The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Harsh23

Broken In
Did anyone figure out from where to get the win 8 single language 64 bit iso..??
i wanted to download that....

GamerKP

Broken In
does anybody have any idea about AUO laptop displays? it comes as a replacement of my current Y500 display.please anybody let me know whether i should be agree with lenovo to change the display with AUO display (model 18200157).

NETBOY

Broken In
You are not alone!!! Me n my Y500 are also there

I am confused whether i should go for Y510P 5937005
or Y500 basic variant.
Y510p costs $1029 andY500 costs $829
If i will go for Y510P i'll be getting 4th generation processor and extended battery backup + ssd.
And they have changed display of Y510p to glossy.

So should i still go for Y510P ... plz suggest

I saw a deal for it on lenovo website:
IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

its cost is $1029 after applying eCoupon* "SUMMERSAVE".

Its the best deal i could find from here so if you can find a better one then plz suggest as i am afraid the deal would expire.lenovo is giving 35% till 3 july... should buy or wait for 4th of july Independence day offers?

thanks in advance :)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Congo.....
From where did you get it????

From newegg.com through ishopinternational!!! :-D

I am confused whether i should go for Y510P 5937005
or Y500 basic variant.
Y510p costs $1029 andY500 costs $829
If i will go for Y510P i'll be getting 4th generation processor and extended battery backup + ssd.
And they have changed display of Y510p to glossy.

So should i still go for Y510P ... plz suggest

I saw a deal for it on lenovo website:
IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (US)

its cost is $1029 after applying eCoupon* "SUMMERSAVE".

Its the best deal i could find from here so if you can find a better one then plz suggest as i am afraid the deal would expire.lenovo is giving 35% till 3 july... should buy or wait for 4th of july Independence day offers?

thanks in advance :)
Why don't you do what I did and get this???
:)

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Congrats.....
Thanks... :-D

How do I format the Hard Drive into reasonable partitions without bricking the device? :|
And, do I need to create a recovery disk considering that I don't have an ODD???
......................................................................................................................................................

Okay, to the guys who PMed me about how I bought the laptop with GT 650m SLI from US, here's the procedure...
First of all, I registered and requested a quote from ishopinternational.com for the lappy...
This was the laptop I requested a quote for...
They replied within 48 hours, I think, with their estimate of the product price, shipping and customs duties... It was somewhat like this:-
Around 58k for the lappy, 4.5k for shipping and 10.5k for customs... They also provide a link for you to complete the order... Once, that's done, the waiting game begins... My payment was flagged and it took a couple of days for ebs to unflag the payment, then around 3 days for it to reach their NY office, two days for it to reach the Mumbai office and clear customs and then 4 days for it to reach Guwahati... I had to pick it up from the Regional Office of Blue Dart about 5km from my house as Blue Dart don't service my pincode... :)
........................................................................................................................................................
Expect some pictures soon!!! :cool::-D

Harsh23

Broken In
Thanks... :-D

How do I format the Hard Drive into reasonable partitions without bricking the device? :|
And, do I need to create a recovery disk considering that I don't have an ODD???
......................................................................................................................................................

Okay, to the guys who PMed me about how I bought the laptop with GT 650m SLI from US, here's the procedure...
First of all, I registered and requested a quote from ishopinternational.com for the lappy...
This was the laptop I requested a quote for...
They replied within 48 hours, I think, with their estimate of the product price, shipping and customs duties... It was somewhat like this:-
Around 58k for the lappy, 4.5k for shipping and 10.5k for customs... They also provide a link for you to complete the order... Once, that's done, the waiting game begins... My payment was flagged and it took a couple of days for ebs to unflag the payment, then around 3 days for it to reach their NY office, two days for it to reach the Mumbai office and clear customs and then 4 days for it to reach Guwahati... I had to pick it up from the Regional Office of Blue Dart about 5km from my house as Blue Dart don't service my pincode... :)
........................................................................................................................................................
Expect some pictures soon!!! :cool::-D
Great Congo dude...
Post some benchmarks with that sli...

yashxxx

Journeyman
please tell me when y510p is launching in india?
my b'day is next month and i was promised by my dad that he will gift me a laptop and i want y510p or something new with 4th gen proc. so,please any one help me with this.
thanks.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I sent bill and all info but still same 1 year warranty, chat support is saying you have to contact dealer for 2 yr warranty maybe he is offering 2yr extended warranty .
Where did you buy from and what type of warranty did he offer.

Also to anyone interested for the windows 8 iso here's the official from Microsoft

Download Windows 8 ISO (x86 / x64) File Directly From Microsoft | Redmond Pie

tnny9

Broken In
I will once I get well... :)
Have a flight tomorrow to my NIT too, so, will be busy this week...
Btw, the lappy is sexy as hell though am still getting used to browsing in FullHD!!! :-D
Congrats on your purchase, just a question, why didn't u ordered via "lenovo US" website and then forwarded via ishopinternational?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Congrats on your purchase, just a question, why didn't u ordered via "lenovo US" website and then forwarded via ishopinternational?

As far as I know, Lenovo US doesn't ship to freight forwarders... I tried purchasing from them through borderlinx and the order was cancelled and they gave me this reason... :-x
You can try using freight forwarders and see if you have any luck since it's usually about 5k cheaper that way... :)

Where did you buy from and what type of warranty did he offer.

Also to anyone interested for the windows 8 iso here's the official from Microsoft

Download Windows 8 ISO (x86 / x64) File Directly From Microsoft | Redmond Pie

Why am I getting a feelinng that eventually it will turn out to be Win 8 Pro........ Anyways, I'll download it once I get back to my college

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Guys, I m having weird Situations with the 320 drivers.

when i tried to install the new 320 drivers, in the installation process, old driver got uninstalled, and while installing new driver then about 20% the screen blinked 2 or 3 times it said error in installing and the process is aborted. in the right click menu there is no nvidia control center and i checked in dxdiag it showed somthing like generic display and the memory was just 128mb. i tried the restore point option but that too didnt work it said somthing has gone wrong. then again i downloaded 320 drivers and tried to instal at the same point it stopped i even tried 314, 307 all stopped at the same postion.( i didnt mess up in installion settings i tried express instal as well as custom install too)

so i restored the system image using one key recovery, now im back on 307 default nvidia drivers but now i see a strange thing that is after i enter my password and hit enter the display blink briefly for a moment then it contiues loading then start screen shows. i m very much sure that the blinking effect was not present before. it blinks each and every time i enter into my user.

im really afraid to try out any other drivers because even the system restore point not works.

Any idea what went wrong ?

Top Bottom