The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

jamiejako

Broken In
Not a fan of the touchpad still, but that's just me nitpicking.

The touchpad is great if you've got the synaptics one. Just update your drivers and master the multi-touch gestures and it'll be a breeze to use. (two-finger scroll, two-finger tap to right click)

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
as an added bonus to the touchpad you can enable 3 finger tap for middle click and 4 finger tap. just google the registry tweaks its fairly simple and works great. the 3 finger tap for middle click is particularly extremely useful for web browsing

jamiejako

Broken In
as an added bonus to the touchpad you can enable 3 finger tap for middle click and 4 finger tap. just google the registry tweaks its fairly simple and works great. the 3 finger tap for middle click is particularly extremely useful for web browsing

i've been looking around and haven't found anything so far : is there a way to show desktop using four finger swipe?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
i've been looking around and haven't found anything so far : is there a way to show desktop using four finger swipe?

it is with the updated synaptics drivers from the website. you can alternatively set tap zones in the synaptics settings and there is an action to minimize everthing

deadzone

Journeyman
I am thinking to buy Y500.

Importing seems to be cheaper option but its looks risky because of touchpad problems and DVD write problems.

Seeing above posts i found that lenovo Y500 GT750m graphics card is available at $879 and the total cost after import comes to be around 48000 Rupees.

In india the version which is available at 65K comes with ultrabay ? Or can anyone tell which model here refers to the indian model ?

Thanks

jamiejako

Broken In
In india the version which is available at 65K comes with ultrabay ? Or can anyone tell which model here refers to the indian model ?

yes, the indian version comes with the ultrabay, which is a dvd drive.
the model closest to the indian version is the last one on the list : $1349 ;
the processor on mine is a 3632QM though, and there is no 16 gb SSD.
to me, the best option seems to be the third one on the list.
why don't you call your nearest lenovo customer center and ask if they'd take care of the touchpad problems, if any, if the laptop is the US version.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
dude just ask thee shop to bring you the latest manufactured model. i asked them specifically to bring the march manufactured model from the storage they have and they did just that. the old stock is mostly sold out i guess. as long as you get the march model there will be no problems. and the 1299 model is the indian model.

deadzone

Journeyman
OK

But the current on offer $879 model and no offer $1299 model has no difference apart from 16gb ssd

Importing without the current offer from lenovo seems like to cost more...around 80k for similar Indian version.

When can we expect Y500 GT750m coming to india

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
The touchpad is great if you've got the synaptics one. Just update your drivers and master the multi-touch gestures and it'll be a breeze to use. (two-finger scroll, two-finger tap to right click)

Yeah obviously, been there done that. Still it's a bit clunky (hardware) and not really a fan of multi touch gesture. Again, nothing unusable - but I'd have prefered a good old fashioned touchpad. Perhaps it's just the learning curve, might get better.

The most annoying part is when I end up raising the volume by accidentally scrolling up. My ears almost bled from that.

sanemate

Broken In
Those wishing to buy it online, Flipkart is iving an additional 5% off today on all electronics, on top of the 5% off on credit cards etc that was there. You can get this beauty for around 61k and change.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
Can anyone tell me is this guard right for the laptop and tell me whether its available locally???

Official Site of ViewGuard® Products including Privacy Filters & Screen Protectors for Laptop, Notebook & Desktop Computers; LCD Screens; Mobile Phones; PDAs and More

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
you dont need to put a gurd on your laptop screen man whats with everyone and screenguards. it destroys the visbility. youre paying 65k for an awesome screen why are you making it worse by a screenguard. its not like the screen comes in contact with keys. i have a 5 year old laptop without a single scratch on the screen and used it roughly

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
I am Buying It ASAP !!! Best VFM that I found till Now ... Whats up with touch pad !!

Initial batch had ELAN touchpad which had some compatability issues with the laptop - so it would go all crazy on you. The replacement Synaptics touchpad works fine.

Top Bottom