The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

$hadow

Geek in making
Nope, disabled everything and still goes crazy. It's a hardware issue, when the system heats up, the touchpad goes crazy.

This is something which is really horrible. Planning to buy it but now don't know it what to do now.

anirbanhere

Broken In
I think it is better to buy this laptop another 2-3 months later,until Lenovo resolves all issues. I talked with a lenovo guy in US website, they have replaced all touchpads with synaptics there. Hope that happens here to or the stocks gets replaced.

govinda123

Right off the assembly line
Someone please tell the best shop in Delhi to get Y500 at reasonable rate?

Also, Does Y500 comes with 2 year warranty or 1 year?

AVS

Can't convince? Confuse..
I think it is better to buy this laptop another 2-3 months later,until Lenovo resolves all issues. I talked with a lenovo guy in US website, they have replaced all touchpads with synaptics there. Hope that happens here to or the stocks gets replaced.

I checked with the lenovo sales desk in bangalore and they have confirmed the reassembling of the faulty products already. I just placed my order today morning and ll b getting my piece in another hour...

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

I checked with the lenovo sales desk in bangalore and they have confirmed the reassembling of the faulty products already. I just placed my order today morning and ll b getting my piece in another hour...

:twisted::twisted::twisted:

Can you give me the email or phone number in which you contacted? Lenovo guys are asking me proof that synaptics is the solution.

BTW @n3rd: Have you pressed the button next to AC socket at left side of laptop? One key recovery?
When I pressed it I got 2 backups, one created by me & other system backup was factory made.......

AVS

Can you give me the email or phone number in which you contacted? Lenovo guys are asking me proof that synaptics is the solution.

BTW @n3rd: Have you pressed the button next to AC socket at left side of laptop? One key recovery?
When I pressed it I got 2 backups, one created by me & other system backup was factory made.......

I'll PM you the number?... By the way mine is an ELAN one and the dealer told that all of the stock is re assembled to correct the issue.... Let me wait for couple of days and then assess the actual situation with touchpad... Spent whole night yesterday fiddling with the lappy... :p:p:p

I'll PM you the number?... By the way mine is an ELAN one and the dealer told that all of the stock is re assembled to correct the issue.... Let me wait for couple of days and then assess the actual situation with touchpad... Spent whole night yesterday fiddling with the lappy... :p:p:p

Give me the number & whose number is that exactly?

hey guys
1 query.
I believe y500 has one audio port and one microphone port. With this I was planning to buy a Roccat Kave, which has 4 different ports , one each for front, rear, center speakers and microphone along with the usb control for its amp. So, Ill have to buy a souncard along with it ? How to install it etc .? Which one should I go for ? or else shall I go with some other headsets altogether ? Theres Siberia, corsair. I don't know about the number of ports etc. Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

AVS

Give me the number & whose number is that exactly?

This guy is supposed to be the oldest lenovo sales partner in bangalore. Shop name is Neon technologies.
You can get more details from him. I bought the lappy from him only - 9900266370.

Cheers
:-D:-D:-D

Y500 has only one one audio port & one mic port. I don't know how to install sound card. I didn't see any free ports inside laptop(except RAM slot)

tkin

Back to school!!
Y500 has only one one audio port & one mic port. I don't know how to install sound card. I didn't see any free ports inside laptop(except RAM slot)
You can't, get an external soundcard that runs via USB, a creative with 5.1 channel audio costs 4k, while steelseries siberia with 2 channel audio costs 1k.

So I am down to these ..
ROCCAT KULO USB 7.1 or STEELSERIES SIBERIA V2...
both USB ..
I think SIBERIA ... Do you guys have any other suggestions ? Thanks ...

Sorry for noobistic question but does this lappy come with two nvidia 650gt in sli preinstalled or do we need to install it later???

anirbanhere

Broken In
It only comes with one 650m and I think its upto Lenovo when they will launch an ultrabay 650m or even they wont. Either way u know there is a possibility and it is SLI enabled! :p

Gtb93

In the zone
Hey guys. Just a heads-up. I had a talk with guys with flipkart today evening.
Most of you already know this.. He told me that all the current flipkart stock is manufactured prior to November. He also told me that they are aware of the ELAN touchpad issue, and that flipkart will be swiftly updating the website with the newer pieces, in about 2-3 days. I will also get a notification via mail as and when they will do so. He suggested me not to purchase it at the moment, and that I wait for the newer stock to arrive.

now, with the touchpad issues fixed(hopefully), this is one beast to get. :)

Estbarul

so do you think the laptops that amazon, best buy or newegg are selling have those issues fixed already?

Estbarul

Lenovo service centre guys told me that they have given order for my Synaptics touchpad

Can't say, mostly all faulty Y500 are replaced in US

No prob, I'll get the non SLI version first and then buy the extra card, just talked to a Lenovo guy by chat and he told me that the Y500's on sale in the Lenovo site have the touchpad problems fixed.

$hadow

Geek in making
No prob, I'll get the non SLI version first and then buy the extra card, just talked to a Lenovo guy by chat and he told me that the Y500's on sale in the Lenovo site have the touchpad problems fixed.

Dude buying another gt 650m will burn a hole in your pocket. If you are willing to spend that much go for a better lappy.

Top Bottom