contacted all the Lenovo retailers and the worst part is they even don't know when it will be coming in Lucknow :( :-x

Edit : I have seen ppl debating here upon Elan & Synaptic touchpad. BTW what is the difference btween them and which one is more good?

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Hi akash from what i have read on few reviews of Y510p it supports turbo boost for 1 core and clocks down to 2.4 ghz when more than one cores are involved. Also this is similar to how turbo boost technology of intel works , never are 4 cores simultaneously in turbo state, for some processors the max turbo state is for one core, mid state for 2 and base state for 4 like this

For Core i7-2920XM.
The normal operating frequency is 2.5 GHz. Turbo is indicated as: 7/7/9/10 in which the first number is the multiple of 100 MHz supported when four cores are active, the second number is the multiple for three cores, the third number is for two cores, and the fourth number is for one active core.

Subject to limits on temperature, current and power consumption, the processor can increase its clock speed (from a base frequency of 2.5 GHz)in steps of 100 MHz to:
# of cores active # of Turbo Steps Max frequency Calculation
3 or 4 7 3.20 GHz 2500 + (7 × 100) = 2500 + 700 = 3200
2 9 3.40 GHz 2500 + (9 × 100) = 2500 + 900 = 3400
1 10 3.50 GHz 2500 + (10 × 100) = 2500 + 1000 = 3500

source wikipedia

Intel Turbo Boost - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah but according to core i7 4700mq reviews when all cores are active then still some turbo is supposed to be there But review of y510p states that there is no turbo boost thus making the processer even worse than y500's 3632qm low watt tdp processer thus making 4th generation a no good laptop

Y500 has 2x4gb ram. Someone check it using cpuz

If you people play or work on your laptop in your bed, than you should definitely try this stand: Portronics My Buddy+ Cooling Stand - Portronics: Flipkart.com

I bought this one
*www.flipkart.com/portronics-my-buddy-2-laptop-cooling-stand/p/itmdmkmx7gjdygzr?pid=ACCDMKMWVYMN2F7N&ref=18f5855c-c886-47d1-bd05-c47cc45fafef

hptd1911

Right off the assembly line
Congrats man! Can you please tell me where did you buy it in hyderabad? Also which touchpad is it?elan or synaptics?

Hi Maverick....

i bought my beast from vsl electronics ,ameerpet.....

i have not actually seen the laptop as i live in goa and had asked my dad to buy.......
so not sure if it has elan or synaptic touchpad

Well i got it for 72 k ....and no other accessories wid d deal other than a backpack...

I bought this one
Portronics My Buddy 2 Laptop Cooling Stand - Portronics: Flipkart.com

Hey.. I'm also planning to buy one of these. Can you guys post your feedback ?

I provided all the registration information almost a week back and nothing has happened so far even after repeated reminders. :-x

I got my ADP approval mail today and got my 5,000 offer code yesterday. I registered on 31st Aug for both. :)

Mine has a 8gb stick :| i'm confused as to whether or not i should be happy or sad about it :|

You should be happy...
You can easily extend your ram by getting another 8 GB.
In my case , I have 2 x4 and I don't have another laptop to put the two 4GB,if I want to upgrade :-(

Maverick03

Broken In
Hi Maverick....

i bought my beast from vsl electronics ,ameerpet.....

i have not actually seen the laptop as i live in goa and had asked my dad to buy.......
so not sure if it has elan or synaptic touchpad

Well i got it for 72 k ....and no other accessories wid d deal other than a backpack...

Cool. I will be buying mine from vsl electronics, madhapur and i am also getting the same deal. Have asked them to arrange synaptics model.

Maverick03

Broken In
Its still not out in my city "Lucknow" I have contacted all the Lenovo retailers and the worst part is they even don't know when it will be coming in Lucknow :( :-x

Edit : I have seen ppl debating here upon Elan & Synaptic touchpad. BTW what is the difference btween them and which one is more good?

Actually y500 came with elan and many people reported issues with it. Later it was replaced with synaptics. Lenovo people told me that those issues have been long fixed and as such you wont face any problems with either of them.

udit247

Journeyman
Y500 has 2x4gb ram. Someone check it using cpuz

I bought this one
Portronics My Buddy 2 Laptop Cooling Stand - Portronics: Flipkart.com

Both these models have excellent built quality so you can get any one of them but avoid other brands specially the ones which have plastic legs.

hptd1911

Right off the assembly line
Cool. I will be buying mine from vsl electronics, madhapur and i am also getting the same deal. Have asked them to arrange synaptics model.

Great:)....hey pls confirm ur screen type as well. coz mine came wid a glossy one and not anti reflective....

Top Bottom