The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
hey,make a review for this laptop.and do some gaming benchmark. i also want to buy this laptop.what is the exact price.

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
hey,make a review for this laptop.and do some gaming benchmark. i also want to buy this laptop.what is the exact price.

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
Listed on FK @ 67K. I'm getting it from FK, nowhere else could I find it, so reckon it's the best deal. If you can find it in some local store, the better since you can bargain it down.

kickfury

Broken In
Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-346619) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com
Listed on FK @ 67K. I'm getting it from FK, nowhere else could I find it, so reckon it's the best deal. If you can find it in some local store, the better since you can bargain it down.

does it come with blu ray drive? the specs on FK doesn't say so

rider

as Kratos
It looks like a great laptop for price and specs. I suggest everyone to not buy any thing pre-paid from flipkart. Many of buyer face troubles for delivery. For such expensive things always prefer buying from local market and I'm damn sure it would be available less than 65k locally.

I'm really impressed by the looks. They took little inspiration from girlish vaio laptops with coloured keyboard button edges. It has brushed metallic black palm rest and look more quite like a thinkpad in shape. Overall it is more a boys' toy a true gaming machine. Thank god! this time lenovo put the proper clocked version of nvidia GT 650M because earlier Lenovo played clocking game in their high end laptop (lower clocked GT 555M) in India, results failure in sale.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
It looks like a great laptop for price and specs. I suggest everyone to not buy any thing pre-paid from flipkart. Many of buyer face troubles for delivery. For such expensive things always prefer buying from local market and I'm damn sure it would be available less than 65k locally.

I'm really impressed by the looks. They took little inspiration from girlish vaio laptops with coloured keyboard button edges. It has brushed metallic black palm rest and look more quite like a thinkpad in shape. Overall it is more a boys' toy a true gaming machine. Thank god! this time lenovo put the proper clocked version of nvidia GT 650M because earlier Lenovo played clocking game in their high end laptop (lower clocked GT 555M) in India, results failure in sale.
Say wat?

rider

as Kratos

With me and some others who faced this from flipkart. Flipkart sometimes gives false promise to send product that is above 50k with no COD. They take money and cheat customers by delaying it after weeks they return the money and say order has been canceled due to unknown reasons. So always prefer COD products from flipkart.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
With me and some others who faced this from flipkart. Flipkart sometime gives false promise to send product that is above 50k with no COD. They take money and cheat customers by delaying it after weeks they return the money and say order has been canceled due to unknown reasons. So always prefer COD products from flipkart.
I ordered my L9 on Sunday at 4 am, they shipped it that noon, so no complaints there, however the laptop I ordered has not been shipped yet, it still says shipping by 7th, I could cancel it any time until its shipped.

rider

as Kratos
One of my friend told me that ecommerce companies do this generally in pre-orders and those orders in which they are proving cashback or big discount because they get interest by keeping big money in their accounts.

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
One of my friend told me that ecommerce company do this generally in pre-orders and those orders in which they are proving cashback or big discount because they get interest by keeping big money in their accounts.
Seems more like a conspiracy theory to me.

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
With me and some others who faced this from flipkart. Flipkart sometimes gives false promise to send product that is above 50k with no COD. They take money and cheat customers by delaying it after weeks they return the money and say order has been canceled due to unknown reasons. So always prefer COD products from flipkart.
That's not 'cheating', that's at best being unprofessional/poor service.

Placed my order anywho - lets see how it goes :)

aniv91

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys!
even i was planning to get this laptop till i went to the local dealer to get to know more details.
apparently they dont come in FHD.. is that so? Its mentioned FHD in Flipkart.. or is the flipkart version different.
I took the same model number to this guy.. [or is this feller a dumb f**k]

Whoever's got this lap, plz tell me if it comes with FHD standard issue

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
It has non FHD models - and yes the guy is dumb as ****. The one Flipkart offers is FHD.

rider

as Kratos
That's not 'cheating', that's at best being unprofessional/poor service.

Placed my order anywho - lets see how it goes :)

Promising someone to deliver the product at the time of payment and then refusing it for no reason is clearly a cheating. :facepalm:
They returned my money after a month by calling and emailing them hundred of times.

andy2703

Right off the assembly line
Hi!:wave: Those are very good specs for the price, I was searching for a Laptop like this, but I read at a lot of places about its faulty elan touchpad, do these Indian ones come with that shitty elan touchpad or do we get the synaptic one which works well? Please reply, I need to get one soon, Thank you..........

Top Bottom