The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I have both one key theatre and Dolby v4. Is that a problem
im not sure if its a problem or not but you know 2 different audio modifying software working in different settings its gonna cause some weird audio. perhaps you can set one key on default and dolby on the new settings. all i can say is one key is the most useless piece of **** i have ever seen its best to have it off your pc.

So the dolby software didn't come as a default on your laptop?

it didnt for me maybe they are shipping it with the new 750m models

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
it didnt for me maybe they are shipping it with the new 750m models

I have the 750m and it shipped with the one key theatre thing =|

btw... could you check the size of the dolby software?
i just downloaded one and its around 27mb

also, has anyone tried installing the intel video drivers on this laptop?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I have the 750m and it shipped with the one key theatre thing =|

btw... could you check the size of the dolby software?
i just downloaded one and its around 27mb

also, has anyone tried installing the intel video drivers on this laptop?
yes its 27 mb. and yes intel drivers dont work ive tried

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
yes its 27 mb. and yes intel drivers dont work ive tried

Okay, i just installed it... sounds pretty good, better than the one key thing surely... however, it also amplifies it by a huge margin, tht wont be good for the speakers in the long run though :/

i guess i'll keep the one key and switch off the dolby and use it only when its a necessity =/

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Okay, i just installed it... sounds pretty good, better than the one key thing surely... however, it also amplifies it by a huge margin, tht wont be good for the speakers in the long run though :/

i guess i'll keep the one key and switch off the dolby and use it only when its a necessity =/
it does amplify by a HUGE margin although you dont have to use it at the full volume. you can turn it off when not needed. it runs in the taskbar and when you press it once a menu pops up for easy access to different profiles or for switching off the software. you can turn it on when really required.

H2O

Journeyman
Are you guys continuing with the disk partition you got by default? Or has anyone done the partition on his own?

H2O

Journeyman
I used shrink partition to reduce c partition into many

Hmmm. I wanted to do partition as well as I like to have my OS and other files, movies and games collection etc in a different partition drive. Asked the Lenovo guys regarding it. They said that its not recommended by Lenovo to make partition because if we do it, the one key recovery option won't work.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Hmmm. I wanted to do partition as well as I like to have my OS and other files, movies and games collection etc in a different partition drive. Asked the Lenovo guys regarding it. They said that its not recommended by Lenovo to make partition because if we do it, the one key recovery option won't work.

Yeah. I was also told the same, infact he only suggested to use this shrink method

any movie buffs here???
can you guys suggest me some good software for maximizing audio on headphones and enhancing the overall movie experience??
[i already have dolby so i need something other than dolby]

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
any movie buffs here???
can you guys suggest me some good software for maximizing audio on headphones and enhancing the overall movie experience??
[i already have dolby so i need something other than dolby]
dolby works great. i cant use it over 30-35% volume in earphones how much more do you want? other options are using vlc for doubling the volume

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I don't have one key theater or Dolby instead I have realtek.
Anyone else have realtek?

everyone has realtek, the hardware is realtek to begin with. one key and dolby are like addons with one key being useless and dolby being somewhat better.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Ditto! i have both one key and dolby, and i keep dolby switched off and one key at default! these speakers sound good at flat

everyone has a different taste. plus dolby mostly just amplifies the volume which is required since the default max volume of the laptop is well not satisfactory to say the least.

Top Bottom