The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
the guy did it with a 510p. maybe because of the new architectures some options popped up or something

well... technically speaking, both the laptops are identical except for the processor, and secondly, intel's igp's architecture has remained the same.. :/

i'm going to dig more!

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
well... technically speaking, both the laptops are identical except for the processor, and secondly, intel's igp's architecture has remained the same.. :/

i'm going to dig more!

yes the processor is different, which means the intel hd gpu is different and propbably the motherboard architecture itself is completely different hence the enabling of the intel hd gpu. its not possible for the y500.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
yes the processor is different, which means the intel hd gpu is different and propbably the motherboard architecture itself is completely different hence the enabling of the intel hd gpu. its not possible for the y500.

Yeah I agree, even before purchasing this laptop I searched everywhere to find a solution to this but couldn't.

H2O

Journeyman
The 3D Mark 11 Score:- P2891.

*www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6897139

ASIC Quality:- 85.1%.

Windows Experience Score:-

*i.imgur.com/At9uKSN.png

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
The 3D Mark 11 Score:- P2891.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3632QM,LENOVO INVALID

ASIC Quality:- 85.1%.

Windows Experience Score:-

amazing scores :D although no one uses windows experience index. anyone tried overclocking their 750m for benchmarks?

vigneshn92

Broken In
Since the onboard hd4000 is completely disabled on the y500 and no workaround found yet,would it be safe to overclock the gfx card on batteries to a level that would atleast yield decent gameplay for less intensive games ?If, yes could you give me a few ways to do so.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Since the onboard hd4000 is completely disabled on the y500 and no workaround found yet,would it be safe to overclock the gfx card on batteries to a level that would atleast yield decent gameplay for less intensive games ?If, yes could you give me a few ways to do so.

you cant overclock on battery, it will never exceed 135/405 mhz

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
y510p launched here yesterday...in Indonesia.. not officially though ;) but still in some stores, comes with international priority warranty too...Haswell 4700MQ and GT750M 2GB GDDR5, INR equiv price is 86K...official release is by the end of this month, this one has JBL® designed speakers supporting Dolby Home Theatre v4 , not sure the 500 had it or not.

yashxxx

Journeyman
thank you guys for your response..
so,is there any other laptop similar to y510p is launching(4th gen,fhd,gt750 etc)?
i need a laptop next month because my exams are getting over next month.(10th aug).

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
thank you guys for your response..
so,is there any other laptop similar to y510p is launching(4th gen,fhd,gt750 etc)?
i need a laptop next month because my exams are getting over next month.(10th aug).
none have been announced so far although it is highly unlikely

any of you guys got any free accessories or gift vouchers on purchasing this laptop??
what about antivirus??? how many months antivirus did you people get???

Top Bottom