The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

rider

as Kratos
Hi!:wave: Those are very good specs for the price, I was searching for a Laptop like this, but I read at a lot of places about its faulty elan touchpad, do these Indian ones come with that shitty elan touchpad or do we get the synaptic one which works well? Please reply, I need to get one soon, Thank you..........

AFAIK it comes with Elan touchpad.

rider

as Kratos
Elan that bad huh? My Dell 15R also comes with Elan, though I will be using my Deathadder in home, but outside... is the Elan that bad? Hell.

Don't know much about elan touchpad but andy2703 and others complaint about it. Mine dv6 comes with synaptic touchpad and it works like charm for me. It is the second best touchpad I used after apple macbook pro.

vigneshn92

Broken In
Don't know much about elan touchpad but andy2703 and others complaint about it. Mine dv6 comes with synaptic touchpad and it works like charm for me. It is the second best touchpad I used after apple macbook pro.

Yes it does come with the faulty touchpad.but the lenovo guys replaced it within a day with a synaptics touchpad.if u re lucky u myt end up getting a model with a good touchpad as apparently only a few models manufactured during novemeber hav this problem.i was one of them !

Yes it does come with the faulty touchpad.but the lenovo guys replaced it within a day with a synaptics touchpad.if u re lucky u myt end up getting a model with a good touchpad as apparently only a few models manufactured during novemeber hav this problem.i was one of them !

Which touchpad do u have ? Mine is ELAN

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Promising someone to deliver the product at the time of payment and then refusing it for no reason is clearly a cheating. :facepalm:
They returned my money after a month by calling and emailing them hundred of times.
No it isn't. If they'd left you without any money, that's scam/cheating. They could have reasons like product going out of stock or something - which is unprofessional and poor, but that's it. What else would they have to gain from it?

Is it working alright?

rider

as Kratos
No it isn't. If they'd left you without any money, that's scam/cheating. They could have reasons like product going out of stock or something - which is unprofessional and poor, but that's it. What else would they have to gain from it?

Dude, you can't understand when some unknown authority takes your 55k and return it after a month. They gained the interest money by putting in their account for a month. The product was recently launched and they hiked price tag after an hour of purchasing. In my case they were providing me a big cash back which might getting em some loss. It seems like you are a flipkart fanboy. Nice to meet you.

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Dude, you can't understand when some unknown authority takes your 55k and return it after a month. They gained the interest money by putting in their account for a month. The product was recently launched and they hiked price tag after an hour of purchasing. In my case they were providing me a big cash back which might getting em some loss. It seems like you are a flipkart fanboy. Nice to meet you.
Goodness, so anyone who doesn't subscribe to your bizzare conspiracy theory is a fanboy eh? Good to know.

rider

as Kratos
Goodness, so anyone who doesn't subscribe to your bizzare conspiracy theory is a fanboy eh? Good to know.

If they didn't return my money it would be a fraud or say simply a "chori". This was clearly a cheating which your ego can't admit. It's not my bizarre conspiracy!! understand! many people like me suffered this from flipkart. I was just trying to warn other fellas.

tkin

Back to school!!
If they didn't return my money it would be a fraud or say simply a "chori". This was clearly a cheating which your ego can't admit. It's not my bizarre conspiracy!! understand! many people like me suffered this from flipkart. I was just trying to warn other fellas.
Well I personally don't know more than a few people who are not satisfied with FK, they generate over $100mil revenue, using your theory if they wanted to make a profit(by holding cash for a month) they would have to do so for atleast 50% of the customers, I don't hear much noise here.

andy2703

Right off the assembly line

:shock: woooo thats scary, so Lenovo's quality control has come to this, its like a lottery out there. Well I am having second thoughts about buying it now, considering I am not exactly those lucky types. Its a shame really coz the laptop really is a gem otherwise.

rider

as Kratos
Well I personally don't know more than a few people who are not satisfied with FK, they generate over $100mil revenue, using your theory if they wanted to make a profit(by holding cash for a month) they would have to do so for atleast 50% of the customers, I don't hear much noise here.

May be because most of the people order as COD. This is the safest way to order. Their order of above 50k might be rare. BTW It happened a long time ago like 15 months and was also discussed in our TDF.

tkin

Back to school!!
May be because most of the people order as COD. This is the safest way to order. Their order of above 50k might be rare. BTW It happened a long time ago like 15 months and was also discussed in our TDF.
You may be right:
*i.imgur.com/KTN3DDE.jpg

OMG, They be running away with money, noooooo :D :D

But this also happened:
*i.imgur.com/21Ll6ye.png

That's my 18k L9, shipped on the same day I ordered, that too on a sunday, just for this I am letting flipkart get away with this delay:

*i.imgur.com/OH1Gnyt.png

dan4u

Took Off!!!
The official Price is Rs 64,290.....so it would be even less at a local shop, I'd suggest not to get from any online retailer if you can find one at a local shop....

vigneshn92

Broken In
I did have elan .had problems from day 3 onwards.but the thing is the guy came and pikd up d lappy,replaced it with a synaptics touchpad(no problems till now) and delivered it bk, all within 24 hrs!

The official Price is Rs 64,290.....so it would be even less at a local shop, I'd suggest not to get from any online retailer if you can find one at a local shop....

He's right.Even in stores they quote varying prices from 65k to 68k.But after bargaining i got mine for 63k from a Lenovo flagship store

rider

as Kratos
You may be right:

OMG, They be running away with money, noooooo :D :D

But this also happened:

That's my 18k L9, shipped on the same day I ordered, that too on a sunday, just for this I am letting flipkart get away with this delay:

:facepalm: I'm talking about the products above 50k in which there are no such reliable options. Stop making fun, okay!! :wwe:

I did have elan .had problems from day 3 onwards.but the thing is the guy came and pikd up d lappy,replaced it with a synaptics touchpad(no problems till now) and delivered it bk, all within 24 hrs!

He's right.Even in stores they quote varying prices from 65k to 68k.But after bargaining i got mine for 63k from a Lenovo flagship store

You mean Lenovo guys(onsite warranty) ?? I also faced few problems, so i will call them soon

Arnab.rc

Broken In
what d..!! i was going to buy this laptop in d end of feb,, trying to collect the money in between this month...but they just replaced the fhd screen with hd..!!!! what d... now flipkart quickly made that product out of stock n i think the next they will launch hd model...!! :evil:
I m again thinking about going back to hp a10 processor-model....:cry:

anybody knows where i can still found any stock of fhd model in kolkata,....?..:-(

tkin

Back to school!!
:facepalm: I'm talking about the products above 50k in which there are no such reliable options. Stop making fun, okay!! :wwe:
Hehe, sorry buddy, you are right though, I live in a prominent section in kolkata, a mega city as it is, and all couriers access my house promptly without any issues, so never faced much issues :D :D
But others do have issues at times, even with bluedart/flipkart.

Top Bottom