The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Guys, I m having weird Situations with the 320 drivers.

when i tried to install the new 320 drivers, in the installation process, old driver got uninstalled, and while installing new driver then about 20% the screen blinked 2 or 3 times it said error in installing and the process is aborted. in the right click menu there is no nvidia control center and i checked in dxdiag it showed somthing like generic display and the memory was just 128mb. i tried the restore point option but that too didnt work it said somthing has gone wrong. then again i downloaded 320 drivers and tried to instal at the same point it stopped i even tried 314, 307 all stopped at the same postion.( i didnt mess up in installion settings i tried express instal as well as custom install too)

so i restored the system image using one key recovery, now im back on 307 default nvidia drivers but now i see a strange thing that is after i enter my password and hit enter the display blink briefly for a moment then it contiues loading then start screen shows. i m very much sure that the blinking effect was not present before. it blinks each and every time i enter into my user.

im really afraid to try out any other drivers because even the system restore point not works.

Any idea what went wrong ?

Okayy.. you just gave enough proof for us to be sure that intel integrated card is not locked away. I'll think of some way to enable optimus soon!.

now,... coming to your problem... go to computer>>manage>>device manager>>display. and tell me what all you see there. if there is no intel card showing there... then simply go to lenovo and update to the nvidia drivers they have on their site.
do not update to 320. I hear its buggy.

Now... in case the intel card is popping up, then u should factory reset it.
however, if i were you... i would keep it like that... cause it probably means optimus has somehow been enabled.

do post and tell us what haappens.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Aha you got the 650m version ariftwister
nice decision
coming to the problem my laptop also had this problem. It's a hardware problem in gpu whenever the screen resolution changes the screen will blink (just check it out) it happened to of also in 2008 due to incompatible drivers provided by nvidia.
I suggest its still under warranty you should get your laptop repaired immediately.
BTW The 320 drivers are known to overclock the gpu's beyond their limit and in most of the cases it has been known to kill the gpu
so get your laptop repaired before the warranty runs out!!?!!

Hrishi

nice decision
coming to the problem my laptop also had this problem. It's a hardware problem in gpu whenever the screen resolution changes the screen will blink (just check it out) it happened to of also in 2008 due to incompatible drivers provided by nvidia.
I suggest its still under warranty you should get your laptop repaired immediately.
BTW The 320 drivers are known to overclock the gpu's beyond their limit and in most of the cases it has been known to kill the gpu

seriously ???

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Okayy.. you just gave enough proof for us to be sure that intel integrated card is not locked away. I'll think of some way to enable optimus soon!.

now,... coming to your problem... go to computer>>manage>>device manager>>display. and tell me what all you see there. if there is no intel card showing there... then simply go to lenovo and update to the nvidia drivers they have on their site.
do not update to 320. I hear its buggy.

Now... in case the intel card is popping up, then u should factory reset it.
however, if i were you... i would keep it like that... cause it probably means optimus has somehow been enabled.

do post and tell us what haappens.

it is showing 650m only.. in lenovo support i dont find any nvidia drivers, they have only intel wireless drivers under DISPLAY category..!!

nice decision

What driver currently are you on ?? did you get repaired your device ??

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
it is showing 650m only.. in lenovo support i dont find any nvidia drivers, they have only intel wireless drivers under DISPLAY category..!!

What driver currently are you on ?? did you get repaired your device ??

Not in display.... check in video... and download the one for 64 bit!
it'll work... dnt worry!

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
i have a old laptop.....
check whether changing the screen resolution leads to screen blinking
it was repaired under warranty

yeah it blinks.. whats this blinking to do with my problem ?? In every monitor/lapotop changing the resolution leads to blinking. During login screen it wont blink in those days but now it is blinking. That is weird.

technically the 320 drivers were not installed because the installation aborted in middle. so i think my gpu were not damaged (i hope)

Not in display.... check in video... and download the one for 64 bit!
it'll work... dnt worry!

my bad, now only i saw but now on limited data. i will download once i reach my hostel.

To be clear, My problem is 'im not able to install any nvidia drivers (307,314,320) the installation aborts in middle and also the system restore point also does not works'. So if anything is messed up my only saviour is One key Recovery.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Then its fine don't worry
download drivers as akash nandi says otherwise factory reset the laptop

the driver is already installed just now i checked the version. it is the same.
actualy i restored from the system image backup so it is like factory reset no..? should i still factory reset?

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
the driver is already installed just now i checked the version. it is the same.
actualy i restored from the system image backup so it is like factory reset no..? should i still factory reset?

no... theres a small, very minute difference. just do the factory reset (the first option).

It'll be fine

usually when a gpu is screwd... it runs at high idle temps... what kind of temps are u seeing?

Btw... guys.... has anyone updated to the 320.49 WHQL drivers yet...? its supposed to have a fix for all the 320.18 driver problems

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
no... theres a small, very minute difference. just do the factory reset (the first option).

It'll be fine

usually when a gpu is screwd... it runs at high idle temps... what kind of temps are u seeing?

Btw... guys.... has anyone updated to the 320.49 WHQL drivers yet...? its supposed to have a fix for all the 320.18 driver problems

i checked in CPUID its 49 C in idle
i wil update after playing games for few hours

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Off-topic: is there any 2TB internal HDD replacement for laptops? How much does it cost in india? :/
There should be considering we have 2tb external laptop drives by western digital although that costs like 10k.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
i checked in CPUID its 49 C in idle
i wil update after playing games for few hours

Okay... so lets keep factory reset as the last option

as of now, go to the driver support page of lenovo, >>video>> install intel video drivers 64bit
next, go to device manager, and under that, you should now see 2 options, 1 --> intel and the other will be GT 650M
right click on gt 650m, under the driver tab, click on roll back driver.
This should work.
if it doesn't, then try uninstalling it. after that, go to D drive, inside the driver folder, u should see video drivers/display drivers... install nvidia drivers from there.

if none of these work, You'll have to Factory reset it.

i read a few days back that some people were having some problems with the dvd drive....well now i have some problem as well...the button for ejecting the drive goes inside after a few clicks...the light does not blink....and it feels that the back of the laptop at the side of the dvd drive is weak...because when i try to pick it up from the dvd drive side...the back material feels like its going in...what to do???

i read a few days back that some people were having some problems with the dvd drive....well now i have some problem as well...the button for ejecting the drive goes inside after a few clicks...the light does not blink....and it feels that the back of the laptop at the side of the dvd drive is weak...because when i try to pick it up from the dvd drive side...the back material feels like its going in...what to do???

I also felt it....... but no DVD drive issues for me..........few users faced it. They say that only one side of button is working & also eject option from Computer

Top Bottom