The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Kamal17

Broken In
There are few options in eBay........ Crucial is a good company n price is lower than others

Checked out. Crucial is only available with one international seller. I might buy. I have messaged him. Lets see how it goes.

P.S Are these easily available in Bangalore ? My cousin lives there and he's coming to my town next month.

Checked out. Crucial is only available with one international seller. I might buy. I have messaged him. Lets see how it goes.

P.S Are these easily available in Bangalore ? My cousin lives there and he's coming to my town next month.

Don't know...... Ask him to check it there

deadzone

Journeyman
9647 users please check up on your warranty status and inform whether it has been updated to 2 years or is it still showing 1 year...

Mine was showing 1 year warranty.

I contacted Flipkart (seller) and they updated the warranty on lenovo website to two year in some 20 days.They said that the carry-in warranty can be availed by just walking in to center and there is no need for lenovo website to show it as 2 year warranty,just take the bill.

deadzone

Journeyman
Now its 1+1 year warranty
There are two columns in warranty check page.One is showing 1 year Onsite +ADP and Second shows 1 year Carry-in + ADP.
Contact your seller to get the warrant updated.

anyone having any complains with the poor headphone sound quality???
i am using the same headphones as i use for my pc...but in my pc the sound is really good....however in this the sound is pathetic....at times i cannot do without the dolby home theater turned on....its just average not very loud at all...even if i want i cannot make it very loud...i have to max out the vlc volume to 400% + dolby turned on to be able to hear at normal volume...
if u guys do not have any such problems with the laptop please share your sound settings [in detail please]

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
anyone having any complains with the poor headphone sound quality???
i am using the same headphones as i use for my pc...but in my pc the sound is really good....however in this the sound is pathetic....at times i cannot do without the dolby home theater turned on....its just average not very loud at all...even if i want i cannot make it very loud...i have to max out the vlc volume to 400% + dolby turned on to be able to hear at normal volume...
if u guys do not have any such problems with the laptop please share your sound settings [in detail please]

in dolby home theater, create a new settings with volume leveler on at 10-20% and dialogue enancer at 20%. its extremely loud for me i have to put it at like 20-30% while on headphones and even the built in speakers gets incrredibly loud. and its quite clear for me. try tweaking the equalizer manually to your liking i never liked the default settings myself.

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
in dolby home theater, create a new settings with volume leveler on at 10-20% and dialogue enancer at 20%. its extremely loud for me i have to put it at like 20-30% while on headphones and even the built in speakers gets incrredibly loud. and its quite clear for me. try tweaking the equalizer manually to your liking i never liked the default settings myself.

Is the dolby home theater any good??? I uninstalled it the first day...:evil:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman

what settings are you guys talking about? o_O
how do you access these?

@geekindisguise... my speakers and headphone port are wrking fine in default i guess =/

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Is the dolby home theater any good??? I uninstalled it the first day...:evil:

its not good as many other software out there but its definitely better than stock

what settings are you guys talking about? o_O
how do you access these?

@geekindisguise... my speakers and headphone port are wrking fine in default i guess =/

you have to install dolby v4 first and then it just pops in the taskbar you turn it on, there are options too

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
its not good as many other software out there but its definitely better than stock

you have to install dolby v4 first and then it just pops in the taskbar you turn it on, there are options too

ooh
the default they gave with this lappy is some one key theatre or something

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
ooh
the default they gave with this lappy is some one key theatre or something

yeah uninstall that asap and download the dolby v4 from somewhere. google it for y500. i have also included the link in previous pages. install that then try it out

Top Bottom